ARRAY(0xad6316a8)

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Lawson "Spike" RSS Feed (Nothern California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, not professional grade or even close, June 3, 2012
Overall this has been handy for extended trips, I've been using this off and on for about 8 months.
It does add to the bulk, if you install it out of order you can get a battery code, and the shutter button won't work w/o an exposed wire, but no points deducted since this was all known up front.
My deduction is due to this:
- the battery door vibrated and made noise (annoying in quiet shoots). Remedy, a thin piece of foam I cut to make a gasket.
- the plastic around the threads underneath is cracking. I trust it enough to use my hand strap which attaches there, but I'm unsure if I'd trust this right now to trust the plastic to support my camera + long lens on a tripod.

For the price I paid, it's been useful, but to risk it failing and dropping my camera, is something I won't be doing.

Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $8.47
3 used & new from $0.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never use the neck strap again, June 3, 2012
I've been using this for a solid 8 months now with my D5100. This is the best thing I've found, so much nicer than using the neck strap and wrapping 3 feet of strap around my hand. I have good size hands, and always compose my pictures with the viewfinder.
My tips for use:
- your 3 lower fingers through the strap grabbing the camera body. That leaves your 4th finger (pointer finger) outside the strap to fire the shutter.
- if you plan on an extended tripod session (i.e. the recent solar eclipse), I've found it better to remove this from my camera thread. I'm sure I could tighten this into the camera body enough to make it not move, but I'd rather not destroy the camera.
- I have a carabiner clipped to the shoulder strap of my bag, perfect way to clip my camera to my body up high while hiking or out and about.

I sometimes use a 2 battery grip as well, and while the plastic on the grip is showing signs of fatigue, this wrist grip are still strong as ever.

For the cost of this thing, it's a steal!

SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
Offered by A-ProStore
Price: $6.09
22 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I reeeeeeaally wanted this to work, but...., May 24, 2011
It's an extended battery for just a few bucks!!
I've had this battery for about 6 weeks, followed online recommendations for first few weeks of charge cycles (since zero paperwork came from the vendor), and have never seen any life longer then my 5 month old OEM battery.
I really wanted this to work, but even at twice the physical size and with a poorly fitting case, it failed to do it's job.
I repeat, I wanted this to work and am not angry that it's not great, it was an experiment for me, and it's a fraction of the price of the well known brands. The old adage "if it seems too good to be true...." rang true for me.

It's not that I can't dedicate some time to maintaining my phone, but I feel spending a chunk of every day tied to a charger to push the battery to it's max capacity is not the best use of my time, to each their own though.

This battery is retired from my use, I'll keep it in my desk for an emergency, but, I found it better and bought several OEM size replacements to cycle through as needed.

CHICHITEC Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1900 mAh Battery Slim Design Longer life than OEM+Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for EVO Shift 4G,Verizon Droid Incredible 2, Touch Pro2, myTouch Slide, Google DesireZ, G2 by CHICHITEC ONLY BEWARE KNOCKOFF

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra batteries, May 24, 2011
For 2 batteries and a charger, this is worth the price to me.
True, I don't care enough to peel the labels off of the batteries to see what is beneath, nor do I have an accurate method for testing the true mAh of them, but these are 2 similar to stock batteries for my HTC EVO4G that don't require a new battery door and case. By having 2 more batteries, I can carry extra charged batteries with me and not have to have a cord and charger with me. Very convenient for cross country flying as well.
I've had these for about a month, usually I have one in my wallet as well as the other and the charger in my pocket at work.
This charger is good, but as with many non OEM chargers, when plugged in to the phone, it affects the touch screen sensitivity, odd but many chargers have done this to my android phones over the years. That aside, I don't have to have it plugged in all the time which is a plus.

If you hate carrying your charge cable with you everywhere, I say this is worth a thought.

VideoSecu LED LCD TV Wall Mount for most 22"-47" LCD, LED & Plasma Televisions and some models up to 55" inches - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension and Post-installation Leveling System, for Monitor Flat Panel Screen, Bonus 10 ft HDMI cable and Magnetic Bubble Leveler WP5
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $28.59
7 used & new from $28.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical and effective, February 24, 2011
Considering major box stores sell wall mounts easily into the hundreds of dollars, I was nervous to buy one for under $30, but as soon as I opened it I felt confident that it would be solid.
I am involved in industrial welding, so I was quicly impressed with the material used and weld quality for a small TV mount, I have no doubt it could hold a larger TV then advertised.
This is an articulating mount, and the joints are all stiff, so if you want it to be loose, use the included spanner wrench and allen keys to loosen as needed. Once adjusted, I left as is so that it would not sag or shift, even when plugging in a wire or pushing buttons.
Every TV has a different cabinet and locations for the plugs on back, if that is of concern use the owners manual for your TV to buy a specific mount, but for the 28" Hannspree in my bedroom this worked perfectly.
The mounting plate is set up to handle 200x200 as well as 100x200, and numerous sets of mounting bolts are included for various sizes and lengths needed.
If you have tools and ability, this may take you 10-20 minutes even being a perfectionist.

