Profile for William E. Liberatore > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 658

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William E. Liberatore RSS Feed (Bridgeport, Ohio USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
THINKWARE X300 Full HD Dashboard Camera with 3.5" LCD Touchscreen Viewfinder & Dual Save Technology
Price: $279.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty impressive camera., July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, this camera actually provided a remarkably clear and wide view from the dashboard of my car. I really wasn't expecting it to be very good, but it was bright and clear. The audio wasn't bad either. On the whole it is pretty impressive from a recording standpoint.

There are a few things I don't like. For one, the camera itself is designed to be stuck to your windshield by means of two sided tape. It is then suggested that you use the wire clips to route the power line across the top of your windshield, down the side, over your steering wheel and over to the power port in the center of your console. These wire clips also attach by means of two sided tape. I'm just not partial to taping anything to my windshield. In the event that I choose to remove it I can't be certain that all the glue would come off. Also, I'd be nervous that on a hot day the glue would loosen up and the whole thing might just fall off.

Second, it uses a micro sd card. It comes with a 16 gig card. When I say "micro", that is no exaggeration. the whole thing is not much bigger than the top of a pencil eraser and probably not as thick as a credit card. This wouldn't be a problem if you weren't required to maneuver this thing in order to upload the movies. It comes with a usb reader and a normal sized sd adapter, but you still have to get this tiny thing out of the camera, into an adapter and back into the camera.

My last complaint is that the bracket that the camera hangs from can swivel up and down, but not right to left. In the event that someone were standing at your driver's side window that you might like to have on film, you won't be able to see them. You'd still hear them just fine, but you would have no visual, especially if they came to your window from behind the car.

So why 4 stars? Well, the whole two sided tape thing is my opinion. Others might not be bothered at all by that. The same goes with the micro sd card. I don't like working with something that small, but it may not bother others. The inability to swivel left and right I do feel is a genuine flaw. Overall, the quality of the film goes a long way so I gave it four stars.

If you buy it I hope you are happy with the purchase and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Canon Luster Photo Paper, 13" x 19" (50 Sheets) (LU-101 13X1950)
Canon Luster Photo Paper, 13" x 19" (50 Sheets) (LU-101 13X1950)
Price: $40.96
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great paper!, July 28, 2014
I have never really been thrilled with the high gloss paper typically used in home printers. I always felt that a luster finish looks more professional. This canon paper is excellent. If you buy it make sure that your printer can handle 13 x 19, most can't. I'm using it with an Epson printer and the results are great. If you buy it I hope you are as happy as I am with it and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

The Long Gray Line: The American Journey of West Point's Class of 1966
The Long Gray Line: The American Journey of West Point's Class of 1966
by Rick Atkinson
Price: $27.79
33 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, July 28, 2014
This is an excellent book about West Point and more specifically the West Point class of 1966. It goes into detail about the lives (and in some cases deaths) of a great many of the graduates and their time in Vietnam and for those who made it their lives afterward. It's a great look inside an institution that very few civilians ever see. If you buy it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Projet Photo Luster Supreme Inkjet Paper, 10.5 Mil, 5x7", 50 Sheet Pack
Projet Photo Luster Supreme Inkjet Paper, 10.5 Mil, 5x7", 50 Sheet Pack
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great paper!, July 28, 2014
I've always liked a luster finish better than the super gloss that you see the most for home printers. I think that this paper looks much more like a professional print than the typical gloss papers. I am using it with an Epson printer and honestly I don't think that I could pick out the difference with a naked eye between this and a professional print. The paper may be a tiny bit thinner than pro photo paper, but if you put it in a frame you'd never know that either. If you buy it I hope you are as happy with it as I am and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Buck Knives 0302RWS Solitaire, Rosewood
Buck Knives 0302RWS Solitaire, Rosewood
Price: $26.99
38 used & new from $25.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice knife!, July 28, 2014
I've never had an issue with quality with Buck knives and this knife is no exception. The rosewood handle is beautiful. It has a solid, though not heavy, feel to it and it came sharp enough to shave. It is a great size for a pocket knife, not too big and not too small. The price was excellent as well. If you buy one I hope you are as happy as I am with it and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Jean Baptiste TP483S Silver Plated Trumpet
Jean Baptiste TP483S Silver Plated Trumpet
Price: $349.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Instrument, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a beautiful instrument. The sound is great and it plays nicely. It comes with a soft case and my stepson appreciates the lower weight to lug around back and forth to band practice. If you buy I hope you are as happy with it as he is and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Ziploc All Purpose Half Gallon Marinade Bags 24 ct (Pack Of 3)
Ziploc All Purpose Half Gallon Marinade Bags 24 ct (Pack Of 3)
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bags with a great seal, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honestly, I had no doubts with ziploc and they didn't disappoint. This is a very high quality, high capacity bag. It seals well to prevent leaks and does the job that it is intended to do. The pleats allow an even bigger capacity than you probably anticipated. If you buy them I have no doubt that they will work as well for you. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Bissell 1422 The Anna Upright Cordless/Hybrid Vacuum, $499
Bissell 1422 The Anna Upright Cordless/Hybrid Vacuum, $499

