Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for B. Lawson > Reviews

Browse

B. Lawson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Lawson "Spike" RSS Feed (Nothern California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Red Dog
Red Dog
DVD ~ Josh Lucas
Offered by Sparks DVD Sales
Price: $7.15
74 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Right in the feels, July 1, 2015
This review is from: Red Dog (DVD)
A fun movie that makes me an emotional wreck. Rented it in a red box years ago, then waited for a chance to buy it stateside.
I'm a dog lover, and happen to live with an aging Kelpie, so it hits close to home.
Granted I'm bias, but the story line & the characters, make it a fun movie, it's told in flashback story fashion, so a little narration happens, but is an easy watch that is a must for dog lovers, but has enough substance that it should be enjoyable for anyone.

Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium Sealed Platform Pedal, 9/16-Inch, Black
Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium Sealed Platform Pedal, 9/16-Inch, Black
Offered by hopezone
Price: $73.00
6 used & new from $35.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky traction, in a good way, July 1, 2015
Had to upgrade my cracked plastic pedal, these were quick to install and substantially better traction (even in chucks). I've learned, pedals are one of the areas they skimp on to reduce bike costs, so a worthwhile upgrade for sure.
Only warning, don't smack your knee into them, they leave scars....

Thermo-Tec 14002 1 1/2" X 15' Thermo-Shield Roll
Thermo-Tec 14002 1 1/2" X 15' Thermo-Shield Roll
Price: $16.61
40 used & new from $15.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, Form follows function, July 1, 2015
There's plenty of debate on whether or not it's beneficial to wrap intake piping with this, does it reflect enough heat or does it make heat be retained more than a naked pipe?
I'm sure it's a minor difference, and without extensive testing I wouldn't say this is a performance mod by any means, but this is more cosmetically pleasing than a black plastic pipe (turbo volvo S60's have an over the engine charge pipe leading from the turbo to the intercooler)
15' was enough for about 4' of wrapped pipe with some overlap and some curves.

Wireless Router, RAVPower Hard Drive Companion, Access Point, SD Card Reader, 6000mAh External Battery Pack - FileHub RP-WD03
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, July 1, 2015
Growing tired of various Android devices gaining and losing otg support, I was excited to try this, I enjoy minor editing & backing up of my dslr photos via a tablet.
Quick setup, plug in a fill size SD card, 2 Android phones and an android tablet browse and copy image files in batches, not the fastest when loading thumbnails the first time, but if I'm in that much of a rush I can turn on my laptop.
Also discovered that my connected Sony Blu-ray player has dlna and now we can play movies through that (have yet to do that though)
For a self powered wifi connected reader and hub, it's pretty fantastic, well worth the investment already and I'm sure I'll discover more uses soon.
P.S. The seller, sunvalleytec was quick to respond to questions and emailed me shortly after delivery to notify me of a firmware update, overall great customer service

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, not professional grade or even close, June 3, 2012
Overall this has been handy for extended trips, I've been using this off and on for about 8 months.
It does add to the bulk, if you install it out of order you can get a battery code, and the shutter button won't work w/o an exposed wire, but no points deducted since this was all known up front.
My deduction is due to this:
- the battery door vibrated and made noise (annoying in quiet shoots). Remedy, a thin piece of foam I cut to make a gasket.
- the plastic around the threads underneath is cracking. I trust it enough to use my hand strap which attaches there, but I'm unsure if I'd trust this right now to trust the plastic to support my camera + long lens on a tripod.

For the price I paid, it's been useful, but to risk it failing and dropping my camera, is something I won't be doing.

Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $7.95
5 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never use the neck strap again, June 3, 2012
I've been using this for a solid 8 months now with my D5100. This is the best thing I've found, so much nicer than using the neck strap and wrapping 3 feet of strap around my hand. I have good size hands, and always compose my pictures with the viewfinder.
My tips for use:
- your 3 lower fingers through the strap grabbing the camera body. That leaves your 4th finger (pointer finger) outside the strap to fire the shutter.
- if you plan on an extended tripod session (i.e. the recent solar eclipse), I've found it better to remove this from my camera thread. I'm sure I could tighten this into the camera body enough to make it not move, but I'd rather not destroy the camera.
- I have a carabiner clipped to the shoulder strap of my bag, perfect way to clip my camera to my body up high while hiking or out and about.

I sometimes use a 2 battery grip as well, and while the plastic on the grip is showing signs of fatigue, this wrist grip are still strong as ever.

For the cost of this thing, it's a steal!

SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
Offered by Cycling Pro
Price: $6.95
13 used & new from $2.25

2.0 out of 5 stars I reeeeeeaally wanted this to work, but...., May 24, 2011
It's an extended battery for just a few bucks!!
I've had this battery for about 6 weeks, followed online recommendations for first few weeks of charge cycles (since zero paperwork came from the vendor), and have never seen any life longer then my 5 month old OEM battery.
I really wanted this to work, but even at twice the physical size and with a poorly fitting case, it failed to do it's job.
I repeat, I wanted this to work and am not angry that it's not great, it was an experiment for me, and it's a fraction of the price of the well known brands. The old adage "if it seems too good to be true...." rang true for me.

It's not that I can't dedicate some time to maintaining my phone, but I feel spending a chunk of every day tied to a charger to push the battery to it's max capacity is not the best use of my time, to each their own though.

This battery is retired from my use, I'll keep it in my desk for an emergency, but, I found it better and bought several OEM size replacements to cycle through as needed.

CHICHITEC Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1900 mAh Battery Slim Design Longer life than OEM+Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for EVO Shift 4G,Verizon Droid Incredible 2, Touch Pro2, myTouch Slide, Google DesireZ, G2 by CHICHITEC ONLY BEWARE KNOCKOFF

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra batteries, May 24, 2011
For 2 batteries and a charger, this is worth the price to me.
True, I don't care enough to peel the labels off of the batteries to see what is beneath, nor do I have an accurate method for testing the true mAh of them, but these are 2 similar to stock batteries for my HTC EVO4G that don't require a new battery door and case. By having 2 more batteries, I can carry extra charged batteries with me and not have to have a cord and charger with me. Very convenient for cross country flying as well.
I've had these for about a month, usually I have one in my wallet as well as the other and the charger in my pocket at work.
This charger is good, but as with many non OEM chargers, when plugged in to the phone, it affects the touch screen sensitivity, odd but many chargers have done this to my android phones over the years. That aside, I don't have to have it plugged in all the time which is a plus.

If you hate carrying your charge cable with you everywhere, I say this is worth a thought.

VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical and effective, February 24, 2011
Considering major box stores sell wall mounts easily into the hundreds of dollars, I was nervous to buy one for under $30, but as soon as I opened it I felt confident that it would be solid.
I am involved in industrial welding, so I was quicly impressed with the material used and weld quality for a small TV mount, I have no doubt it could hold a larger TV then advertised.
This is an articulating mount, and the joints are all stiff, so if you want it to be loose, use the included spanner wrench and allen keys to loosen as needed. Once adjusted, I left as is so that it would not sag or shift, even when plugging in a wire or pushing buttons.
Every TV has a different cabinet and locations for the plugs on back, if that is of concern use the owners manual for your TV to buy a specific mount, but for the 28" Hannspree in my bedroom this worked perfectly.
The mounting plate is set up to handle 200x200 as well as 100x200, and numerous sets of mounting bolts are included for various sizes and lengths needed.
If you have tools and ability, this may take you 10-20 minutes even being a perfectionist.

I have zero complaints regarding this mount.

Level III Lv3 Molle Assault Pack Backpack--BLACK
Level III Lv3 Molle Assault Pack Backpack--BLACK
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $44.99
4 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller then expected, but tough as nails, February 22, 2011
**update after 14 months** This thing gets better the more I use it. Now have a 3L camelbak bladder I put in here, this bag has been on over 400 miles of bike rides (at least 15% of that completely off road), and goes with me on my half marathon runs. I have several bags, and this is my go to bag for exercise trips, photography missions, and this is my carry on always.
It will barely hold my 15" work laptop, although it's tight. Always have 3 or 4 carabiners hooked up and it holds everything I need for my day. I can't recommend this bag enough!**

(original review)
I was hoping to use this bag to replace my aging Jansport book bag for packing a bunch of clothes and electronics, and was surprised when I saw how small this bag was, but it is definitely a durable piece. (I won't take away a star for me not knowing how big it was). (for size reference, I am a large guy, and it is narrow enough that it fits between my shoulder blades, where as a standard book bag covers my shoulder blades)

As soon as I received this bag I opened up the pockets, loosened the straps, and let it breath for one night before stuffing it to the brim for a 3 day weekend in the snow. My biggest complaints are
A) it's a new bag and I kept losing small items since I wasn't sure which pocket I had put them in, and
B) it took a little while to loosen and adjust every thing to get it right.

Once adjusted though, you find that the material is thick and durable feeling, and was plenty water resistant in snow. The zippers are extremely heavy duty compared to a standard backpack, the strap system is great for snugging everything down tight and compressing the bag, you will be hard pressed to run out of attachment points as you gear up, and it doesn't look like every other back pack out there.

I look forward to the places I will take this bag and am confident it will survive it all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3