Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween
Profile for Vincent > Reviews

Vincent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vincent RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Fundamentals of Physics
Fundamentals of Physics
by David Halliday
37 used & new from $27.24

5.0 out of 5 stars I personally like this physics book the best, October 2, 2010
My first Halliday text book was the one I used in AP physics in high school, and I have used it ever since. This edition is only an improvement on the earlier one and worth the money if you have it.
Quality: Halliday has always offered some of the best explanations of tough physics concepts on the market. The authors understand the student perspective well.
Exercises: I feel the exercises reflect the topics and test key concepts well. While having more questions is always nice, I am satisfied with how many are provided because I can do only so many pulley or torque questions before wanting to move on to the next topic.
Overall this is a great text book that all physics majors and top faculty are probably very familiar with. For the majority of physics students in the first or second year in college, this should be the only physics book you need.

Organic Chemistry (7th Edition)
Organic Chemistry (7th Edition)
by L. G. Wade Jr.
77 used & new from $18.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid OChem Prep, October 2, 2010
This text by Wade is the next in a long line of excellent Organic Chem books that I used in high school through college. Previous editions have been top notch, always with clear pictures and text that is easy to read. Unlike other texts, this one does not cram text onto the page but keeps it comfortable. The graphics are memorable, and the organization is logical which helps with retention. I've used Wade text for a few years now and can recommend them with assurance. OChem can be fun, at least in my opinion. Enjoy!