Profile for Raymond Perry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond Perry RSS Feed (New Orleans, LA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad
Price: Click here to see our price
170 used & new from $15.93

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Logitech devices and own several, October 1, 2014
I love Logitech devices and own several. This is up to the usual high Logitech quality, but I cannot give it 5 stars. Unfortunately, it has a design quirk that is a pet peeve of mine. The right Shift key is undersized and positioned too far to the right. That may not sound like a big deal, but to a touch typist it is. I have had 2-3 keyboards with this same design quirk. I wind up hitting the Up cursor key instead of the shift key most of the time. This means that I may have moved the cursor to the line above and inserted several words before I realize it. Hunt and peck typists will probably love this keyboard, but I suspect it will frustrate those who type by touch.

Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman Cordless/Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman Cordless/Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Price: $14.99
27 used & new from $11.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed second-time owner, July 20, 2014
It works, but not as well as the older model. I bought this to replace the same trimmer that died after years of faithful service. The new model is nowhere near as good. The edge of the blade seems rough and is very uncomfortable to use; the old one was much smoother more comfortable to use. In addition, the old one cut MUCH better than the new model. I will probably be buying something else soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 1:44 PM PDT

Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Nexus 4 5 7 10 Galaxy Nexus & Samsung Galaxy S 3 III 4 IV 5 V.
Offered by hotsaleglobal
Price: $1.81
42 used & new from $1.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work but not with the devices I really cared about, February 9, 2014
This is a preliminary review. I have ordered special cables that might allow charging additional devices. If results improve I will update.
I have tried this with 4 devices and will give a brief description of results. I have a power adapter with several specific outputs - 2 iPad, 1 iPhone, 1 Samsung tablet, 1 Samsung phone, 1 generic USB. I tried each port with each device.
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Did not charge device. I could not get the V8P to recognize a portable USB drive with power supplied to the micro USB female port. I will not be able to test this tab further because I have returned it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Did not charge. Left it attached to be sure, and device lost charge. With power supplied via the micro USB female, the device would not recognize a portable HDD. The device did recognize the same portable HDD attached to a different powered OTG adapter, Zek Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SD Card Reader, USB Adapter HUB, and OTG Adapter.
Samsung Galaxy Mega - Did not charge. Actually forced phone to power off. I was afraid to try anything else.
Archos 5 Internet Tablet - DID CHARGE DEVICE. I did not even try to attach a storage device because I am not sure if this relatively old device has OTG capability. But it does document that the female micro USB port does charge some devices.

1 Padded Ear Hook Compatable With: Hx1 Motorola Endeavor, Jabra Extreme / 8040 / 4010/ 2050/ Nokia N95 / Bh320 Samsung Wep 450 / 460 / 470 / 475 / 170 / 200 / 250 / 350 / 500 / Nokia Bh-804 Headset, Bh902, Bh 800, Bh 105, Bh 216, Bh 104, Sound Id 400, Sound Id, 500, 501, 510, 512 Made in USA GadgetBrat®
Offered by Black Sea International LLP
Price: $7.93
2 used & new from $2.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Alas, all good things come to an end, February 6, 2014
Actually, I was very happy with this ear hook. I used it on a Samsung WEP870 for a month shy of 2 years before the "unbreakable" broke. When it broke I bought this type instead "3 Samsung Bhm 3500 Wep 480 490 650 750 850 870 Heavy Duty Ear Hooks "Will-not-break"" I was not crazy about the bulky padding on this one. The replacements are more minimalist. FYI, these also fit on a new Plantronics M25.

