Profile for Kathy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathy "Kathy" RSS Feed (New Mexico)

Philips HF3480 Wake-up Light
Philips HF3480 Wake-up Light
Offered by bedford power
Price: $139.95
2 used & new from $139.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great daylight clock WHEN it works, September 12, 2010
I really love this clock. I especially like the alarm choices you have!! The light is great. BUT....

The problem I have is that my husband purchased one for me for Christmas 2009. The light stopped working and the alarm tracks sounded as thought they were getting transposed. OK, I'm willing to trade it in--we were lucky--he bought it at Costco (who has a terrific trade-in policy by the way). The possibilty of a lemon is always there. So in late March/early April 2010 we receive the new one. In August 2010, the light quit working on the new clock. There is no way to change the bulb. I didn't over-use the lamp. At the most, 1 hour a day! Phillips states the bulb has a huge amount burn time. I forgot how much, but years. Reluctantly, we took the 2nd one back and got our money back. Don't want to have to bother with switching it out every few months; besides, Costco might get smart and discontinue it since the returns are probably pretty high. But as I said, I really liked it when it worked!

Barely There Women's Invisible Look Lift Underwire Bra #4540
Barely There Women's Invisible Look Lift Underwire Bra #4540

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bra for small volume breasts!, July 10, 2009
Barely There Women's Invisible Look Lift Underwire Bra #4540 This bra fits Great! It even makes me look larger which is a nice bonus! I am a sm B size generally and 36-38 band.
It's comfortable and actually conforms to my breast shape (my breasts tend to point slightly to the side). For me, if I get a cup size that actually fits my smaller size breast,they feel like they are being shifted to the front, and I am left with breast tissue hanging out on the sides. I think this is because if you have larger breasts they probably are able to shift to accommodate to point forward and still be cupped within the bra. Usually I have trouble finding a bra which has a small enough cup size but is wide enough to "cup" my breast without trying to shift it directly to the front.
I purchased the 36B and the wire doesn't dig into my sides. (I hadn't wore an underwire in years but the bras I have been wearing are discontinued). In addition, the cup doesn't look like it would be better if I stuffed it with something to fill it out so it won't colapse on itself. I'd really recommend considering this bra if you are a smaller breast size.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic shoe!!, November 15, 2008
I'm 53 years old and have NEVER worn heels higher than 1 inch with ANY pleasure. I slipped these shoes on and it was a true aha moment! In my whole life I've probably purchased 8-12prs higher than that 1 inch-they were all tortuous to wear after an hour or so at a party-forget all day! I like fashion but comfort always wins. These are great-I've worn them all day-traveling and walking around the airport. Admittedly by the end of the day I was glad to get them off but I wasn't hobbling or in agony. If you ever wanted to wear heels but figured you couldn't tolerate them--these are the pair to try! I love them and wish they came in a million colors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent older microwave cookbook, November 21, 2007
I recently purchased a copy of this for my mother-in-law. My Mom had given it to me years ago. It has easy to do, tasty microwavable items. The only thing I have had to do through the years is adjust the times as our microwaves are more powerful. There are the usual varieties of entree, veg, desserts. I always liked the cheezy chicken, the stuffed pork chops, stuffed tomatoes. I never did much with desserts so can't comment on these. The nice thing is that the basic how-to-microwave info is still helpful for newbies who are wanting to actually cook in the microwave. I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 because of the adjustments you need to do for the cooking times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bead & cross-stitch magazine!, November 21, 2007
I love this magazine! I cross-stitched in the 70-80s before my eyes were less co-operative which led me to beading. This magazine combines both beading and cross-stitch! The terrific patterns are varied: blackwork, 3D (ex. Santa, mobile, lizards) mixed media (cross stitch paper, box) and of course the usual jewelry (great amulet bags), wall hangings, pillows. They have good instructions-although occasionally the Australian terms for products makes you have to search for that item. They aren't cutesy like many cross-stitch mags. The stitching patterns have a good amt of depth/detail. The paper quality is wonderful and charts are easy to enlarge if you need to. The most recent issue addressed why she added beading. Plain and simple--it kept her magazine alive. Cross-stitching is not quite as popular as it was and beading is going strong so it made sense to combine the two. Her results address both well and as another reviewer suggested, you can use many patterns for both! SO I really recommend this -you won't go wrong!