Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for B. Lawson > Reviews

Browse

B. Lawson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Lawson "Spike" RSS Feed (Midwest, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LG V10 Screen Protector, DEGBIT® [Full Coverage] LG V10 Tempered Glass Screen Protector [0.3mm 9H 2.5D] Ultra Clear / Case-Friendly / Anti-Scratch Glass Screen protector for LG V10 - Lifetime Warrenty
Offered by Degbit Driect
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, it's very cheap insurance for your rather expensive phone, June 27, 2016
My last screen protector lifted off of the phone, so I was in the market for new one, over the years I’ve done my fair share of wet application, dry application, plastic, tempered glass, and rubbery style gadget protectors.
I ended up getting 3 different protectors this time, since I’m not sure which would last, and which I’d like. One was a warranty replacement for what I had bought previously (Invishield), the next I bought as a new to me brand protector (in a 3 pack), and then this, the Degbit Tempered Glass protector.
This is my impressions of this protector.
The packaging is indeed very good, a nice and protective hard “book” that contains everything and keeps it in good shape. Inside I found both a wet cleaning wipe, and a dry cleaning wipe, along with a large dust remover sticker and 2 application tabs for the screen protector. Everything went according to plan, wet wipe the screen first, followed by the dry wipe. I put the application tabs on the glass protector before using the dust remover one last time on the phone. Removed the clear backing from the glass, lined it up as best as I could, and let it set in place. It’s always fun to watch the tempered glass protectors as they suck themselves flat onto the phone.
No bubbles, no lint underneath, and I got it on pretty much straight. It is cyystal clear, no blemishes, no reduced phone viewing or sensitivity, overall I’m extremely happy with this, I feel it’s worth the price for sure. I’ve never broken a screen (knock on wood), I take good care of my phones, but I like cases and screen protectors because life happens, and I want to protect my displays and camera lenses so my phone can work well its entire life.
Don’t let this review be tainted because I received a discount on this in exchange for a review, I’ve paid for many screen protectors because I am looking for the ones who are worth it. If this performed poorly, I would state that, but 24 hours after installation, it’s looking like this will be staying for a while, I definitely recommend the Degbit Glass protector.
Comment Comment | Permalink

[#1 TOP RUNNING BELT]Running Belt Waist PackS unisex, fit iPhone 6 / 6 Plus & Android Smartphones - Great for Gym, Biking, Hiking, Travel Gifts - Running Guide & Motivational bracelet blue
Offered by NUOYIGAOGE
Price: $13.88
2 used & new from $13.78

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have a giant phone it's a stretch, otherwise a solid belt for your activities, June 24, 2016
I'm a large guy compared to most of my runner friends, 6' tall, 215 pounds or so, waist of 36". For the last several months I've been averaging 20-25 miles per week on street and trails. I've ran with my smartphone in armbands for 6+ years, sometimes I listen to music and sometimes I don't, and I have a collection of water bottle belts, camelbak packs, and handheld bottles that I use based on location, route, and weather. So when I say I received a coupon for this item in exchange for a review, please believe me when I say I'm giving a genuine review from a runner.

Late last year I upgraded to the LG v10 phone, it's a huge phone, and has been a pain to find a running holder for it since I still use Endomondo to track my runs, and like having a phone & camera with me while away. Armbands are stretched to the max and I've been experiencing screen protector issues in them now, backpacks are great for longer runs (8 miles +) , and my wife has a flipbelt she bought last year for marathon training, so I'm very familiar with the concept of these belts, I had that walking in.

I ran a 6 mile trail last night in some moderate heat, it was in the mid 80's and pretty humid here in the Midwest, so I sweat, that's what I do. Shirt soaked, shorts too, this belt showed signs of getting wet, but inside stayed pretty dry. My phone showed zero signs of moisture, no condensation or haze anywhere, but my keychain lanyard was damp, still haven't figured that out, but it's a cloth keychain so perhaps it was more able to wick moisture.
I put the phone and keys in and put them on my backside, instead of the front, very little movement, pretty much only while going downhill, and still minimal.
The clip and belt strap are a proper size for a running belt, I'm happy with that.
Being a dude, yeah, the blue is a little bright, but my running gear is a great hodgepodge of colors and I'll never win a fashion contest, so no biggie.
The only flaw, why I removed a star, is that they advertise it for all phones, and while that is true, it doesn't allow itself to close with my phone inside. I have no fear of it falling out, but I worry with extended use the openings will fatigue and start to separate the reinforced seam.
I will follow up with any long term issues, but I feel like this is definitely worth the asking price for running and other activities, I will give it a go on the bike this weekend.

