Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for Raymond Perry > Reviews

Browse

Raymond Perry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond Perry RSS Feed (New Orleans, LA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
GStar® TorchZilla Series Ying & Yang Windproof Jet Flames Butane Torch Lighter
GStar® TorchZilla Series Ying & Yang Windproof Jet Flames Butane Torch Lighter
Offered by Save$4You
Price: $6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing lighter and amazing customer service!, April 20, 2016
This is officially my favorite cigar lighter! It toasts even a large ring gauge cigar in just a couple of seconds. The flame is so hot I think you might be able to solder with it! Be careful lighting a robusto or other short cigar. Unlike other lighters that require a small screw driver for flame adjustment, this lighter has a little recessed handle that flips up to allow for easy tool-free adjustment. I love this feature. Be aware that this is a nice large lighter that would fit in a pocket but would be a pocketful.

I have to say a word about Save$4You's customer service. I intended to order 4 of these but somehow accidentally one-click-ordered MANY more and did not realize it until the huge box arrived. I tried the usually-excellent Amazon return process which referred the issue to Save$4You. Within minutes I had an email from Save$4You with return instructions. I realized I would have to pay return shipping since I made the mistake. A couple of days after shipping the package I had an email from Save$4You saying that they had received the package and started the refund process. Not much later I had an email from Amazon, confirming the refund.

Fiesta Tapered Mug, 15 oz, Paprika
Fiesta Tapered Mug, 15 oz, Paprika
Price: $16.00
3 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just my size!, February 16, 2016
We recently switched to Fiesta dinnerware, which I love. The only problem was that the mugs that came with the place settings were just a little small for me, and I prefer a larger handle than their small circular ones. This 15 oz mug comfortably holds my preferred 12 ounces with a little room to spare. The handle accommodates two or even three fingers and balances the large mug.

Protective Covers Weatherproof 3 Seat Wicker/Rattan Sofa Cover, Large, Gray
Protective Covers Weatherproof 3 Seat Wicker/Rattan Sofa Cover, Large, Gray
Price: $35.04
12 used & new from $29.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection at a very reasonable price!, February 13, 2016
I guess it's about time I posted a review of this product since we have had it over 2 years now! This cover is very reasonably priced and does a great job. The cover is plenty large enough for our long sofa. In fact, by laying our large chair cushions on the sofa this one cover protects everything. After 2 years in the weather, the vinyl started to peel in a couple of small places so I just ordered another one. I still consider it 5-star because at the price I did not expect extreme durability.

Here is a tip. Make sure to straighten the cover so that there are no little depressions to hold water. Although the seams are good and tight, if water puddles over a seam it can eventually seep through.

Offered by 3C-Aone
Price: $9.40
4 used & new from $5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case for the LG G Stylo, January 9, 2016
I am a fanatic about keeping all of my devices in good protective cases. I am very happy with this one for my LG G Stylo. It protects the back, all corners, and the screen. It also takes advantage of the LG QuickCircle feature that allows you to view a clock and selected apps through a round cutout on the screen cover. You see caller ID and answer calls in the circle without opening the cover. Opening the cover also wakes up the phone.

LG G Stylo T-Mobile Cell Phone, Retail Packaging, Gray
LG G Stylo T-Mobile Cell Phone, Retail Packaging, Gray
3 used & new from $145.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great phone at a reasonable price!, January 9, 2016
I have been happy with Samsung phones for years, but the S6 and Note 5 both have non-removable batteries and no micro SD slot. This is a deal breaker for me. This may be irrational of me because I always travel with a battery pack anyway, and you can always use OTG and a flash drive for extra storage. Anyway, I still insist on these features.

I was not sure what to expect from the Stylo, but it sounded pretty good, and the price was less about half what a flagship phone costs. I have been VERY happy with it. The screen 5.7" screen is as big as the V10 or Galaxy Note 5, and it is brilliant, even if it is "only" full HD! So crisp and clear. I also really like the user interface. I had no trouble adapting to it. Everything is fast enough for me. I am not a gamer at all so I have no idea how it is for playing games. The Stylo came with a version of Android 5 and updated to 5.1.1 right away.

The camera is very good. I especially like that the flash operates as a video light when taking video in low light. This feature was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. I have not tested it, but since it is just the usual camera LED flash it probably has a somewhat limited range.

The stylus is useful sometimes. It seems to be a specially designed fine point passive capacitive stylus. It does not do the kind of fancy things the active Galaxy Note S-Pen can do, and the Stylo stylus does not seem to work on any of my other devices. All generic capacitive styli I have tried work fine on the Stylo screen.