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZ)
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZ)
Price: $15.65
69 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flash drives with one irritating shortcoming, January 23, 2014
Let me say that I have these in ever size 8, 16, 32, and 64GB, and in general I love them. Because the outside is sturdy metal, they are EXTREMELY tough. Many flash drives have wimpy little plastic loops for attaching lanyards or key chains. I have lost at least one because the loop cracked, and I did not realize it. Look at the loop on this one. It is solid metal. You key chain will break before this drive does. So why only 4 stars? These drives must be made to the absolute maximum size limit for USB ports. They tend to be a VERY snug fit in every USB port I have tried them in, which is many. In fact, there are ports I literally cannot get them to go into, one being the USB adapter for my Android tablet. This I learned on a trip when I tried to watch one of the many videos I had copied to the flash drive on my key chain just before I left home. Moral: These are great flash drives that will fit, if snugly, in most USB ports. Just make sure it works in the port on your laptop, tablet, etc., before you leave home!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these ear hooks!, November 4, 2013
A couple of years ago I purchased a different unbreakable ear hook from the same vendor, one with a wide foam covering. It lasted a long time, but gave up the ghost about a week ago. I liked that one, but sometimes I had a little trouble getting the earpiece to settle into place in my ear. When I searched for a replacement, this one came up. I was not sure how it would be, but for the price I figured I would give it a try. Maybe I have the good fortune to be just the right size, but these fit great immediately. I do not have to fiddle with the earpiece at all. It snugs right into place, and the thinner hook is even more comfortable than the foam covered version. Because it is more flexible than run of the mill hooks, it should last a long time.

I highly recommend this replacement earhook. FYI, I am using it on a Samsung WEP870.

EZOWare Ultra Slim Rechargable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 3 4 / Galaxy Note / NotePro / TabPro Android Tablet, Smartphone and more
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch typists pay attention to right shift key size and position, August 30, 2013
When I received this keyboard I thought I had at last found the perfect BT KB for travel. It is about as small as one can confortably touch type on. I have been using netbooks for years so I am used to a compact kb. The size is great and everything functions well. Two cons have relegated mine to "emergency" use. I keep it at my office in case I need to connect to my phone for typing personal email at lunch.
1. Mine does not automatically connect to the (Android) phone or tablet when turned on. I have to get a paper clip to stick in the hole to poke the pairing button. All of my other BT keyboards connect automatically.

2. The right shift key is too small and/or positioned way too far to the right relative to the semicolon key (home key for the right little finger for touch typists. If you scroll the magnifier over that part of the picture and compare it to your regular keyboard you will see what I mean. As a result when I am touch typing I often hit the up cursor button and wind up inserting a few characters on the line above before I catch myself. I am not a blazing fast typist, but I definitely type faster when I do not look at the keyboard. In 40+ years of typing on typewriters, word processors and computers this is only the second keyboard I have ever used that was like this.

Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Mouse
Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Mouse
Price: $29.99
185 used & new from $19.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wireless keyboard and mouse I have ever used!, August 28, 2013
Literally hundreds have raved about this product so I will keep this short. The Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 is hands-down the best of 4 wireless keyboard/ mouse combos I have ever used, including a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000, which I paid the most for and was the worst performer. Since I bought the Mk520 Combo I have used it 15-20 times including all day for several days working from home. Every time I use it connection time is almost instantaneous, about 1-2 seconds from the time I turn on the mouse until I can move the cursor. It has NEVER lost connection. There has never been a split second of lag when typing or a failure to respond to a mouse click (which was a constant problem with the Microsoft 6000 even with brand new batteries and the absurdly large transceiver only 1-2 feet away. In my experience, this wireless keyboard and mouse work just as if they were wired.

I have not installed the software that allows you to use some of the special purpose buttons like starting an email, etc., so I cannot speak to them. I did try the media buttons, and they did seem to work fine to play, pause, adjust volume, etc., with Windows Media Player.

GMYLE (TM) Black Flip Back Cover Case For Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9200 (with Wake Up / Sleep Function)
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $8.98
2 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good case, but not what I hoped for., August 27, 2013
This is the type case that replaces the back cover of the phone and has a simple flip cover. It is a minimalist cover that does provide screen protection so it does fit part of what I look for in a case. With this cover in place the phone still slips easily into my shirt pocket. The little window for viewing the time is nice but not a big deal to me. The case looks pretty good. The ridgid glossy plastic back has a very subtle checkered pattern to it. The stiff but slightly flexible cover has a matte fabric like texture. All in all I would say this case is quite good and an excellent value. The only big con, and this may be a personal quirk, is that I like a case that protects the corners of the phone which this cover does not. If the case snapped over the back of the phone, providing all around coverage of all edges except button cutouts I would probably rave about and give it 5 stars. From the pictures it looked to me like that is how if fit, but what I was seeing was just the slight curvature to match curvature of the stock back cover, not to fit around the phone. I will probably use this case until I find something I like this better. For the price this case is hard to beat if you are not as paranoid about protecting device corners as I am.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2013 6:43 AM PDT