I have zero complaints regarding this mount.

Level III Lv3 Molle Assault Pack Backpack--BLACK
Level III Lv3 Molle Assault Pack Backpack--BLACK
Offered by Camp One
Price: $35.91
9 used & new from $29.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller then expected, but tough as nails, February 22, 2011
**update after 14 months** This thing gets better the more I use it. Now have a 3L camelbak bladder I put in here, this bag has been on over 400 miles of bike rides (at least 15% of that completely off road), and goes with me on my half marathon runs. I have several bags, and this is my go to bag for exercise trips, photography missions, and this is my carry on always.
It will barely hold my 15" work laptop, although it's tight. Always have 3 or 4 carabiners hooked up and it holds everything I need for my day. I can't recommend this bag enough!**

(original review)
I was hoping to use this bag to replace my aging Jansport book bag for packing a bunch of clothes and electronics, and was surprised when I saw how small this bag was, but it is definitely a durable piece. (I won't take away a star for me not knowing how big it was). (for size reference, I am a large guy, and it is narrow enough that it fits between my shoulder blades, where as a standard book bag covers my shoulder blades)

As soon as I received this bag I opened up the pockets, loosened the straps, and let it breath for one night before stuffing it to the brim for a 3 day weekend in the snow. My biggest complaints are
A) it's a new bag and I kept losing small items since I wasn't sure which pocket I had put them in, and
B) it took a little while to loosen and adjust every thing to get it right.

Once adjusted though, you find that the material is thick and durable feeling, and was plenty water resistant in snow. The zippers are extremely heavy duty compared to a standard backpack, the strap system is great for snugging everything down tight and compressing the bag, you will be hard pressed to run out of attachment points as you gear up, and it doesn't look like every other back pack out there.

I look forward to the places I will take this bag and am confident it will survive it all.

iSimple IS335 Dash Mountable Auxiliary Input Adapter
iSimple IS335 Dash Mountable Auxiliary Input Adapter
Offered by DiscountsJungle
Price: $9.99
36 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little kit, but..., January 4, 2011
If you're looking for a piece like this, then you'll know what you want. This kit makes it easy to add a 3.5mm female plug to your stereo, either with RCA cables or 3.5, it comes with both, and plenty of wire for a remote location.
My advice, put some sealant or epoxy on the backside during install, the tightness of the (front) connection makes it feel like I'm going to pull the plug housing out of my dash when I remove the aux. wire.
The only thing I'm worried about, is that the 3.5 male to 3.5 male wire that came with the kit, had a bad connection inside it (when listening to my phone the first time, it was not in stereo), when I swapped for my thicker cable I already had, it was fine.

Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for HTC EVO 4G - Clear
Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for HTC EVO 4G - Clear
Offered by Newyorkcellphone
Price: $3.77
4 used & new from $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves Argyle, January 4, 2011
Along with other reviewers, I too picked up a rocketfish silicone case at Best Buy for double this price, couldn't put the phone in my pocket without getting stuck, couldn't turn it on or adjust the volume with one hand, it was horrible.
This Amzer case though, is thick enough to keep the camera lens off of a flat surface, it smooth enough to slip it into a jean pocket without it sticking, and is cut very cleanly. Each hole for the camera/LEDs/speaker/kickstand etc are symmetrical and clean, the power/volume buttons are easily pushed but not "too sensitive".
And yes, it is transparent.
Think of it as this. Frosted glass for a decorative window. It's not solid gray, or white, it's a clear case, with a pattern of frosted glass marks. It easily allows you to see the HTC logo and carrier logo, which is definitely fine with me.
I plan on picking up a different color as well down the road, and it will be of this brand/style.

RND Micro to USB Cable for HTC Smartphones (6 feet/black/Gold-Plated)
RND Micro to USB Cable for HTC Smartphones (6 feet/black/Gold-Plated)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sub standard quality, January 4, 2011
Besides having to push the micro USB plug into my brand new EVO4 harder then expected, it wouldn't charge via USB with this cable.
(well, technically it did, but it charged at about the same rate as the battery discharged, I documented it as charging approx 5% of the battery per hour, and that is not streaming video or even using the phone much)
Same phone and USB on my computer will charge the phone much faster with the OEM HTC cable, and my old Motorolla cable.

This was "filler" to make my order ship free, so it went in the garbage can instead of being returned. For amount of use my phone gets, I'll have to spend a few more dollars for a quality cable.

Magikal Journey [The Hits Collection]
Magikal Journey [The Hits Collection]

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits Collection, June 18, 2010
First, this is a remixed collection of past songs, it is a Hits Collection. So, if you expect all new music, this may not be great for you.
But, I am a fan of Tiesto, and it is nice to have a set of these songs with variations on mixes.
Also, I'm unsure of another reviewers comments, saying the tracks are short, I bought the digital downloads from Amazon, and it wouldn't fit on 2 standard discs, I'm listening to it right now, and the tracks on the album I bought do match Amazon's time counters on the playlist.
And for under $10, this is a good volume of music to have on hand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2010 1:15 PM PDT