Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for FFDR > Reviews

Browse

FFDR's Profile

Customer Reviews: 253

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FFDR RSS Feed (Chicago, IL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
S&T 497500 Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, X-Large, 18 by 24-Inch, Grey/White Trellis
Price: $10.12
13 used & new from $10.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick drying, large enough for drying pans and pots, April 27, 2016
I have the gray version and the largest size. It looks very good, well made, quick drying, and is perfect for drying large pans and pots. A great addition to my dish drying rack. I will not hesitate to buy it again.

Home Basics 3-Piece Dish Drainer Set, 19" x 12" x 5" (Silver)
Home Basics 3-Piece Dish Drainer Set, 19" x 12" x 5" (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice and fits narrow counter space perfectly, April 27, 2016
I have very narrow counter space beside sink, this is the only one I can find that has the spout draining on the short side. So, I bought it and love it. It fits the narrow space very well, looks nice, drains well, easy to rinse or wipe to keep it clean. Highly recommend it!!!

Sincerely Nuts Certified Organic Hazelnuts / Filberts (Raw, No Shell) 5LB Bag
Sincerely Nuts Certified Organic Hazelnuts / Filberts (Raw, No Shell) 5LB Bag
Offered by SincerelyNuts®
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good and nutty, April 20, 2016
Bought 5 lbs. to make hazelnut chocolate spread, the spread turned out so good! We have used hazelnuts from Wholefoods bulk, from other brands, Sincerely Nuts's hazelnuts are the best. They are slightly smaller than the typical ones, but very fresh and nutty. It gives such a roasted nutty hazelnut flavor to our spread. We love it! Will buy again!

Cumin Seeds (Jeera Whole) 7oz
Cumin Seeds (Jeera Whole) 7oz
Offered by SimplyBeautiful
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Frangrant!, March 1, 2016
Bought cumin seeds and coriander seeds from Spicy World after reading positive reviews. The spices didn't disappoint. They are extremely fragrant. My Garam Masla blend came out very well with these seeds. Will buy again.

Spicy World Corriander Seeds 7oz
Spicy World Corriander Seeds 7oz
Offered by SimplyBeautiful
Price: $7.49
5 used & new from $6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fragrant!, March 1, 2016

Roland Lentils, Green, 35.3 Ounce (Pack of 5)
Roland Lentils, Green, 35.3 Ounce (Pack of 5)
Price: $41.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flavorful, March 1, 2016
Indeed more flavorful than the typical French green lentils. 10min. pressure cooking, hold their shape, soup is tasty but not mushy. Highly recommend it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flavorful walnuts, high quality, March 1, 2016
I bought 2 bags to try, and were very happy with quality. Compared to walnuts from Costco or local stores, the Woodstock ones are large, crisp and tasty (sharp distinct walnut flavor). We did blind tasting, Woodstock walnuts came out as winner. I will buy more when I finished my packs.

Yakima SkyBox LoPro Titanium
Yakima SkyBox LoPro Titanium
Offered by Wild Sherpa
Price: $649.00
18 used & new from $649.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good capacity, minimum wind noise, water tight, February 1, 2016
We purchased this box at REI after checking out different brands and models and with the input of the store specialist. We are very happy with our purchase.

Size and capacity: During our move from Chicago to Colorado, we carried 5 pairs of xc skies, 4 pairs of xc ski boots, 7 pairs of poles, gaiters in the box. There was still plenty of room left, so we stuff our winter jackets in the box.

Secure and water tight: On our way to Colorado, it was pouring rain on one day. The content inside the box arrived completely dry. Once mounted, the box was very secure. We never needed to worry about it.

LoPro: The capacity is plenty for our needs. LoPro cut down the wind drag and wind noise. We didn't hear much of noise, and didn't even notice that it was there when driving. Also, our car with the box mounted had no problem to go into the hotel's garage. It was a huge plus that we didn't need to un-mount and re-mount the box.

Yakima vs. Thule: REI specialist pointed out a critical difference between Yakima and Thule skyboxes. On Yakima, once you unlock the box with a key, you push a handle to open or close the box. Thule doesn't have the handle. It replies solely on turning the key to open and close the box. If anything happens to the fragile key, one may have trouble to use the box.

Attached is a pic of the lopro on Subaru Outback (the box should be mounted 2-3 inch forward, then the trunk door would open fully). In short, we love this Yakima LoPro. We find that it is the best box for 2 people.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for xc skiing in cold weather, January 26, 2016
We do xc skiing (classic/skating), snowshoeing, and backcountry touring in the mountains. Between my husband and I, we have Swix Star xc100 gloves (women), Swix Star gloves (men and women), Swix Sport-x over/under sx ski gloves (men) and Salomon Thermal gloves (men and women). Some we have used for several seasons, some for a few months. Below is a comparison of the gloves:

Swix has different system, Star is system 2, Star xc100 is system 3, Sport -x is system 4. The higher the system, the warmer. We have had Star system 2 for years. I loved them, they kept me warm in all temperatures. My husband felt that they were not warm enough when it was really cold (he tends to get cold fingers). So, when they were worn and broken at the thumb after years of abuse, we decided to try Salomon Thermal, as we like Salomon's xc skiing jackets/pants a lot.

However, Salomon's Thermal gloves are a huge disappointment:
- not warm at all. Only suitable for temperature above 30F with sunshine and without wind. My fingers almost froze off in the 10-20F temperature. Intense xc skiing was not sufficient to warm up my hands. I had to double it up with an out layer (my husband's gloves) to keep my hands warm. It became a huge pain to have to carry an extra pair of gloves in my pockets, as I never knew when I'd needed them.
- the Velcro closure is rather an inconvenience. I have to open it first to remove the gloves.
- short cuff

As Salomon gloves didn't work out, we decided to go back to Swix, and bought Swix star xc100 (women) and Swix sport-x over/under sx ski gloves (men).
- Star xc 100 is level 3, same shape as level 2. The gloves keep my hands warm in the teen's. The insulation is thicker than Star gloves level 2, but I can't say that xc100 is much warmer than level 2. I was very happy with my level 2 gloves.
- Sport-x over/under xc ski gloves: Level 4. My husband has this one and likes it a lot. It is thicker and warmer than xc100. The gloves have 2 versions, 1) with a windproof mitten shell (great for fat tire riders); 2) without the extra shell. My husband finds the extra shell helpful when it is very windy and cold. The shell can be tucked in the cuff, so it is out of the way when you don't need it.

From our experience, we feel Swix gloves are better for xc skiing. They are easy to put on and take off, they have long cuffs and they are much much warmer than Salomon Thermal.

For back country touring and snowshoeing in single digits, I highly recommend Outdoor Research Alti Mitts. My husband has O.R. meteor mitts. They are not as warm as the Alti. I have posted reviews on both mitts.

Salomon Thermo Glove - Women's
Salomon Thermo Glove - Women's
Price: $24.50 - $63.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Only suitable for 30+F with sunshine without wind, not suitable for xc skiing, January 26, 2016
This review is from: Salomon Thermo Glove - Women's