Profile for D. Veith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Veith "DaveinCary" RSS Feed (Cary)

Rocksmith
Rocksmith
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $47.90
86 used & new from $4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to happen to my Guitar., January 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rocksmith (Video Game)
I seldom review any of my purchases but Rocksmith definitely requires a few words.

I have been a beginning guitar player for 2 years, I am 65 years old and have been taking online courses, reading books, and even a short stint with a teacher. Two years and quite frankly not much progress. With Rocksmith, I am now having fun... I just downloaded "Smoke on the Water" and have spent the last hour enjoying every minute of my time with my guitar.

If you have any desire to play a guitar, get Rocksmith. It's fun and you can make music immediately.

Senseo SL7832/55 Single Serve Supreme Coffee Machine, Chrome
Senseo SL7832/55 Single Serve Supreme Coffee Machine, Chrome
2 used & new from $259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Check out cafejo.com for pods., November 23, 2010
Love both of my Senseos especially since I started buying coffee pods from cafejo.com. I prefer the French roast and Kenya since they both make strong cups of coffee. There are many other types of coffes as well as tea pods. As for the concern that the Senseo pods get stale, all of the pods from cafejo are individually wrapped in foil. These pods are not inexpensive but the quality of the coffee I get from my Senseo using these pods makes it worth the cost to me. Have been buying 12 boxes of pods at a time and have never been displeased.

10 Disk Karaoke CDG Set SGB TOOLBOX - 201 Song Pack by Sweet Georgia Brown
10 Disk Karaoke CDG Set SGB TOOLBOX - 201 Song Pack by Sweet Georgia Brown
Offered by TSC KARAOKE BUFFALO
Price: $12.79
8 used & new from $6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not CDG, July 26, 2010
You know how it is? "If it looks too good to be true, it is?" Well, I just received my 10 disks which I have been looking forward to receiving for a couple days only to find that they aren't cdg format. What I got was CDA tracks. I can listen to all the songs without vocals but there are no cdg files to view the words. Not much fun and not worth listening to.

I have contacted the seller hoping to find out that this was a fluke and the cdg files are on the way. Otherwise, I'd check closely before purchasing these disks.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 8:13 AM PDT

Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
Price: $629.00
9 used & new from $629.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 210 pounds. No way. No how., October 12, 2009
This review is from: Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym (Sports)
I don't usually review items I buy but I think the major flaw with the Bowflex line and the PR3000 needs to be stressed for people who don't have a chance to check them out prior to buying one.

I tried one prior to purchase and also read the reviews so I was prepared to add additional rods to my PR3000, which I really like by the way. So for you guys and gals who have been lifting free weights at the gym, here is my try at telling you what you need....

I am 6'3" tall and the machine fits me well. When I go to the gym, my chest workout after warming up is 3 sets of 8-10 reps with 135# (olympic bar with 45# plates on each end). By the end of the 3 sets, I'm flat done. When I got the Bowflex, I used the entire 210#, did 3 sets of 20 and could have done more.

Today, I put on the 310# and the 410# upgrade. With the 410#, I can do 8 reps and I'm done. The 310# weight just about equals the 135# I was using at the gym. I also tried moving the seat forward (4" block behind my back) this made the 210# weight stack better but not good enough, also was bending the rods pretty far.

All in all, I don't agree with the reviewer who said that the PR3000 is not enough, I downloaded the book for the Bowflex Ultimate II and use a lot of the exercises from that book. But I do agree with everyone that say not to consider 210# to be adequate in most cases. I could not find anything on the Nautilus/Bowflex sites that explains how they determine their weights but believe me when I say, I could not find anyway to justify 210# rating on this equipment.

Also, ebay sells a hook for the rod stacks that makes it a lot easier to hook multiple rods together. Necessary if you go to 410#.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 2:59 PM PDT