Profile for Thomas Lemke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Lemke RSS Feed

Sengoku Heat Mate Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater 10,600 BTU , Beige #HMHR-1101

5.0 out of 5 stars Shopping for a HeatMate HMHR-1101?, January 29, 2012
Bought my HMHR-1101 at "Park Ace Hardware" in Tinley Park Illinois just days before the snow-maggedon of 2011. I do add a 1/4 ounce of Cinnamon scented Kero-Klean when I fill up at the local speedway (formerly gas city) presently 4.29 per gallon of un-dyed K-1. This is a very clean burning unit. I'm actually proud to report as of 06:30 this morning my HMHR-1101 provided a full 18 hours of burn time; that's 50% more efficient than advertised. It puts off enough heat to keep my 40 year old furnace from staying on 24/7. My wife who has a very sensitive nose has absolutely no complaint, I could not have the 1101 if it were a nasty fumigator which it is not. She even likes the idea of getting another one so we both get to be objects of soothing and warm radiated heat! I'm giving it a full five stars because I do believe the Heat Mate HMHR-1101 exceeds in the efficiency it promises.

BODUM KONA COFFEE MAKER
BODUM KONA COFFEE MAKER

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum, November 22, 2008
This review is from: BODUM KONA COFFEE MAKER
The Bodum Kona fits the demand for a simple non electric manual dripper. Its capacity ( 32 ounces) is large enough to fill my thermos for a day at work. The Swiss really are a perfect society providing the world with quality tools that perform as expected. To buy a Bodum Kona Coffee Maker is to vote for a Free World with elegant and useful products.

Midland XT511 GMRS Two-Way Emergency Crank Radio
Midland XT511 GMRS Two-Way Emergency Crank Radio
2 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Midland has a good idea, February 2, 2008
I just got my Midland XT511 today; This unit pulls in wx signals with clearer and louder reception than my Cobra WXST and my Cobra Microtalk. It also pulls in am and fm frequencies with more clarity and loudness than my Grundig FR200. I also sent out on my familys' GMRS channel a call and in moments got two reports back from my brother who lives about 1/4 mile distance and my father who lives about 1/3 mile distance. Its not actually printed on the box or owners manual that the XT511 transmits at 5 watts output while on Hi, but I will assure you with confidence that 1/3 mile distance with loudness and clarity through homes packed with all sorts of electrical appliances is impressive enough to suggest the full 5 watt output is being emitted from the XT511. Another point of interest that perhaps sets the Basecamp as more of a Basestation above all of the walkies; I've yet to hear the annoying chirp that barks from my Cobras, I believe the autosquelch featured in the XT511 is some nice noise filtering that really keeps the barks and belches from stealing the peace, better squelch than my Audiovox GMRS-2000. On a critical note, I suggest that Midland should enhance thier AVP-7 battery pack and upgrade the 700-mah to something offering longer standby and transmit capability, perhaps 2500-mah or 2900-mah. This surely isnt a 300mw transmit like the radio shack walkies from yester-year and the solid state circuitry offers some loud audio thats going to suck down that old-tech 700mah pack quicker than the avp-7 was designed for. On a side note, the 4AA alkaline slots are a nice home for some 2500-mah energizers that I have charging(seperatly from the unit) as I write; perhaps Midland will make a slight engineering adustment and let you crank-charge the alkaline slots as though it were apart of the nimh system. Nevetheless, the Midland XT511 offers consolidated and refined features; someone or some commitee at Midland must be very happy and proud to be able to brainstorm something into existence that integrates this much form and function into a marketable product. I love my XT511, Thanks Midland.