RockyMounts PitchFork Black
RockyMounts PitchFork Black
Offered by Campmor
Price: $81.96
13 used & new from $81.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, will be getting a 2nd one for the other half., June 23, 2016
This review is from: RockyMounts PitchFork (Sports)
I'd been looking for a fork mount rack that'd fit the OEM Thule bars on my 2009 Volvo S60, but for my casual biking habits (well, once weekly with a group), I didn't want to spend hundreds more on just the tray, but also didn't want my bike to fall off while driving and damage either the bike or my car. This is my first roof rack for a bike, so I did my due research, and after reading plenty of online reviews both on Amazon and on other biking sites/forums, I decided to jump on the PitchFork (color choices are pretty nice too, even though I went with black). Now that I've had it for a few months and have transported my bike several times, I'm confident it's a good choice.

I have a standard 7 speed hybrid Jamis bike, no issues with the front fork fitting or any issues with the length, it's pretty perfect for my needs. The square bars on my cross bars make road noise over 50 mph, this on top (no bike) ads zero additional noise, so that's a plus.
I happened to have 2 leftover locks from my Thule OneKey system that worked to lock this in 2 places (with a little modification to the lock cylinders), so I feel very safe leaving the rack locked on the roof all summer, and leaving my bike on it while running errands around town if needed.

My only advice, check the packaging very quickly as some of the hardware can go missing. I first bought it from Amazon warehouse for a box damage deal, but ended up missing most of the hardware, so I sent it back. Second time I bought it from a reputable vendor, and it showed up still missing 1 thing. I worked out an agreeable solution with them and bought the part online, but even if you don't install it that day, I suggest opening it up and making sure the kit is truly complete.

It now has permanent residence on my car for weekly bike rides, it's so much nicer not having to put the bike in the trunk now!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gatorade Endurance Carb Energy Chews, Fruit Punch -  21 - 1.3 oz  (Pack of 21)
Gatorade Endurance Carb Energy Chews, Fruit Punch - 21 - 1.3 oz (Pack of 21)
Price: $22.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Isn't anything better than gels? Great supplement for me., June 12, 2016
Perfect for marathon training, I can only handle so many GU packs before I mentally check out...
I put these in the rotation with GU and sport beans, and had a very successful manymonths of training and race day performance for my first full marathon, so, I credit these with helping me keep energy levels during the run as well as post run recovery. I'm not a doctor, but you do have to put energy back in if you're going to train on 4 & 5 hour runs and feel alive.
The case I got was about 4-6 months from the manufacturer expiration/shelf pull date, so be aware of that, but it's not a food item I'd expect to turn bad quickly, and I just used the last pack after the date passed, and they were just the same texturaly so I'm happy.
Will be ordering another box, these are high up in my list of trail and training supplements!

Nalgene Bottle Carrier Handheld for 32 Oz bottles, Gray
Nalgene Bottle Carrier Handheld for 32 Oz bottles, Gray
Price: $16.83
26 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel, looking forward to more use, June 12, 2016
Finally jumped on the Nalgene bus after years of trying other brands of bottles, leaking, sweating, or being unable to clean properly due to complex bottle tops/spouts. Grabbed this carrier to go with the new bottle, and just spent a few weeks traveling all over and it performed great.
I used a carabiner to clip this to my backpack (through the bottle lid loop as well as the reinforced sleeve loop), never had an issue. 4 different airports, just take it through empty (they'll allow ice), and filled it up inside. Also that let me clip it into the seat back in front of me on my flights.
While hiking in Hawaii and Washington, I'd usually fill it halfway and freeze it over night at the hotel, topping it off before leaving the house. Did it stay icy all day in the heat? No, but it didn't get super hot, and that's a marked improvement over other insulated bottles or stainless steel cups. And, this sleeve/carrier produced zero external condensation, especially nice being around sand and dirt.
The front pocket isn't big at all, but big enough for a couple of tea bags or powdered flavor packs for the occasional addition.
Not having to pay for water in the airport and while traveling, I felt I've already recouped my purchase price, and I'm always happy to not use disposable water bottles unless absolutely necessary!
Dreading heading back to work tomorrow, but I suspect in the office environment, this will keep ice all day long for sure.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Quick Charge 3.0, CHOETECH 6-Port USB Charging Station with 2 Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Ports, USB A to C Cable and Charger Cradle for LG G5, Galaxy S6/S7/Edge, HTC 10, iPhone, iPad, Nexus 6P & More
Offered by CHOETECH-Official
Price: $80.00
2 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for consolidating your device chargers in one spot, June 11, 2016
I received this the night before I left for a long vacation, so I got to put it through it's paces while traveling. Packaged very well, even included a USB-C cable (can't use that yet, so I can't review that part).
The whole thing is packaged very well, opened it up and was using it in just a few seconds, really, it's a charger so not much explaining needed for set up. The top 2 ports are quick charge (indicated by blue colored ports), and the blue LED isn't horribly bright unless you happen to put it right next to your bed. The stand is nice, keeps it firmly in place.
While away, I used it to simultaneously charge my LG V10 on a quick charge port, and on the standard ports, our underwater camera, my other half's cell phone, and our tablet. Everything charged as normal as if they all had their own dedicated chargers, nothing got excessively hot, nothing acted out of line.
Now that we're home, I'm setting this up in permanent residence on our coffee table, it's compact and is going to free up a few different outlets now for device charging.