I am a fanatic about keeping all of my devices in good protective cases. For this phone I bought this one: LG G Stylo Case - 3C-Aone Sparkle Quick Window Smart Wake up / Sleep Pu Leather Cover Hard Plastic Case Shell for LG G Stylo H631 MS631 LS770 | LG G4 Stylus(NOT Compatible for LG G4) (Black). It protects the back, all corners, and the screen. It takes advantage of the LG QuickCircle feature that allows you to view a clock and selected apps through a round cutout on the screen cover. You see caller ID and answer calls in the circle without opening the cover. Opening the cover also wakes up the phone.

I have had the phone about 6 weeks now. Time will tell how it will be long term, but for now I think I may be an LG convert.

I recently switched from ATT to T-Mobile for two main reasons. T-Mobile seems like a better value, AND you can use your T-Mobile phone in most countries without having to do anything special. You get unlimited (though lower speed 3G or 2G) data and texts, and calls are 20 cents per minute (free if you are on wifi and have TMO's wifi calling feature turned on. No getting a special SIM and signing up for a new plan in every country. FYI, I shortly after traveled to France, and TMO worked pretty well. I was satisfied, but I think it would have worked better if I had been using an actual TMO phone; at the time I was using my old ATT phone with a TMO SIM.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2016 5:54 PM PST

Manual Coffee Grinder with Conical Ceramic Burr | Stainless Steel Hand Crank Coffee Mill with Free Coffee Grinder Brush + Waterproof Bag. AFL Products Portable Coffee Bean Grinder for Home / Travel / Work / Camping - Compact Quiet and Compatible with an Aeropress Coffee Maker
Offered by AFL Products
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little grinder!, January 6, 2016
Inexpensive electric blade grinders never did the trick for me because they are too loud for early morning use, difficult to produce consistent grind, etc. Since I am not a high end coffee aficionado, expensive burr grinders were out of the question. This little jewel, at its reasonable price and great reviews seemed worth a try. We have a Keurig in which I like to use re-usable K-cups with freshly ground coffee of my choice. Commercial K-cups are OK, but they never taste very fresh even compared to regular ground coffee of the grocer's shelf. The production and marketing pipeline for such highly processed and packaged coffee has to be way longer than regular coffee. The hopper of the grinder holds more than enough for my usual 3 cups so I usually grind enough for all three at the same time. Just for grins I put enough beans in the hopper for one cup and timed how long it took to grind them. At a VERY leisurely pace it took about 1 1/2 minutes, and I could have done it in well under a minute, but I wanted to simulate use by someone who may not be able to crank very fast. Grinding is quite easy; it does not take a lot of effort. I think just about anyone could use the grinder.

Suisse Sport 7 x 7-Feet Dome Tent with Rain Fly and Easy Setup (3 Person)
Suisse Sport 7 x 7-Feet Dome Tent with Rain Fly and Easy Setup (3 Person)
Price: $37.44
2 used & new from $37.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tent for Cub Scout campouts with my grandson!, November 6, 2015
I am very happy with this little tent! I was a Boy Scout for years and camped out a lot. When my daughters were young we camped out as part of the YMCA Indian Guides/Indian Princesses. I have had experience with a number of different types of tents. This is the easiest to set up of any I have used. It fits two pretty comfortably. Three could squeeze in, but there would be little room left for gear. The floor is made of the woven plastic tarp material. I suppose theoretically this means you do not need a footprint/ground cloth, but I use one anyway.

The instructions for setup are pretty clear, but we have developed a slightly different approach. We lay out the tent, piece the poles together, and stick them in the little pockets at the corners, forming an X over the tent. I then tie the nylon ties to the poles to hold the X in place while we clip the plastic clips to the poles. Setting up this way takes literally a couple of minutes. Once set up this way, staking the corners is more or less optional. I do stick the stakes in just to keep the tent from sliding around on the ground cloth.

For the price, if you are just getting started in camping for two people, maybe three, this is a great tent for the money. Even with the rain fly I am not sure I would want to be in a rainstorm with it, but I am a fair weather camper anyway. I have been on several campouts in the past where we endured downpours, and I choose to no longer participate if I can avoid it!

Fill N Save 4 Pack Reusable K-Cups for Keurig 2.0 & Backward Compatible With Original Keurig 1.0 Models. Works with Keurig Machines and Other Single Cup Brewers.
Offered by ANF Distribution
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for using your own coffee, reducing waste, and saving money!, October 9, 2015
I love these reusable K-cups! I do not consider myself a coffee aficionado; I do not grind my own beans for each batch in a burr mill or use a brewer calibrated to an exact temperature. I DO insist on fresh coffee with a particular bold flavor profile. I do like to buy whole bean coffee and grind the whole bag at the store. Some K-cups I have used in the past tasted old or musty so when I finally bought a nice Keurig recently, I immediately purchased reusable K-cups and K-carafes so I could use my own coffee. I was a little concerned because I have read that some of the reusables do not brew strong enough, but I have to say been thrilled with these!