Arcadia ArcPak 7.4 7400mAh Portable and Compact Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones, Tablets and more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great capacity in a small package that will charge high power tablets!, August 21, 2013
Review of Arcadia ArcPak 7.4 - ACD740 - 7400mAh Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank

I am a big believer of external battery chargers for mobile devices, particularly when traveling. I have owned several from 1500 mah to 4000, 8000, 10400, and even larger capacity. This ArcPak is one of the best I have tried for several reasons.

1. It charges with a standard micro USB port. A cable is included for charging from PC or USB charger and can also be used to then charge a device with micro USB charging port.

2. It is a small package for the capacity it provides. It is smaller than a 4000 mah battery I own and less than half the size of an 8000 battery. That is a huge difference in size and weight, making it great for travel. BTW, both the 4000 and 8000 packs have proprietary, or at least uncommon, charge ports. When I purchased them this was not a big deal because it seemed like most such external packs used some sort of port that was not a standard, easily obtainable, USB variation. Since I travel with several micro USB cables for my devices, it is a comfort to know I do not have to remember to pack a special cable to charge the battery pack.

3. Two USB ports allow charging of two devices at the same time.

4. The ArcPak 7.4 can be used as a charger adapter. In other words you can plug devices in while the battery is charging, and it will pass through power to charge the devices. When the devices are charged the ArcPak 7.4 will finish charging itself.

I tend to "pressure test" chargers and battery packs to see if they live up to their specs and what I can count on. Too many chargers and battery packs tend to fall short and disappoint. I am happy to report that this ArcPak 7.4 performs even better than I expected. Here are some real life results.

1. When I received the ArcPak 7.4 and plugged in the charger, it displayed two of the four charge indicator LEDs. In almost exactly 4 hours it was showing full charge, all 4 LEDs lit. The specs say 8 hours to charge so this is right on the money.

2. I plugged in my Samsung Galaxy Note, which requires 1A to charge. It started at 61% and was at 100% in one hour, forty-five minutes.

3. The maximum output of the ArcPak 7.4 is stated as a TOTAL of 2.1A. I plugged in an iPad 2 and my Galaxy Note at the same time. The iPad requres 2.0-2.1A to charge, and the Note requires 1A. Even though the two together should theoretically require 3.1A to charge, BOTH charged. I observed to assure that battery charge % on both devices increased.

4. Now here is the most amazing test result to me. Keep in mind that the stated maximum total is 2.1A. I plugged in BOTH the iPad 2 (requires 2.0-2.1A) AND a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which requires 2.0A to charge. BOTH began charging quite nicely. In about 10 minutes the iPad had increased from 71% to 74% and the Tab 3 from 79% to 81%. Both devices were powered on with wifi on (as well as 3G on the iPad). At best I hoped to see them hold steady. For both to be increasing in battery charge, and so quickly, was totally unexpected. I plugged them in at about 11 PM. At 5 AM both tablets were displaying 100% charge, and the 1 of the 4 charge indicator LEDs still displayed. At the rate they were charging I would estimate that it probably took 1 to 2 hours for the devices to charge completely, then both continued to run on the ArcPak 7.4's power the rest of the time. I would be very interested to let both tablets get down to about 10% then see what the ArcPak 7.4 can do. On a very long plane flight recently my wife's iPad went through both of the 4000 mah batteries I had taken. The little ArcPak 7.4 no doubt would have done the job just as well. I may still get another, though, because I believe in having backups for my backups!

I am not exaggerating when I say the ArcPak 7.4 has exceeded my expectations! I will probably be giving away my other external batteries. No need to keep them since I see no reason to use anything other than the ArcPak 7.4! If you need a small supplemental external battery pack the ArcPak 7.4 should serve well. It has amazing capacity built into an amazingly small package, and it works even better than the already impressive specs would suggest!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 9:16 PM PST