I did receive this product at a discount for my honest review, and this is indeed a genuine review from a fellow gadget lover.

LG V10 case, Toiko® [X-Guard] [Dark Blue]. A sturdy, beautiful, protective case made of two layers perfect fit for LG V10 2015 mobile phone case (TK113112).
Offered by Toko Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for daily use, worth the purchase, June 8, 2016
Ordered and received this case immediately before a nice vacation, so I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now, feel I can give an honest review. I take great care of my phones, but prefer a case to protect the screen and camera lens, as well as give me a little grip for handling, especially a large phone like the v10. The texture is just right to handle, but still allows me to slip it in my pocket with little issue. Also, the dual layer is nice, especially since it's not that tacky / sticky rubber like cheaper cases, this is actually had a really good feel to it.
No issues with NFC payments or the fingerprint scanner, so all good things.
One last note. I actually like how it lets me see a sliver of the metal sides of the phone, cosmetically it looks good to my eye.
At this point, I prefer this over the Spigen case sitting at home.

I received this product at a discount for my honest review, and this is indeed a genuine review from a fellow gadget lover.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S4, Slate
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S4, Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect combination of durable and sleek, December 14, 2015
After 2 years, still looks great. Now if I could get one for my new phone...
The buttons all push with proper feel and feedback, case is durable but slips in your pocket properly (without bring slippery). Resilient, you can take it off daily with zero adverse effects, definitely my go to case for any device I own.

Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch
Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch
Price: $14.24
11 used & new from $13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job properly with no issues, December 14, 2015
Bought this for my other half, I had read some reviews and had my concerns, but I'm aware of this brand from prior purchases. The clock is still working 6+ months later, it hasn't fallen apart or slowed down. You can hear a faint ticking while your scope is laying over your neck, but not one sound through the ear pieces.

VG Zippered Hardcore Workout Armband for Motorola Droid Turbo / Apple iPhone 6 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ / LG V10 / LG G4 / LG G Stylo / HTC One M9, Green
Offered by Bestpricecenter (Ship from USA)
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars LG v10 yes, case dependent. Looks to be a great for the price, December 14, 2015
If you need to put a large phone in an arm band to exercise, this will work. I was interested in this since it actually zips shut and I'm in full swing marathon training through the winter.
New owner of a LG V10, and it fits inside, with a Spigen Rugged Armor case too (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176UXH7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00). Not while in the otterbox defender though, but that's kind of expected.
I bought the green, any extra visibility while running is a plus. The strap system is 2 pieces (think 2 straps coupled together, 1 attached to the holder and a 2nd as an extension), so I am led to believe it will adjust down to pretty small arms by removing the extension.
Observations for the LG V10. The proximity sensor thinks that the phone is in a pocket, so it shuts down the screen, so turning it on in the pouch may be hard or impossible (unless you can disable this feature, haven't discovered that yet). Once I start my exercise app I don't mess with it, so won't bother me, and that's more of a phone thing not this armband (my old smaller band does the exact same thing to the phone).
The headphone port lines up with the pass through (left side bottom), but get some bluetooth headphones for ease.
My only concern is the velcro, but that's always a concern, if it fails prematurely I'll come back and update, but until I have a reason, I won't deduct any points.
Now get out and run!