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cordless upright vacuum., July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This vacuum sucks! Seriously! And in this case that is a good thing. This is my first cordless vacuum and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it has some serious power. It is also my first bagless and I am liking that as well. I'm giving it five stars because it does its job and does it very well in my opinion, but there are a couple of things I noticed that I feel I need to mention.

First up the telescoping handle: This is a nice touch for storage. With the handle in the whole thing sits just a bit over two feet high. There is a button you pull to release the handle to pull it out and pull again to push it back in. This might be particular to my model but you have to push awfully hard to get the handle to go back in. Hard enough that I was worried about breaking it. It may get easier with use and it's certainly not a deal breaker, but I did want to mention it.

The vacuum unit itself detaches from the base for easier access to stairs and such. Even detached, it is fairly heavy. I didn't mind it too much, but I certainly wouldn't want to have to hold it up for any length of time. Once again, not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of if you are considering this model for stairs or anything that would require you to vacuum up high.

Also, be sure that when you store it that you move the switch under the charging port to "storage". If you leave it in "standby" mode it is off, but evidently it is still draining power and you lose your charge relatively quickly.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. If you purchase it I hope that you like it as well and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

STANLEY STMT73795 Mixed Tool Set, 210-Piece
STANLEY STMT73795 Mixed Tool Set, 210-Piece
Price: $129.00
2 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tool set., July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice tool set. You aren't going to put a new engine in your car or change the battery in your iPhone with it, but most normal household jobs and then some would be covered. It includes a fairly big collection of sockets (metric and english), some normal wrenches, allen head, flat head and phillips screwdrivers, a utility knife, and pliers. There isn't a hammer, but that isn't a big deal to me, I tend to use hammers more out of frustration than necessity anyway. I've never had any issue with Stanley tools and don't expect to with this set. If anything comes up I will revisit this review. If you buy I hope you are as satisfied as I am and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Garmin Forerunner 620 - Black/Blue Bundle
Garmin Forerunner 620 - Black/Blue Bundle
Price: $449.99
37 used & new from $380.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive., July 25, 2014
I bought this watch as an upgrade to the Garmin 310xt that I had used for almost 2 years. I had a very difficult time pulling the trigger on this purchase because I really was not impressed with the 310xt. It had serious connectivity issues which made using it rather annoying. I read some reviews on the 620 and it seemed like it may have been the same. In my case, it is so far so good.

The 620 can use the power cord as a connection to upload your data. It can also use your wireless network and I believe it can use wifi and connect via your smartphone, though I haven't tried through the smartphone yet. It may be that they have fixed some of the issues that people had when they initially released this watch, but so far (knocking on wood!) I've had no issues at all. After a run I usually come in through my basement, clean all my equipment and then head upstairs where the computer/router are located. More often than not, the data is uploaded before I get upstairs. When it isn't, all I've had to do was press the connect button on my watch and it goes to work.

