Profile for gaywinglass > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gaywinglass "Gayle" RSS Feed (NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Falling for Zoe: Volume 1 (The Camerons of Tide's Way)
Falling for Zoe: Volume 1 (The Camerons of Tide's Way)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, July 18, 2014
A cross between romance and women's fiction, Falling For Zoe will not disappoint readers of either genre. Jake and Zoe's story is unique with a few twists that keep it interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

The Training of a Marquess
The Training of a Marquess
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars and I enjoyed every minute of Claire and Chase's story, July 4, 2014
Seldom do I read a book that hooks me on the very first page, much less the very first line, but that's exactly what happened when I read Sandra Owen's The Training of a Marquess. I laughed, I cried, and I enjoyed every minute of Claire and Chase's story. I don't know if Chase is an Alpha or Beta, but he quickly became one of my favorite Regency heroes. The Training of a Marquess is one of the most original Regency romances I have read in a long time. If you love Regencies, this one is a must read!

The Melting: Book One, The Infection
The Melting: Book One, The Infection
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good pandemic romance!, June 17, 2014
Melting glaciers trigger a global pandemic that scientist David Morrow has spent his life studying and his newly developing relationship with pathologist Amanda Sutton takes an unexpected turn. This book has it all: science, mystery, sexual tension, and a deadly disease that could wipe out the planet. Think Outbreak meets The Andromeda Strain with a little romance to spice things up. A good, entertaining read!

The Dead Man's View: Featuring Prudence Barnard and Knighton Gaunt - 1819 (A Second Sons Inquiry Agency Regency Mystery Book 3)
Price: $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A cozy reunion mystery, May 29, 2014
This cozy mystery features Prudence Barnard and Knighton Gaunt of the Second Son's Inquiry agency. Murder brought these two together once before in The Vital Principal and now the suicide of Pru's cousin reunites them again. Only this time, Pru isn't a suspect and the attraction between her and Knighton is stronger than ever.

An entertaining mystery with just enough romance to spice things up. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

The Billionaire's Con
The Billionaire's Con
Price: $3.03

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, February 27, 2014
Ms. Crowne weaves an enjoyable romance. There were times when I loved Trevor and Meggy and times when I wanted to smack them upside the head. In my opinion, that made them much like the people I know in "real" life. She also integrated a wide array of fun secondary characters with personalities of their own. And the scene where Trevor gives Meggy the heart pendant melted my heart.

Alegria Womens Feliz Soft Bronze - 39 M EU
Alegria Womens Feliz Soft Bronze - 39 M EU
Offered by Care Wear Uniforms Inc./Heavenly Shoes Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Alegrias but this pair was too small., August 2, 2013
I love Alegrias and this pair was priced at an extremely reasonable price, but I have wide feet and usually have to try shoes on. Because of the price, I took a chance. They were too small, but returning them was simple and nearly hassle free. It did cost me $6.00 but that's because I opted for the UPS pick up instead of finding and driving to a UPS store to return them.

Angel Unleashed: Deadly Sins, book 3
Angel Unleashed: Deadly Sins, book 3
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear's Best Yet, July 30, 2013
I love Jake! Sexy, witty, sarcastic, and willing to let a woman take the lead because he's going to make sure she never forgets he's a real man. From the suspenseful opening scene to the end, Bear writes a sexy romance that will have you laughing out loud and biting your nails at the same time. The awesome third book in her Deadly Sins Series is Bear's best work yet. And you don't even have to read the first two books to enjoy it. But why wouldn't you?

Home (Tales of the Scrimshaw Doll)
Home (Tales of the Scrimshaw Doll)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Story in a Short Book, June 10, 2013
I don't know how she did it, but somehow, Calisa Rhose packed an entire novel in a short story. The characters were well-developed and believable and the storyline heart-touching. Definitely a character-driven romance, Ms. Rhose touched on the issues facing soldiers returning home from Vietnam during the late sixties. Sam's experience with "shell shock" aka PTSD broke my heart, and Poppy's reactions to his "fits" and "episodes" had me rooting for her from the beginning.

This wasn't exactly a sweet romance, but neither were there any sex scenes. So, anyone who enjoys a good romance from the sweet to the hot will enjoy this book. In fact, Ms. Rhose wrote one of the most romantic lines I have ever read: "When his head lowered toward her, she let her eyes close and waited for heaven to sink to earth and find her."

Doesn't that just melt your heart? It did mine. Kudos Ms. Rhose for packing such a big story into such a short book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 9:20 PM PDT

Welcome Home
Welcome Home
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good/quick read when you don't want to read an old magazine, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Welcome Home (Kindle Edition)
Bobby's back from Vietnam and finds the world has changed. He's called baby killer and spit on. But Katie understands and is willing to help him through the transition into civilian life after the most unpopular war in American history.

A short but sweet story. I read it in the waiting room of my doctor's office and was surprised at how quickly I was drawn in and disappointed when the book ended. Although it had a neatly wrapped hopefully ever after ending, I fell in love with Bobby and wanted to read more of his story. If you're looking for a quick read while having your oil changed or waiting for a hair or doctor's appointment, this book is much more entertaining than an old magazine. I enjoyed it.

What the Night Knows (with bonus novella Darkness Under the Sun): A Novel
What the Night Knows (with bonus novella Darkness Under the Sun): A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up late, March 5, 2013
Koontz has a way of keeping me up late. The closer I get to the end, the faster I read. This book was no exception. John Calvino is a homicide detective who survived the brutal killing of his family when he killed the serial killer responsible. Now twenty years later, another killer is slaughtering families and John fears his family is next. But is the killer a copy cat? Or something more terrifying and harder to kill?

What the Night Knows isn't just another horror story or psychological thriller. Through the main character, John, Koontz explores some of our darkest fears and spiritual beliefs and makes the reader question how we can believe in good without believing in evil. He shows the other side of the coin as well. If we believe in evil spirits and possession, then how can we not believe in benevolent, protective spirits?

Scary and yet somehow, spiritual. If you like Koontz, you like this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4