ARRAY(0x9f7b17f8)

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Maselli "VeganMama" RSS Feed (NY)

Greenshield Organic USDA Certified Organic Glass Cleaner, 32-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Greenshield Organic USDA Certified Organic Glass Cleaner, 32-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.14
6 used & new from $16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans great!, April 8, 2014
I bought Method's glass cleaner which left tons of streaks but the GreenShield Magnolia and poppy cleaner smells good and cleans great. Definitely recommend.

You Have to Stop This (The Secret Series)
You Have to Stop This (The Secret Series)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!, March 24, 2014
You have to stop this is a great book I reckamend reading the orher books in the series. This amazing advencher tells how cass learnd the secrent and that its a. OOPS I shoudnt give away the ending but this book is great!!!!

Terror in Tights (Melvin Beederman, Superhero)
Terror in Tights (Melvin Beederman, Superhero)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $5.42

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, September 26, 2013
I read the whole series! It was outstanding! I loved it! its a great book to read.You should see the whole series its great!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
115 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle vs Nook - depends on what you're looking for..., January 8, 2011
I got the Kindle for Christmas. Ironically, I bought the Nook for someone else for Christmas so I'm familiar with both products. I love the look and feel of the Kindle. It's great for reading books. I kept it because my husband's friends have Kindle and love it as well. I say, it depends on what type of reading you're doing. I bought a few cookbooks usuing my Kindle and they are virtually impossible to use. The format isn't condusive to cookbooks, searching is a pain. Trying to find a page number- for example - a page of the cookbook could say see page 79 for instructions - but you can't go to page 79 on the kindle because it might be page 1,200 on the Kindle. Also you may not be able to see the entire recipe on one page - but on 4 instead. It also isn't good for children's books which would be nice when I'm travelling with the kids instead of lugging all of their books with me in addition to my Kindle and my magazines aren't offered on the Kindle and they are offered on the Nook. Also, the proprietery format prevents me from taking books out via my library whereas I could've done that on the Nook as well.
I downloaded the PC app, hoping that there would be some additional views or easier search functionality for cookbooks but had no such luck.
As for the look of the Kindle, it is definitely easier on the eyes than the Nook. I love the look and feel of real books so I was skeptical how I'd like this but I do feel like I'm reading a regular book when I'm using it. I like that I can highlight and bookmark sections of text and pull it up very easily. It easily fits in my purse and sonce I have the 3G+WiFi version I love that I don't have to pay anything additional to go online to make purchases. I didn't think I'd need it but I have used it several times. There are some word games I have downloaded to play with the kids while waiting on dr's or in restaurants and that has been useful.
Overall, the Nook provides alot more functionality in terms of types of material you can view and subscribe to but the Kindle looks and feels more like a real book and is a little bit easier to navigate within a book itself.
My wish would be for Kindle to improve its ability to handle magazines, have an affordable color version [Nook's is only $249], and open its technology so that users can get library books on it.
I'm moderately happy with it since it is good for books and as a result of having it, I've been able to read more than in the past but I'm missing the other functionality that just isn't there.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2011 11:21 AM PST

The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
by Alicia Silverstone
Price: $17.39
246 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read but the recipes need a lot of help, January 16, 2010
I enjoyed reading The Kind Diet. It was an easy read. I enjoyed the author's descriptions of the vegan diet, the process by which one becomes vegan, and the various meal plans depending on which stage you're in. I've been Vegan for 3 months now so it was a great Christmas gift for me. Since buying the book I've tried numerous recipes and unfortunately most of them have disappointed me. The Daikon Rounds were ridiculously sweet, and the water measurement was way off. The Radicchio pizza was extremely bitter. Instead, it needed a little radicchio and a lot of something else. The porridge recipe, again the ratio of water to rice is way off. After cooking it exactly as directed there was still a lot of water left in the pot. I did however lower the ratio and the dish came out nicely. I've found most of the recipes have extreme flavors- very very sweet, very sour, or very bitter. It's been harsh on the palate. There are some winners though. My kids like the Crocodile Crunch and the Mochi Waffles. The cheesecake tasted like a lump of soy. I'm wondering if the author tasted all of these recipes before she decided to put them in her book. They all looked delicious. Very disappointing. I've made other recipes from Veganomicon and The Conscious Cook and so far I've loved every one of them.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 7:47 PM PST