Profile for Raymond Perry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond Perry RSS Feed (New Orleans, LA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
EZstep Men's George Slipper Brown 12 M US
EZstep Men's George Slipper Brown 12 M US
Offered by TK inStyle
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT slippers - Fit true to size and very comfy!, December 27, 2014
Although the reviews are generally great there area few of them, I was concerned about one review that indicated the area that contacts the top of the foot might be rubbing a bit because my feet tend to be sensitive about that. In fact, my wife says I am like "The Princess and the Pea"; if there is a grain of sand anywhere or tiniest wrinkle in the bed sheet, I cannot rest until I get it straightened out. For the last number of years it seems like half of even really high quality brand shoes have had issues. One shoe is perfect, but the other has a seam that sticks up a bit or a slight kink in the lining, or a tiny bump where the stitching puckered the leather the tiniest bit, and in every case it is right where it rubs a spot on a toe or some other part that is in constant contact. I don't know if it is just me, but sizing always seems to be an issue, also, especially with something like a slide. I am an honest size 12, but often I have to get 11 in a slide design because the 12 is an inch too long. Since most who commented said
fit was as expected I ordered 12, and the size is perfect.

The slide slippers these were to replace were all soft fabric, memory foam, etc., so every surface was soft and cushy. The only reason I did not get another pair is that the upper was too short front to back, letting them flop side to side too much, making it hard to keep them on my feet sometimes. I could tell from the pictures that the uppers on the George slippers extend farther back which looked like it should work better (it does). When I first received these I immediately noticed that there is nothing obviously soft and cushy about these slippers. The footbed is a firm, textured material that looks and feels like very finely woven straw. The footbed foam is not at all cushy, either; it is very firm and barely gives at all. The outer part of the uppers feel like heavy denim. The inside of the uppers do have a short nap, but they do not actually feel "soft". The binding on the front and rear edges of the uppers did not feel soft. It did not actually feel rough, but I have had issues before with edges that rub. I almost sent them back without even trying them on. In the end I decided to give them a try, and am I glad.

I wore them for a couple of hours the first evening, adjusting the velcro 2-3 times to get just the right combination of security and ease of stepping into them. Even as I went to bed I had doubts. They were not uncomfortable at all, but they were different. Within just a few minutes after I slipped my feet into them in the morning I realized that they were REALLY comfortable. NOTHING at all was rubbing anywhere. Surfaces like the textured footbed and inside of the upper that were not obviously soft to the touch were not an issue at all. If something fits properly and is designed well it does not have to be soft and cushy to be comfortable. AND, the design of the upper is an improvement over my old slides; there is no side to slide "flop". Another plus is that they don't obviously look like fuzzy slippers. The brown denim upper looks more like casual slides. I would not do so regularly, but I could see wearing them for a quick early morning emergency run to the grocery; just not in jammies!

I have only had them a couple of days now, but I have worn them a LOT the last couple of days since I am off for the holidays. I could not be happier with this choice. Barring some unforeseen issue, I will buy these again when replacement time comes.

Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard (N9Z-00001)
Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard (N9Z-00001)
Price: $22.99
67 used & new from $15.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Android!, December 23, 2014
This is a preliminary review after limited use on my Android phone. With the tiny dongle plugged in a USB OTG adapter, the phone recognized the keyboard and touchpad in just a few seconds. The keyboard is very comfortable for touch typing. The keys are Chiclet type and fairly quite. They have decent feel and no "click", which is fine with me.

The touchpad is as responsive as any I have used. You can use two fingers to swipe to another home screen. Tap the Home button returns to the main home screen. Press and hold the Home button brings up recent apps. Pinch to zoom works on the touchpad. Even though this kb/touchpad was probably designed for Win 8/8.1 I think it is the best I have tried for Android also. I bought this kb more for use as a media keyboard using a small Win 8 PC, but I am very impressed with its functionality on Android as well.

There are a couple of minor cons that were not enough for me to take off a star. The keyboard has no lighting which could be an issue when trying to use it with a TV in a dim room. There is no Caps Lock indicator. This was not an issue when using my Android phone because the onscreen keyboard changes.

I will try to post more after I have had a chance to use it more extensively.

10Pcs 1/4" Hex Shank 110mm Long 6mm Double End PH2 Phillips Screwdriver Bits
10Pcs 1/4" Hex Shank 110mm Long 6mm Double End PH2 Phillips Screwdriver Bits
Offered by uxcell
Price: $10.78
2 used & new from $10.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Bits OK, but do not lock in, November 18, 2014
These are fine as far as the screwdriver bits go. They work. Because they had the grooves I assumed they would lock into speed lock bit holders. They do not do not insert far enough to lock into the speed lock chucks on any of my tools which makes them only marginally useful.

The Trendy Swede Executive 2-in-1 Replaceable Hybrid Stylus and Ballpoint Pen (2 Pack), Black
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen/stylus combination I have tried!, November 15, 2014
I have purchased numerous stylii, including several pen/stylus combinations. These are the best I have tried. The micro-mesh covered stylus writes very smoothly on a capacitive screen. I really appreciate that these come with extra stylus tip replacements. The ballpoint is one of the best I have tried. The refill seems to be a Cross brand type refill so they should be easily available. Unlike other pen/stylus combinations, these have a nice heft and seem to be very well made. I will definitely purchase these again!

Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Price: Click here to see our price
95 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good photo quality, November 4, 2014
I did not buy this printer with the idea of using it for good photo printing, but I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well it does with color photos. It will never match a photo quality inkjet, but even though I have one of those, I no longer do many 4x6 or other "good" prints at home anyway. Walgreens does it better and cheaper. The CDW3170 set to "Fine (2400 dpi class)" and glossy presentation paper, totally shocked me. My wife likes to have current pics of the grandkids to swap out. These are more than good enough for that or for showing to friends. I wish I could show you a 5x7 I just printed of my grandson with Dia del Muerte face painting. Most people would be hard-pressed to tell if from true photo quality. The only real weakness I see, and it is subtle, is a band of slightly lighter shade of blue across an area of blue background.

The printer does a great job of regular printing, and I love the auto-duplexing feature. Yes, a full set of genuine Brother cartridges is a bit of a shock. However, they last MUCH, MUCH longer than inkjet cartridges, and they do not dry out. I would spend $50-60 for a set of inkjet cartridges and have to replace some after a couple of months even though I might have printed only a few basic documents. I don't even put cartridges in my inkjet multifunction. It is just a scanner now.

If you want a really nice, relatively inexpensive color laser, that does auto duplexing and color photos for casual viewing, it would be hard to beat this one!

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Offered by DealTech
Price: $29.99
116 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Logitech devices and own several, October 1, 2014
I love Logitech devices and own several. This is up to the usual high Logitech quality, but I cannot give it 5 stars. Unfortunately, it has a design quirk that is a pet peeve of mine. The right Shift key is undersized and positioned too far to the right. That may not sound like a big deal, but to a touch typist it is. I have had 2-3 keyboards with this same design quirk. I wind up hitting the Up cursor key instead of the shift key most of the time. This means that I may have moved the cursor to the line above and inserted several words before I realize it. Hunt and peck typists will probably love this keyboard, but I suspect it will frustrate those who type by touch.

Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman Cordless/Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Wahl 9906-717 Groomsman Cordless/Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Price: $14.99
21 used & new from $11.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed second-time owner, July 20, 2014
It works, but not as well as the older model. I bought this to replace the same trimmer that died after years of faithful service. The new model is nowhere near as good. The edge of the blade seems rough and is very uncomfortable to use; the old one was much smoother more comfortable to use. In addition, the old one cut MUCH better than the new model. I will probably be buying something else soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 1:44 PM PDT

Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Nexus 4 5 6 7 9 10 Galaxy Nexus & Samsung Galaxy S 3 III 4 IV 5 V
Offered by Eamall
Price: $1.78
47 used & new from $0.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work but not with the devices I really cared about, February 9, 2014
This is a preliminary review. I have ordered special cables that might allow charging additional devices. If results improve I will update.
I have tried this with 4 devices and will give a brief description of results. I have a power adapter with several specific outputs - 2 iPad, 1 iPhone, 1 Samsung tablet, 1 Samsung phone, 1 generic USB. I tried each port with each device.
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Did not charge device. I could not get the V8P to recognize a portable USB drive with power supplied to the micro USB female port. I will not be able to test this tab further because I have returned it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Did not charge. Left it attached to be sure, and device lost charge. With power supplied via the micro USB female, the device would not recognize a portable HDD. The device did recognize the same portable HDD attached to a different powered OTG adapter, Zek Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SD Card Reader, USB Adapter HUB, and OTG Adapter.
Samsung Galaxy Mega - Did not charge. Actually forced phone to power off. I was afraid to try anything else.
Archos 5 Internet Tablet - DID CHARGE DEVICE. I did not even try to attach a storage device because I am not sure if this relatively old device has OTG capability. But it does document that the female micro USB port does charge some devices.

1 Padded Ear Hook Compatable With: Hx1 Motorola Endeavor, Jabra Extreme / 8040 / 4010/ 2050/ Nokia N95 / Bh320 Samsung Wep 450 / 460 / 470 / 475 / 170 / 200 / 250 / 350 / 500 / Nokia Bh-804 Headset, Bh902, Bh 800, Bh 105, Bh 216, Bh 104, Sound Id 400, Sound Id, 500, 501, 510, 512 Made in USA GadgetBrat®
Offered by Black Sea International LLP
Price: $7.93
3 used & new from $2.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Alas, all good things come to an end, February 6, 2014
Actually, I was very happy with this ear hook. I used it on a Samsung WEP870 for a month shy of 2 years before the "unbreakable" broke. When it broke I bought this type instead "3 Samsung Bhm 3500 Wep 480 490 650 750 850 870 Heavy Duty Ear Hooks "Will-not-break"" I was not crazy about the bulky padding on this one. The replacements are more minimalist. FYI, these also fit on a new Plantronics M25.

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZ)
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZ)
Price: $12.99
71 used & new from $11.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flash drives with one irritating shortcoming, January 23, 2014
Let me say that I have these in ever size 8, 16, 32, and 64GB, and in general I love them. Because the outside is sturdy metal, they are EXTREMELY tough. Many flash drives have wimpy little plastic loops for attaching lanyards or key chains. I have lost at least one because the loop cracked, and I did not realize it. Look at the loop on this one. It is solid metal. You key chain will break before this drive does. So why only 4 stars? These drives must be made to the absolute maximum size limit for USB ports. They tend to be a VERY snug fit in every USB port I have tried them in, which is many. In fact, there are ports I literally cannot get them to go into, one being the USB adapter for my Android tablet. This I learned on a trip when I tried to watch one of the many videos I had copied to the flash drive on my key chain just before I left home. Moral: These are great flash drives that will fit, if snugly, in most USB ports. Just make sure it works in the port on your laptop, tablet, etc., before you leave home!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7