ARRAY(0xa0ebb0a8)

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lizzy D. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Karma Baby Organic Cotton Twill Baby Sling - Black - Size Medium
Karma Baby Organic Cotton Twill Baby Sling - Black - Size Medium
Offered by True Baby Love
Price: $64.99

1.0 out of 5 stars this carrier is not safe for newborns, despite their product description., April 5, 2014
This company is shady. Despite the fact that several newborns have died in sling style carriers similar to this one, the company uses models wearing their babies unsafely (too low to be kissable), and indicates their carriers are safe for newborns, which they are not. In addition, they do not provide any information about safe baby-wearing on their website. There are safer options. Use this with your newborn at the risk of their health and safety! Babywearing International reminds us: "A baby carrier should mimic how you would hold a baby in your arms. A normal in-arms holding position is fairly snug to your chest and somewhat close to your face ("Close Enough to Kiss"). Babywearing advocates have been teaching about the importance of correct newborn positioning for years and warning against the use of slings that do not allow for safe wearing positions."

I have loved wearing my kids, and have enjoyed a wide variety of carriers to do so. Slings like this one are not good for little babies! There are lots and lots of great options for newborns.... do your research! Take care.

Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx
Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx

3.0 out of 5 stars feels safe but harness issues detract from usability...., March 5, 2014
the purpose of a child safety seat is the safety of the child, and in that way, this seat seems to live up to the britax reputation. i have no safety concerns (except the strap issue discussed below).

comfort is a concern of any parent. my son has been in this seat since he was around six months old. while the seat is bulky, he seemed comfortable in it then, and still does at 13 months of age for the most part. my son is big/tall for his age, but no where near the requirements for this seat, but at this point, it it looking like this seat will be less and less comfortable as time goes by. his legs are a bit squished already though this does not seem to bother him.

the harness straps installed when we purchased the seat quickly became far too short/ tight, and we had to contact britax to get longer replacements. it is frustrating to pay hundreds of dollars for a car seat only to have to trouble shoot in this way. there is no indication in any of their marketing materials that new straps will be needed, so bear this in mind if you choose to purchase this seat. this led to difficulties in appropriately harnessing him in as he outgrew the previous harnesses, before the new ones arrive. if my child can't be strapped in correctly, the seat is not keeping him safe.

in addition, the straps on this seat do tend to twist, and because of how bulky it is and what a tight squeeze my toddler has in it, it is difficult to pull the straps out and untwist them to strap him in appropriately. however, the straps (once they are the correct length) are easy and simple to adjust to the appropriate length, and easy to raise and lower. the fabric is also exceptionally durable and has kept up quite nicely.

this final note has nothing to do with britax per se, but we are likely going to have to replace this seat this summer even though my son will not have outgrown it, as we are expecting number three, and this seat is far too wide to fit along with another rear facing seat and a booster seat (regardless of how slim the other seats are) in one four door car. if you have a smallish car and two children, take care about this as your family grows. we are probably going to be replacing the britax advocate with the diono radian rxt.

and do not expect this seat to last until your child hits the weight requirement, btw-- the weight requirements, to me, seem kind of a joke. my children aren't skinny minnies by any means, but the height requirement has ALWAYS been the ones that has been of concern, every single time. it is HIGHLY unlikely your child will be too heavy for this seat (over 70 pounds) before they were too tall. and anyway, if a 70 pound child fit in this seat, i'd eat my hat.

Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer
Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer
Offered by Galactic Deals, LLC
Price: $56.99
12 used & new from $49.97

3.0 out of 5 stars meh-- there are better exersaucer/bouncer style toys out there..., February 24, 2014
i had a similar exersaucer for my first son, who is seven years old, so with my newest arrival, i decided to purchase a new one... unfortunately, the quality of this exersaucer is less than the quality of the one we previously owned.

positive points:

some of the toys did seem to keep my little boy entertained, between when he was five months old to when he was eleven months old or so.

the seat is generally well supported and sufficiently comfortable

the price was less than some of the other similar baby items...

negative points:

it's a pain to assemble correctly, and in assembly, it seems clear that it is not as sturdy as a parent might hope...

the parent has to make sure the legs are rotated appropriately. they can shift as the child plays, and can collapse if they are not appropriately turned. this is not a task anyone but me did regularly, and subsequently, the springs fell out a few times. no injuries, but a totally unnecessary issue.

unlike the previous model, this can not collapse for easy storage.

this toy is LOUD. when my son bounced, you could hear him bouncing around our home.

the snack tray is pointless. who is going to give their child a snack when they are playing in a bouncy toy?

this toy takes up more room than other options, if space is a concern...

overall perspective---

this isn't a dumb purchase, but it isn't the best option available in my opinion. i'm thinking of selling mine or giving it away and purchasing a different style bouncer for our little girl due this summer....