I received the watch a day before a race. My first run with the watch was 2 miles easy just as a warmup for the race the next day. In that first run, using my age, height, weight and the heart rate and pace that I was running the watch extrapolated my VO2max and gave me prediction times for 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon. After that first run it predicted a 20:19 for me for 5k. I had run a 5k about two weeks previous with a finishing time of 20:22. It had me at 1:34:30 for half marathon, I ran a half marathon about a month earlier in 1:37:30, but I went out way too fast and lost about 3 minutes in the last two miles. (I guess the watch can't factor in stupidity!!) I was pretty impressed with this aspect of the watch. In the month or so since I got it my VO2max has gone up about 4 points and now the predictions are probably a bit out of my range for right now, but to me it's very interesting to see.

This watch also measures cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time by means of a sensor in the heart rate monitor. (You do have to have the sensor that is black with a white stick figure runner on it. My 310 has the old sensor that is just solid black and it doesn't measure these things.) Cadence is essentially how many steps you are taking, vertical oscillation is how high you are bouncing and ground contact time is how long your feet are on the ground while you are running. I categorize these in the "interesting to see, but don't get too hung up on them" area as well. Garmin connect evaluates you in these areas and in my case, for instance, you would think that cadence is my "problem" area. However, it even states that taller runners often have lower cadences. I average between 150 and 160 strides per minute typically which is "average". It's something to think about, but I'm not going to start chop stepping just to raise that number. I have looked at my faster runs and those do tend to be my higher cadences, but not by a great amount. It seems that in my case I tend to lengthen my stride more than speed it up. You also get an average stride length on Garmin connect.

The 620 measures distance and heart rate just like the previous 310xt (and most of their other models as well). I'd say in those cases it works about the same. I was curious as to whether a 5 mile run on my 310xt was going to be 4.9 or 5.1 on the 620 and for the most part it hasn't been. There is always a little bit of variation, but nothing major. As an example, I have an 8 mile run that I do fairly frequently that is out and back. I run out 4 miles and come right back to the place I started on the same road. I always turn around at the same place regardless of what the watch says. Usually it clicks 4 miles in a stretch of give or take 20 or 30 yards. Sometimes a little short, sometimes a little long and it works the same way at the finish. I usually run until it clicks 8 miles and that varies by give or take 20 or 30 yards. I've never hit 8 miles a half mile short or gotten to where I started and had the watch show 7.5... How accurate is it?? Would I bet my life on it being down to the yard? Not a chance, but I'd say it is every bit as accurate as driving the course in my car and way more accurate than my old "guesstimations".

I still have some issues with garmin connect. It gives you mile splits, but doesn't give you cumulative times. Meaning, if you do a 4 mile run it might say you went 1 mile 8:20, 2nd mile 8:30, 3rd mile 8:30 and 4th mile 8:20 and give you a total time of 33:40, however it won't tell you that you hit 2 miles at 16:50, and 3 miles at 25:20. Why not? After years of running, I can add that stuff up in my head, but why should I have to? Also, it tracks your PR's. (Personal Records) However, it only allows PR's for 1k, 1 mile, 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon. First of all I like to keep track of everything. I have 2 or 3 different 5 mile courses that I run frequently and I not only like to keep track of my best 5 mile time, I'd like to be able to keep track of my best 5 mile on each course! There are also other distances for racing. I ran a 5 mile race this year and it should have been a PR... but garmin doesn't allow it. I also recently ran a mile PR on the track. However, the watch only registered 0.95 miles for my 4 laps. (1600 meters is actually about 6 meters short of a mile, but running around in circles is not optimal for the GPS in the watch.) That was too far off and I wasn't given the record. I can "force" it, but I'd like for them to consider allowing me to determine what is a PR and what isn't including distances.

On the whole, the 620 is for me right now the watch I thought the 310xt should have been, but never really was. I criticized Garmin a fair amount in this review, but I promise you I do believe that they are moving in the right direction even if they haven't gotten to where I'd like them to be now. I am very happy with the 620 at this point in time. As time progresses I will revisit this review and update it. If you buy the 620 I hope it works as well for you as it has for me and thanks for taking the time to read my review!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20