Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Keith W. Oschman > Reviews

Browse

Keith W. Oschman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Keith W. Oschman RSS Feed (Deland, Fla USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
GoLightly Sugar Free Lemon Candy, 2.75-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
GoLightly Sugar Free Lemon Candy, 2.75-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Price: $26.88
6 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great candy except for one thing, October 12, 2012
Excellent candy; helps me a great deal with dry mouth. Only 4 stars for one flaw--after several months, packaging does let moisture into even sealed/unopened packs and the candies stick together.

Bath Tub Rail Grip Locks easily and securely for safe transfer into and out of the tub. Patented locking feature provides superior stability. Fits most tubs and won't harm tub surface. Patented locking feature provides superior stability. Large rubber pads clamp tightly and eliminate movement. Ergonomic handle with anti-slip grip. Adjustable width 2-3/4" to 5-1/2". 350 lb capacity.
Offered by King Products
Price: $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent safety rail, September 2, 2012
This safety rail is excellent in every way. I bought this and use it for myself (I'm 63, 215#, 5'10" and on hospice for cancer).

--Construction: the rail is mostly plastic, but high quality and very sturdy; I'm 215# but can find no wobble in this one; it is noticeably heavier than the all-metal rails that I have seen (maybe 5#)
--Fit: it fits my tub; which has a vertical outside, and a slightly sloping inside; You can't see it in the photo, but there is medium gripping pad on a swivel for the inside of the tub that works quite well. Mine came with a heavy rubber extra inside pad (5" x 5 ½" x 3/8"), for extra gripping power?) CAUTION: I don't think it would grip a tub with an outside slope very well since there is no swivel adjustment on the outside.
--Ease of installation: I've installed this kind of rail before and this one is the easiest and the most secure. It is very easy to crank the pads together onto the tub (truly needs no tools); and then you flip down the lever down to get a bit of extra gripping power. But don't use on a fiberglass tub!! That extra pressure would quite easily break such a tub I think.
--Locking Rotation: Easy to use and locks very positively every 45 degrees, a nice feature for initial installation. Places on the item that have adjustments (clamp and rotation) are colored orange to make it easier to find.
--Feel: Doesn't seem to have any sharp edges anywhere and seems non-slip to me even when wet; suitable for children or elders with sensitive skin. The large ring (roughly 4" x 6" I.D. oval) is very easy to grip.

The only down side I have found for this is it's relatively low height; about 12" to the top of handle.

All in all, if something happened to this one, I would likely buy another as replacement.

PikStik Pro Aluminum Reacher, 20 Inch, Yellow
PikStik Pro Aluminum Reacher, 20 Inch, Yellow
Price: $21.97
8 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars really handy from a sitting start, August 16, 2012
This is the perfect length grabber for someone who starts from a sitting positon. I thought I would use it now and then but I find myself using it all the time. Not only is it good for picking up things I have dropped, it also is handy for moving things around, like putting my phone into or getting it out of its cradle. I even use it to adjust the A/C settings from my chair. Love this thing.

Generic The ULTIMATE Breakaway Lanyard. Ideal For Holding ID Cards/Keys/Badge Reels. SOLD INDIVIDUALLY
Offered by SPECIALIST ID
Price: $4.49
3 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars very high quality lanyard, August 7, 2012
The cording, the plastic parts, and the overall thoughtful design appear to be of the highest quality. Well worth the very reasonable price. If I need another lanyard I will buy another one of these.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, August 7, 2012
Nice sturdy thick steel with a small but workable saw edge. Otherwise I'd say not much good about this thing, but maybe it's just me. For example, the instruction card that comes with it is in Chinese, which doesn't help me at all. It does have a ruler; I guess it's metric--I'm guessing because it's just hash marks with no labeling.

"Knife Edge"? I guess that the narrow wedge edge is what is meant here--hard to tell because it is too blunt to cut anything sturdier than bread dough. Etc. It is pretty much just odd shapes cut out from a small rectangle of steel, i.e. mostly useless. Oh yes, and it comes in a flimsy plastic sheath, oh joy. On the other hand I only paid $1.39 for this thing so I didn't lose much.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth having even it was free, August 5, 2012
Item is amazingly cheap and flimsy--not worth the $13 I paid for it for sure. The basket is white plastic coated wire, just like standard wire shelving common here in Florida, except the wire is very thin and flimsy. The spacing is so wide that many objects will just fall out.

The so-called tray is the same kind of plastic that serves as plastic wrap for so many products--the really tough stuff that you need really sharp scissors to remove--except this is so thin I feel that I have to handle it gently to keep if from tearing. It will hold a glass, but if the glass is full, it strains this flimsy stuff (you can see the tray in the photo if look really closely--it's that cloudy looking area at the bottom third of the basket). The tray is needed to keep objects from falling though the wide spacing of the basket bottom wires.

Mounting is nothing but some Velcro strips, except--you guessed it--real Velcro is sturdier. You can indeed mount it to the front of a walker, but it likely won't fit right or hold much weight. You would be far better off getting a sturdy basket at your local bicycle shop than trying to make this thing work. Amazon carries several baskets that cost no more and are far better quality, such as the Medline basket Medline Walker Basket for 2 Button Walkerfor 2 button walkers for only one dollar more.