Ask Me About My Llama T Shirt Funny Llama Flip Shirt Llamas Tee
Ask Me About My Llama T Shirt Funny Llama Flip Shirt Llamas Tee
Offered by Crazy Dog Tshirts
Price: $18.99 - $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars the perfect gift for the uncle who has everything---, February 24, 2014
my uncle and his wife don't have kids but they do have retirement money, so they don't have a ton of needs or, really, a ton of wants. if they need it or really want it, they can generally buy it themselves...

that's why this is a perfect gift. he didn't KNOW he needed a llama shirt, but i figured he'd get a kick out of it so my husband and i bought it for him for christmas. he said it fits well, feels good, and he sent me a hilarious picture of him and my aunt, with the shirt pulled over his head showing off his llama.

i doubt the shirt will last forever (it's not extravagant quality...), but it certainly gave them, and us, a smile!

BABYBJORN Soft Bib, Yellow
BABYBJORN Soft Bib, Yellow
Price: $11.79
9 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars where has this been all my life?, February 24, 2014
i have to admit it... previously, i kinda figured these were a waste of money. i mean, ten bucks on one bib?

i took the plunge to buy one when i had a promotional credit, and i'm so glad i did. my one year old self-feeds now, and i give him bits of all sorts of food. about half the foods i give him end up in his mouth. the other half previously ended up all over his shirt or in his high chair.... now they end up in that sweet little pocket at the bottom of his bib. this is an outfit saver, and is much more convenient to clean than his shirt, onesie, and his seat...

the fit is great- it is easy for me to get it on and off and it fits him very well, but he can't get it off, which is also a plus. he tried at first, but gave up quickly and now does not seem to mind having it on at all.

my one complaint is that the length ends up hitting him right where his high chair tray is. this is not a huge issue since the high chair isn't great and doesn't come close enough to his belly anyway, but it is something to think about depending on your child/high chair fit....

for us, it's perfect-- i gave my son hummus on crackers the other day, and the hummus got all over his face and the crackers were all over and in the bib, but his shirt was spotless. as a parent of a crazy twelve month old toddler, life doesn't get much better than that!

Masione Baby Sling Carrier Cradle Pouch Wrap Bag with Padded Adjustable Buckle (Blue- ocean)
Offered by aitaocity
Price: $23.99

1.0 out of 5 stars i can't believe amazon even sells this style of sling---, February 14, 2014
babies have died in this sort of sling.

a quick google search of bag style baby slings will illustrate the incredible danger of this style of baby carrier. it reduces the baby's oxygen levels via the risky "c" shape the baby is forced into in this sort of sling, and his/her chin may be pushed into his/her chest, which makes it hard for a baby to breathe. in addition, the risk of "re-breathing" carbon monoxide is tremendous. even if the baby "seems fine" it is possible that his/her oxygen levels are less than optimal. this breaks all rules of safe baby wearing-- baby should be close enough to kiss and his or her face should be visible. his or her chin should not be against his/her chest. do your research and don't risk your baby's safety! babies have died in this type of carrier---

SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop
SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop
Price: $24.99
27 used & new from $20.51

5.0 out of 5 stars the fun continues!, February 3, 2014
my only complaint about this toy is i have had to hide so many basketballs because my little boy plays when i've told him to do something else (clean his room, for example.). this is a toy that continues to interest him and bring him joy months after it was initially purchased. this doesn't often happen for my son. it is attractive and durable, an excellent choice :-). it's also a fun game to play with him for his dad or me!

TIME for Kids BIG Book of Why: 1,001 Facts Kids Want to Know
TIME for Kids BIG Book of Why: 1,001 Facts Kids Want to Know
by John Perritano
Price: $11.27
78 used & new from $5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sick of hearing about information from this book!, February 3, 2014
My seven year old has really enjoyed reading this book. The articles are a perfect length for whenever he just has a few minutes to read, and it gives him **interesting** things to share with others. The pictures, too, are high quality and enhance the articles. He has learned quite a bit and advanced his reading skills through this high interest book.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially fun toy.... But it fell apart VERY quickly..., February 3, 2014
This is a cute puzzle toy, but it doesn't seem to be for children. My son dropped it and many of the pieces fell off.... While I snapped them back in, it struck me that this toy just is not durable. This may, however, be more enjoyable for an adolescent who is able to play with it more delicately.

New Balance Men's M1290 Running Shoe,Silver/Red,11 D US
New Balance Men's M1290 Running Shoe,Silver/Red,11 D US
Price: $69.99
4 used & new from $67.84

2.0 out of 5 stars These are pinker than orange---, February 3, 2014
My mom purchased these for my husband for Christmas. They are quite a bit less attractive than they initially appear in the picture on the screen. The color is a pinkish orange with a dirty looking gray. I can't comment on fit because they are so unattractive he hasn't worn them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4