Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for John_N > Reviews

Browse

John_N's Profile

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John_N RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Surface Pro 4 Screen Protector [Tempered Glass], SPARIN® Ultra Clear High Definition Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Microsoft Surface Pro 4
Offered by Sparin
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $15.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, Touch Sensitivity Reduces!., June 30, 2016
Unfortunately the touch sensitivity reduced greatly after installing this screen protector. Pen seems OK, which I don't use much anyway, but I have to press my finger very hard to get it to register. It would've been the perfect product otherwise, the clarity is good, the fit and finish is very good, and the supplied installation tools are one of the best I've came across. But that reduced touch issue is just something I can't live with...

I use glass screen protectors for all my devices, and this is the first time I've seen this kind of an issue.

Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
Price: $99.99
11 used & new from $85.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried almost all major brands... This is the one!, September 9, 2015
Purchased Powerbeats 2; sounded great but did not isolate ambient sound (didn't penetrate ear canal deep enough). Returned.

Purchased Bluebuds X; sounded great but was coming off during workout. I could live with it though. Lost it (probably dropped somewhere).

Purchased Jabra Rox (got magnet, idea was not to loose one more overpriced tech); sounded great but that volume was just too low. You know, just before that sweet spot the volume was already at max. Didn't enjoy thus returned.

Was gonna purchase Bluebuds again, but hey a new one is out (bestbuy had it in stock but not Amazon, that's why you don't see the orange "verified purchase" pride badge.); I'm all happy now. With the included foam tips the fit is great, volume is loud enough for my taste, and, that's it.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, isYoung® Denim Leather Wallet Case Bumper Cover for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch with Card Slots, Magnetic Closure, Stand Feature + Screen Protector + Stylus (Navy Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, September 9, 2015
I'm gonna keep this short. Since I've owned my iphone 6 plus, I've used stilgut, spigen and one more brand I can't even remember the name of. Stilgut was kinda pricey, but the part where the phone goes in is soft to touch but also hard in build (best ever). Stilgut looked good for the first couple months, but just like all others before it, got old and start looking bad in no time. Daily usage and countless times of open/close action does have its effects. So I've decided to give this isYoung a chance because I wanted to try a cheap cloth type one rather than classic leather (PU in most cases...) I gotta say, it looks good and also kinda casual. And who cares if this too gets old in couple moths, IT'S FIVE BUCKS! Even includes a screen protector and a cheap stylus... Can't beat that... Did I manage to keep this review short? Probably not but who cares it's five bucks

Added pictures. Black (actually more like dark navy blue) is mine and light blue is for the missus. Color might not be accurate due to lightning.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Moog K80340 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit
Moog K80340 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit
Price: $34.88
45 used & new from $29.05

3.0 out of 5 stars I had to replace them after a year, even ..., September 27, 2014
I had to replace them after a year, even though I had them greased every time I had an oil change (3000 miles).

Case Logic VNB-217 Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Case Logic VNB-217 Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Price: $22.99
141 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to do., October 9, 2013
Order Date: August 6, 2013

Well I've purchased this on August 6, so It's been 2 months. I use it daily and it's holding well. My laptop (MSI GT70) and books fit well. No tears or deformations yet. Within its price range, this is a good buy.

Hayden Automotive 2917 Premium Fan Clutch
Hayden Automotive 2917 Premium Fan Clutch
Price: $56.39
30 used & new from $46.85

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, October 9, 2013
Even on hot summer mornings, this fan clutch stays engaged for at least 5 minutes at cold starts. Also, It's supposed to release the fan blades at high rpm, but it doesn't.

Nevertheless, price is almost half of Motorcraft. So I'll settle.

MSI Computer Corp. MSI GT70 2OD-064US;9S7-176312-064 17.3-Inch Laptop
MSI Computer Corp. MSI GT70 2OD-064US;9S7-176312-064 17.3-Inch Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect value/price!, October 2, 2013
I had an Alienware before this beauty. Msi attracted me with it's lower price. I took my chances and bought one. Boy am I surprised ! It's beautiful..

GTX 780 M in it is a monster. CPU (Haswell) and ram (12GB) is enough for gaming. Keyboard and track pad is precise. Dynaudio sounds beautiful. Build quality may feel just slightly below my previous Alienware but price difference doesn't make an Alienware a good buy. Oh and warranty is international and first year's warranty covers accidental drops and spills. Totally brilliant.

Now about the cons:
1-Definitely go for a version with SSD. HDD is just too slow for everyday computing. It's an extra cost and from gaming standpoint it only effects load times but believe me HDDs are the bottlenecks for load times.

2- not really a con but unlike some others gamers,I would've preferred a glossy screen. Matte screen may look better in high lighted conditions but it's not for my taste.

Bottom line: brilliant machine...

EDIT:

I saw Anandtech's review and their complain on cooling design. As it's discussed in Notebookreview's forum too, their review unit was probably faulty. I've finished playing Skyrim, Bioshock infinite and Dishonored (all maxed out) with this machine and there wasn't any overheating issues. Both CPU and GPU didn't go over 85 degrees Celsius (peak) which is fairly normal for a gaming laptop. No throttling either. Games were as smooth as the hum of my dad's new Ferrari. :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect :), July 25, 2013
First off; even though many sellers put their purchase link under the same ad, they might end up shipping slightly different items. So my review is for the one from seller "etou".

If you are interested in this product, then you'd know what to expect. I can safely say this unit will exceed your expectations. How so? Well:

1- I am using Torque app for Android. This app has an option to increase Bluetooth connectivity speed, so that live info would be displayed much faster on your smartphone's screen. The advertised unit (within the app) which has this option is about ~ $150. Well, this $11 product does support fast connect for less than 10th of the price.

2- I can see every single sensor info for my 05 Lincoln Navigator. Trouble codes, transmission temp, gear info, coolant temp, O2 sensor voltage info... You name it.

3- Bluetooth MAC address is NOT 11:22...., it does have a proper MAC address so you won't be getting connection issues (This issue is detailed in many other reviews).

I can only think of one down side with this adapter and it's that you have to enter PIN code every time you disconnect it from car's obd2 port. That's it.

Hope this helps

Bosch 20010349 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
Bosch 20010349 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
Price: $59.32
13 used & new from $44.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice rotors., June 4, 2013
I bought these for my 05 Navigator. There are so many options when it comes to rotors. I was in between these and Motorcraft. The old ones I got were Motorcafts; they lasted long and they were quiet so far. But that rust! I mean they look really bad! So I decided to go with Bosch this time. Their pricing is in about the same level. They really are quiet and it's been about 8k miles on them now and I am pleased. No rust yet, so that's ought to be a good sign.

P.S. At the time I bought them, they had mail in rebate offer. I sent them the barcodes and invoice but mail returned due to wrong address. I checked what I wrote on the envelope and the address was correct! Anyway, what I'm saying is that, don't think you'll get a rebate on these.

Bosch BP935 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Bosch BP935 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Price: $34.14
17 used & new from $31.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Quitcast is indeed quiet., June 4, 2013
I bought these for my 05 Navigator. They really are quiet and it's been about 8k miles on them now and I am pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3