UPDATE: The photo has been changed since I originally posted and perhaps the product itself is improved. The plastic tray that I received was clear plastic and very flimsy, the tray now pictured is white plastic. Perhaps this one is an improvement.

Smooth Trip Unisex Compact Travel Sewing Kit, Purple
Smooth Trip Unisex Compact Travel Sewing Kit, Purple
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $5.73
9 used & new from $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you need for street clothing emergency repairs, August 4, 2012
Rating the item only, not the shipper: This little sewing kit amazed me--far better quality than I expected. Not obvious to me from the photo is that everything snaps into the kit and is held nicely. You can hold the kit and shake it while upside down and nothing falls out! The kit has everything essential to make emergency repairs when traveling, held in a very small package.

NOTE: this is for ordinary street clothing, NOT for backpacking/survival

Kit contents:

top compartment: 3 straight pins with plastic heads, tweezers (just a piece of bent steel, but works well enough to pluck a hair out of my arm), tiny scissors (somewhat flimsy, but cuts thread no problem), needle threader

bottom compartment: 2 snaps, two white shirt buttons, safety pin, 3 needles, and thread holder with 6 colors: brown, khaki, blue, red, black, white, and black.
The kit snaps shut with a strong catch that actually works very well; likewise the kit is actually hinged, not just another flexible piece of plastic that soon breaks from being used.

For under $10 this is a great value and will be in my carry-on from now on. (I'm hoping that the tiny scissors will pass with airport security.) Individual items are somewhat flimsy but they all work well, which is really all I can ask--chrome plating is an unnecessary option. If I lost this kit, I would buy another right away.

DMI Walker Tray, Gray
DMI Walker Tray, Gray
11 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Actual dimensions of the "universal" tray, August 3, 2012
Posting here at the 5-star reviews in reply to many of the negative reviews. Most of the one-star reviews are because the tray does not fit their particular walker--apparently the tray is not actually "universal" but is actually like "one size fits most" clothing. Hoping that they might be helpful, here are the exact dimensions of my tray (N.B. there is no way to know if all the trays are manufactured to the same dimensions):

First of all, to fit my walker properly, the pointed side and the cup holes are towards the user as shown in the photo. (If I put it with the cup holes at the top the tray doesn't sit right.) The tray itself is (outside dimensions, all measurements in inches), 20 ¾ wide by 14 ½ vertical on each side (sides measured parallel to the length of the slots), with the depth at the point in the middle being 15 ¾. (Cup holes are 2 ½ in diameter.)

Each slot is 1 7/8 wide by 11 ½ long inside measurements. From center to center, top and bottom, the slots are 18 apart (in the photo it looks like the slots are slanted, but they are actually parallel). The slots are 19 7/8 apart measured from outside to outside of each slot and 16 apart measured from near edge of near edge of each slot.

I have found it an excellent and helpful tray that allows me to transport food and drink while still getting the stability benefits of using a walker with two hands (as opposed to using one hand for the food and one hand for the walker).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 9:00 AM PDT

Dungeons and Dragons 4E Dungeon Masters Token Set
Dungeons and Dragons 4E Dungeon Masters Token Set
5 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal For $25, July 6, 2012
Having read the all the reviews, I wondered--the one-star review (Do Not Buy) sounded like this was a piece of over-priced worthless junk. Responding to his points:

--Is the box too big? Only if you have very limited table room, in which case using the top for dice rolling might actually help. If the box were small, it would be hard to get my fat fingers into the token compartments.
--Is the box cheap wood? It is very light wood and mine was made in Malaysia. The wood is typical of Asian wood products that I have seen, is put together well, and is plenty sturdy enough for dice and tokens (the one star guy worries that it might break if dropped. Really? Dropped things break? Who knew...), and it is REAL WOOD instead of plastic--I like real wood. If you love only plastic, don't buy it.
--The dice bounce around and take a long time to settle and don't settle well. Most people like it if the dice bounce around for--wait for it--half a second. (I love dice towers--check them out if like me you like watching the dice.) And even my d30 settles down in a second, so it works fine for me.
--markers are hard to pick up. Well, yes, so is everything that is small if you have big fingers like me.
--The bloodied markers are too small to go under minis? Well, yes--they work fine and fit into small space pointing to the mini from the side. Works fine in a crowded situation. If you want under mini tokens, get some red poker chips. So how would you improve the markers and still keep them inside a 1" square? If they were bigger, this guy would probably complain that they were too big and hid the terrain or something.

My opinion as a 30+ year GM? Great deal for $25 and very helpful to me, especially with the 4e system and (a matter of individual taste) it looks nice. Not all tokens suit the style of every GM. If you demand perfection in everything, don't buy this. Otherwise just use or alter what tokens you want and move on. If something happened to my set, I would buy a replacement.

Battle Earth III
Battle Earth III
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars the fourth book of a trilogy?, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Battle Earth III (Kindle Edition)
Before I start reading this series I just have one question: What happened to the "trilogy" this was supposed to be? Is this fourth book the start of a new trilogy, or was it decided to just stretch the story out? I.e.: Does this story ever have a resolution or does it just go on and on?

Opps! That was three, not one question, even though one question really would have done it...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6