Profile for alittleperspective > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

alittleperspective RSS Feed

Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360
Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360
Offered by Lotsa Electronics
Price: $8.02
124 used & new from $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good game, November 8, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good game, but it takes a while to get into.
The first 20 minutes is spent steering the horse around obstacles, which is pretty boring, let's be honest.
But once you start learning how to cast different spells and begin fighting off Hobbes and Balverines it's a pretty fun game.
This isn't like the other fable games because it lacks the free roaming, which is an iconic feature that users have come to expect from fable games. So, as a fable game, it does not live up to the standard of the preceding games. In all fairness though, these games set the bar pretty high, and 'Fable: The Journey' is just a different way of gaming. They say that change freaks us out and I think that the response to this game gives credibility to this notion. But, if you were to compare Fable: The Journey to other kinect games, it becomes more obvious that this game is actually a decent one (it's definitely the best kinect game that I own). If you want a kinect version of fable II or III then I would not recommend buying this game. But if you have an open-mind and are prepared to experience the fable world from a different (more interactive) perspective, then I would give it a go.

It's not as comprehensive as the other fable games, and I think the bad ratings are more so from disappointed expectations then the game actually being poor. I tried to look at this game objectively, rather than expecting it to mimic the previous games, and I must say that I was satisfied with the outcome. I am positive that anyone else capable of doing this will be enjoy this game as much as I have.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 7:54 PM PST