Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for B. Lawson > Reviews

Browse

B. Lawson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Lawson "Spike" RSS Feed (Midwest, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S4, Slate
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S4, Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect combination of durable and sleek, December 14, 2015
After 2 years, still looks great. Now if I could get one for my new phone...
The buttons all push with proper feel and feedback, case is durable but slips in your pocket properly (without bring slippery). Resilient, you can take it off daily with zero adverse effects, definitely my go to case for any device I own.

Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch
Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch
Price: $14.34
11 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job properly with no issues, December 14, 2015
Bought this for my other half, I had read some reviews and had my concerns, but I'm aware of this brand from prior purchases. The clock is still working 6+ months later, it hasn't fallen apart or slowed down. You can hear a faint ticking while your scope is laying over your neck, but not one sound through the ear pieces.

VG Zippered Hardcore Workout Armband for Motorola Droid Turbo / Apple iPhone 6 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ / LG V10 / LG G4 / LG G Stylo / HTC One M9, Green
Offered by Bestpricecenter (Ship from USA)
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars LG v10 yes, case dependent. Looks to be a great for the price, December 14, 2015
If you need to put a large phone in an arm band to exercise, this will work. I was interested in this since it actually zips shut and I'm in full swing marathon training through the winter.
New owner of a LG V10, and it fits inside, with a Spigen Rugged Armor case too (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176UXH7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00). Not while in the otterbox defender though, but that's kind of expected.
I bought the green, any extra visibility while running is a plus. The strap system is 2 pieces (think 2 straps coupled together, 1 attached to the holder and a 2nd as an extension), so I am led to believe it will adjust down to pretty small arms by removing the extension.
Observations for the LG V10. The proximity sensor thinks that the phone is in a pocket, so it shuts down the screen, so turning it on in the pouch may be hard or impossible (unless you can disable this feature, haven't discovered that yet). Once I start my exercise app I don't mess with it, so won't bother me, and that's more of a phone thing not this armband (my old smaller band does the exact same thing to the phone).
The headphone port lines up with the pass through (left side bottom), but get some bluetooth headphones for ease.
My only concern is the velcro, but that's always a concern, if it fails prematurely I'll come back and update, but until I have a reason, I won't deduct any points.
Now get out and run!

Red Dog
Red Dog
DVD ~ Josh Lucas
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $5.98
70 used & new from $0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Right in the feels, July 1, 2015
This review is from: Red Dog (DVD)
A fun movie that makes me an emotional wreck. Rented it in a red box years ago, then waited for a chance to buy it stateside.
I'm a dog lover, and happen to live with an aging Kelpie, so it hits close to home.
Granted I'm bias, but the story line & the characters, make it a fun movie, it's told in flashback story fashion, so a little narration happens, but is an easy watch that is a must for dog lovers, but has enough substance that it should be enjoyable for anyone.

Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium Sealed Platform Pedal, 9/16-Inch, Black
Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium Sealed Platform Pedal, 9/16-Inch, Black
Price: $37.50
11 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky traction, in a good way, July 1, 2015
Had to upgrade my cracked plastic pedal, these were quick to install and substantially better traction (even in chucks). I've learned, pedals are one of the areas they skimp on to reduce bike costs, so a worthwhile upgrade for sure.
Only warning, don't smack your knee into them, they leave scars....

Thermo-Tec 14002 1 1/2" X 15' Thermo-Shield Roll
Thermo-Tec 14002 1 1/2" X 15' Thermo-Shield Roll
Price: $21.02
50 used & new from $14.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, Form follows function, July 1, 2015
There's plenty of debate on whether or not it's beneficial to wrap intake piping with this, does it reflect enough heat or does it make heat be retained more than a naked pipe?
I'm sure it's a minor difference, and without extensive testing I wouldn't say this is a performance mod by any means, but this is more cosmetically pleasing than a black plastic pipe (turbo volvo S60's have an over the engine charge pipe leading from the turbo to the intercooler)
15' was enough for about 4' of wrapped pipe with some overlap and some curves.

RAVPower FileHub Plus, Versatile Wireless Travel Router, SD Card USB Reader Portable Hard Drive Companion, DLNA NAS Sharing Media Streamer 6000mAh External Battery Pack
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $65.99
4 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, July 1, 2015
Growing tired of various Android devices gaining and losing otg support, I was excited to try this, I enjoy minor editing & backing up of my dslr photos via a tablet.
Quick setup, plug in a fill size SD card, 2 Android phones and an android tablet browse and copy image files in batches, not the fastest when loading thumbnails the first time, but if I'm in that much of a rush I can turn on my laptop.
Also discovered that my connected Sony Blu-ray player has dlna and now we can play movies through that (have yet to do that though)
For a self powered wifi connected reader and hub, it's pretty fantastic, well worth the investment already and I'm sure I'll discover more uses soon.
P.S. The seller, sunvalleytec was quick to respond to questions and emailed me shortly after delivery to notify me of a firmware update, overall great customer service

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, not professional grade or even close, June 3, 2012
Overall this has been handy for extended trips, I've been using this off and on for about 8 months.
It does add to the bulk, if you install it out of order you can get a battery code, and the shutter button won't work w/o an exposed wire, but no points deducted since this was all known up front.
My deduction is due to this:
- the battery door vibrated and made noise (annoying in quiet shoots). Remedy, a thin piece of foam I cut to make a gasket.
- the plastic around the threads underneath is cracking. I trust it enough to use my hand strap which attaches there, but I'm unsure if I'd trust this right now to trust the plastic to support my camera + long lens on a tripod.

For the price I paid, it's been useful, but to risk it failing and dropping my camera, is something I won't be doing.

Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Opteka Professional Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras (Black)
Offered by 47th Street Photo.
Price: $7.95
30 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never use the neck strap again, June 3, 2012
I've been using this for a solid 8 months now with my D5100. This is the best thing I've found, so much nicer than using the neck strap and wrapping 3 feet of strap around my hand. I have good size hands, and always compose my pictures with the viewfinder.
My tips for use:
- your 3 lower fingers through the strap grabbing the camera body. That leaves your 4th finger (pointer finger) outside the strap to fire the shutter.
- if you plan on an extended tripod session (i.e. the recent solar eclipse), I've found it better to remove this from my camera thread. I'm sure I could tighten this into the camera body enough to make it not move, but I'd rather not destroy the camera.
- I have a carabiner clipped to the shoulder strap of my bag, perfect way to clip my camera to my body up high while hiking or out and about.

I sometimes use a 2 battery grip as well, and while the plastic on the grip is showing signs of fatigue, this wrist grip are still strong as ever.

For the cost of this thing, it's a steal!

SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
Offered by Hyperion E.A.
Price: $5.75
10 used & new from $0.95

2.0 out of 5 stars I reeeeeeaally wanted this to work, but...., May 24, 2011
It's an extended battery for just a few bucks!!
I've had this battery for about 6 weeks, followed online recommendations for first few weeks of charge cycles (since zero paperwork came from the vendor), and have never seen any life longer then my 5 month old OEM battery.
I really wanted this to work, but even at twice the physical size and with a poorly fitting case, it failed to do it's job.
I repeat, I wanted this to work and am not angry that it's not great, it was an experiment for me, and it's a fraction of the price of the well known brands. The old adage "if it seems too good to be true...." rang true for me.

It's not that I can't dedicate some time to maintaining my phone, but I feel spending a chunk of every day tied to a charger to push the battery to it's max capacity is not the best use of my time, to each their own though.

This battery is retired from my use, I'll keep it in my desk for an emergency, but, I found it better and bought several OEM size replacements to cycle through as needed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3