The o-ring creates a good solid seal when you close the lid. As the instructions suggest, you do want to make sure you brush any grounds from the lip of the cup to make sure the lid can close completely. I fill the cup to the fill line, choose 10 ounce cup size, tap the Strong selection, and I get a strong, delicious cup of coffee. A couple of days ago I discovered another benefit of the reusable. I had to leave the house in about 20-25 minutes, but I really wanted a little more coffee. I would never have wasted a pricey K-cup, but I charged the reusable with about half the usual coffee, selected a 4 ounce cup, and had the perfect little bit of coffee for the time available.

I will still purchase real K-cups to have around. Sometimes my wife likes to try different things, and I will, too, from time to time. So saving money was a secondary reason for buying reusables, maybe tertiary after environmental considerations regarding the waste of extra packaging. However, out of curiosity, I did a few calculations just to compare the cost. The coffee I buy is $18 for 2 pounds. I filled the cup several times, weighing each charge, and determined that I was consistently using almost exactly .333 (1/3) ounce. That worked out to just under 97 servings costing $0.19 per serving. To be fair I wanted to compare to a larger box of K-cups, 54 to the box, but I could not find the exact coffee in that size. Instead, I used a different blend from the same brand that costs the same, in this case, $30 for the box of 54. That comes to over $0.55 per serving. I think it is well worth a few extra seconds to get the exact coffee I want, especially at 1/3 the cost!

One small quibble that I think probably applies to any reusable IF you grind your own coffee. The grinding process always produces some very fine powdery grinds. When you use a coffee filter, these get filtered out, but they are fine enough to pass through the mesh filters. These tend to sink to the bottom, and they are so fine and powdery I do not even notice them until pretty much the very last sip. As long as I resist the urge to take that last sip it's fine. Even when I forget, it is not a big deal, I just feel a slight graininess. It is nothing like having bigger grinds where you feel like you have sand in your mouth. If you buy ground coffee this should not be an issue because they filter out the "fines". I had not thought of it before, but I am going to experiment with using a larger reusable mesh filter as a sieve to try to separate out some of the fines.

Logitech 915-000162 Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote with Color Screen (Black) [Discontinued by Manufacturer]
Offered by Deal Addict
Price: $62.98
187 used & new from $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ... was trying to find something my wife could use easily to control any device or activity, July 14, 2015
I bought this 3 years ago because I was trying to find something my wife could use easily to control any device or activity. She still had issues, as did I, so we pretty much put it aside. She would use it from time to time, and I was comfortable using separate remotes. Recently we switched to a new TV provider, and I decided to really give the Harmony 700 another chance. Bingo! This remote works great to control any available device or activity. The trick, as I kept telling my wife (I hope she never reads this!), is to keep the remote pointed toward the devices for until everything is on and working. Depending on what you were doing and the new activity, this can take, literally, 5-10 seconds. To be safe I have suggested to my wife to use the All Off before starting a new activity. I am especially impressed that this remote has an Activity for Roku and controls the Roku well. You do have to kind of figure out what buttons to use for a couple of the Roku functions, but this is not a big deal. I am now a big fan, and I am considering purchasing another so each of us can have our own.

Full Motion TV Wall Mount with 32 inch Long Extension for 42 to 80 inch TVs
Full Motion TV Wall Mount with 32 inch Long Extension for 42 to 80 inch TVs
Offered by AV-Express
Price: $169.00
2 used & new from $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid TV mount!, June 12, 2015
This has to be one of the best TV mounts for full extension and articulation! Even at full extension it feels rock solid. It moves easily but not so easily that it does not stay exactly where you put it. It extends far enough that I can almost turn my 60 TV 90 degrees if necessary. This means that on a nice fall weekend I could probably sit outside and watch a game through the open doors. This mount may cost more, but it is built like a tank! I am very happy with it and would recommend it to a friend.

Thanks to another reviewer for suggesting removing the heavy arm mechanism from the wall plate by removing the 6 screws and sliding it out. The wall plate by itself is much more manageable for marking than the whole unwieldy mechanism. If I have one small complaint it is that the final hanging of the TV and bracket on the arm mechanism is a bit of a challenge. Fortunately, I hope I will not have to do it again for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8