Profile for TheACN > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheACN RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Moog K80340 Sway Bar Link Kit
Moog K80340 Sway Bar Link Kit
Price: $32.60
31 used & new from $32.60

3.0 out of 5 stars I had to replace them after a year, even ..., September 27, 2014
I had to replace them after a year, even though I had them greased every time I had an oil change (3000 miles).

Case Logic VNB-217 Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Case Logic VNB-217 Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Price: $22.99
54 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to do., October 9, 2013
Order Date: August 6, 2013

Well I've purchased this on August 6, so It's been 2 months. I use it daily and it's holding well. My laptop (MSI GT70) and books fit well. No tears or deformations yet. Within its price range, this is a good buy.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - PC
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - PC
Price: $20.99
27 used & new from $17.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoultely loved it!, October 9, 2013
I am 29 y.o. so I don't really play games like I used to. A game should be something really interesting to win me. Well, this game is just that! Yea there are couple bugs here and there but long story short; I really enjoyed it.

Hayden Automotive 2917 Premium Fan Clutch
Hayden Automotive 2917 Premium Fan Clutch
Price: $52.46
20 used & new from $47.14

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, October 9, 2013
Even on hot summer mornings, this fan clutch stays engaged for at least 5 minutes at cold starts. Also, It's supposed to release the fan blades at high rpm, but it doesn't.

Nevertheless, price is almost half of Motorcraft. So I'll settle.

MSI Computer Corp. MSI GT70 2OD-064US;9S7-176312-064 17.3-Inch Laptop
MSI Computer Corp. MSI GT70 2OD-064US;9S7-176312-064 17.3-Inch Laptop
3 used & new from $1,909.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect value/price!, October 2, 2013
I had an Alienware before this beauty. Msi attracted me with it's lower price. I took my chances and bought one. Boy am I surprised ! It's beautiful..

GTX 780 M in it is a monster. CPU (Haswell) and ram (12GB) is enough for gaming. Keyboard and track pad is precise. Dynaudio sounds beautiful. Build quality may feel just slightly below my previous Alienware but price difference doesn't make an Alienware a good buy. Oh and warranty is international and first year's warranty covers accidental drops and spills. Totally brilliant.

Now about the cons:
1-Definitely go for a version with SSD. HDD is just too slow for everyday computing. It's an extra cost and from gaming standpoint it only effects load times but believe me HDDs are the bottlenecks for load times.

2- not really a con but unlike some others gamers,I would've preferred a glossy screen. Matte screen may look better in high lighted conditions but it's not for my taste.

Bottom line: brilliant machine...

EDIT:

I saw Anandtech's review and their complain on cooling design. As it's discussed in Notebookreview's forum too, their review unit was probably faulty. I've finished playing Skyrim, Bioshock infinite and Dishonored (all maxed out) with this machine and there wasn't any overheating issues. Both CPU and GPU didn't go over 85 degrees Celsius (peak) which is fairly normal for a gaming laptop. No throttling either. Games were as smooth as the hum of my dad's new Ferrari. :)

Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy (The Mcgraw-Hill Economics Series)
by Christopher R. Thomas
Price: $195.36
90 used & new from $94.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Like like, July 25, 2013
The content is easy to understand and it has many real world examples to better illustrate the subject. Got an A by the way ;)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect :), July 25, 2013
First off; even though many sellers put their purchase link under the same ad, they might end up shipping slightly different items. So my review is for the one from seller "etou".

If you are interested in this product, then you'd know what to expect. I can safely say this unit will exceed your expectations. How so? Well:

1- I am using Torque app for Android. This app has an option to increase Bluetooth connectivity speed, so that live info would be displayed much faster on your smartphone's screen. The advertised unit (within the app) which has this option is about ~ $150. Well, this $11 product does support fast connect for less than 10th of the price.

2- I can see every single sensor info for my 05 Lincoln Navigator. Trouble codes, transmission temp, gear info, coolant temp, O2 sensor voltage info... You name it.

3- Bluetooth MAC address is NOT 11:22...., it does have a proper MAC address so you won't be getting connection issues (This issue is detailed in many other reviews).

I can only think of one down side with this adapter and it's that you have to enter PIN code every time you disconnect it from car's obd2 port. That's it.

Hope this helps

Bosch 20010349 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
Bosch 20010349 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
Price: $55.90
7 used & new from $34.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice rotors., June 4, 2013
I bought these for my 05 Navigator. There are so many options when it comes to rotors. I was in between these and Motorcraft. The old ones I got were Motorcafts; they lasted long and they were quiet so far. But that rust! I mean they look really bad! So I decided to go with Bosch this time. Their pricing is in about the same level. They really are quiet and it's been about 8k miles on them now and I am pleased. No rust yet, so that's ought to be a good sign.

P.S. At the time I bought them, they had mail in rebate offer. I sent them the barcodes and invoice but mail returned due to wrong address. I checked what I wrote on the envelope and the address was correct! Anyway, what I'm saying is that, don't think you'll get a rebate on these.

Bosch BP935 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Bosch BP935 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Price: $27.38
14 used & new from $27.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Quitcast is indeed quiet., June 4, 2013
I bought these for my 05 Navigator. They really are quiet and it's been about 8k miles on them now and I am pleased.

HTC One Screen Protector - SP P910
HTC One Screen Protector - SP P910
Offered by Wireless Express USA
Price: $4.99
7 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced worthless Junk!, May 31, 2013
I bought these from HTC's web site together with a brand two units of HTC One. They don't fit properly, and by the way there isn't any wipe or something in the package, just the protectors.

I must say I'm using smartphones since the Ericsson P900 and I became pretty handy on screen protection applications. When I say it's junk, believe me, it is. Material used in this protector is very clear and has good quality. But, dimensions of it, even though it's OEM, are just not right. Also, one of the screen protectors had dust between the two sheets of cover, right out of the package! Oh and after messing the ones I purchased from HTC, I bought a new pair here on Amazon, and messed them too. There goes the $30 I'm never getting back!

Then I bought some cheap alternative and it fitted perfectly fine. Even though you may see a little coloring on it when sun light hits directly, I prefer the cheap knockout.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3