Profile for Jennifer Di Giacomo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Di Giacomo "MrsDiGiacomo" RSS Feed (Ottawa, ON, CA)

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series
Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series
DVD ~ David Attenborough
Price: $49.99
30 used & new from $2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, October 4, 2013
Our whole family loves this, from Grandma and Grandpa to my 2 and 3 year old boys, and everyone in between.

The pictures are beautiful and captivating, and it boasts an educational experience that is thoroughly enjoyable.

I only wish there was a french version included.

IMUSA, VICTORIA-85008, Cast Iron Tortilla Press, Black, 8-Inches
IMUSA, VICTORIA-85008, Cast Iron Tortilla Press, Black, 8-Inches
Price: $25.49
17 used & new from $17.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as I expected, October 4, 2013
This is exactly what I expected.
Cast iron (heavy and heavy-duty), easy to use (much easier than rolling out dough), and you can use any recipe in it. We make tortillas with ingredients ranging from sourdough to white wheat to corn flour.

I would consider buying a larger one since these wraps come out a bit small for when you want to put a lot of ingredients in (such as breakfast wraps which include scrambled eggs, cheese, peppers and onions, and hash browns for full breakfast on the go).

Good product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2013 1:07 PM PST

Kids Songs
Kids Songs
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love these songs!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Kids Songs (Audio CD)
My boys, now 3 and almost 2, have been listening to these songs, and watching the videos he created, and they can't stop singing them. These songs are simple but catchy and great for learning.

Dozen Train Whistles
Dozen Train Whistles
Offered by We got It All
Price: $7.72
14 used & new from $7.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but quite cheap, November 19, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dozen Train Whistles (Toy)
We bought these, along with red bandanas and blue, cotton conductor's hats, to give out as unisex party favours at my son's third birthday party. These were cute as cheap party favours (or maybe prizes), but I wouldn't use them as gifts.

Some of the whistles were misshapen.

One Dozen Red Cowboy Bandanas
One Dozen Red Cowboy Bandanas
Offered by Great Price Fast Service
Price: $6.17
11 used & new from $4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but cheap, November 19, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We bought these, along with train whistles and blue, cotton conductor's hats, to give out as unisex party favours at my son's third birthday party. These were cute as cheap party favours (or maybe prizes), but I wouldn't use them as gifts.

Childs Cotton Train Conductor Hats (1 dz)
Childs Cotton Train Conductor Hats (1 dz)
Offered by Vendare
Price: $13.50
18 used & new from $13.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but very cheap, November 19, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
We bought these, along with train whistles and red bandanas, to give out as unisex party favours at my son's third birthday party. These were cute as cheap party favours (or maybe prizes), but I wouldn't use them as gifts.

Raising rabbits the modern way
Raising rabbits the modern way
by Bob Bennett
Edition: Unknown Binding
2 used & new from $9.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for starting out, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Raising rabbits the modern way
My husband and I are planning to raise/breed meat rabbits for our family to eat and didn't know where to start. This book is very simple and detailed in how to do things, how to do it right, and how to do it efficiently (for your time and money).
It's a great starting out point if you know next-to-nothing about rabbit raising like we do. It is missing some things that I'm interested in, like free-range/natural feeding, and there are some things I don't agree with, like forced breeding, but overall this is a very useful book. After reading it I feel confident enough to go and buy the supplies and start raising rabbits immediately.
I will be moving to his updated version in Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits, by the same author, Bob Bennett.

Graco Ready2Grow Classic Connect LX Stroller, Metropolis
Graco Ready2Grow Classic Connect LX Stroller, Metropolis
Price: $142.98
21 used & new from $119.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I hoped or expected, April 14, 2012
I spent far too many hours researching a stroller that would work for our family needs and budget. By the time my 3rd comes, we'll have 3 under 3 (my oldest will be 6 months away from his birthday), we rely almost completely on the bus (a rented car once in a while) and my husband is a student and working only part time (so no $700 stroller for us). This one seemed compact, light, and had a few different seating options. Against another comparably priced stroller this naturally looked like a good fit, but I wish we could take it back.

Pros:
Several different seating options (we've used only two so far since we don't need the car seat)
Stands on its own when folded
Folds and opens one handed
Relatively light
Fairly maneuverable on straight, flat roads
Small (length and width) for a double stroller
2 canopies, one for each seating area (my husband found this especially good)

Cons:
Front seat is very shallow (my 2 1/4 year old looks very uncomfortable and he's only average height for his age)
The brake is VERY hard to lock into place (sometimes it's 3 times, plus rolling it back and forth, to get it to lock)
Cheap, plastic wheels with no grip (stroller slides easily on the bus, even when the brake is locked)
Back/Upper seat only has one position (cannot be more or less reclined)
Hard to maneuver with weight in it or when steering on any kind of incline

For the price ($100 more expensive in Canada), this stroller feels cheap and I expected much more bang for my buck. I give it three stars only because my oldest likes sitting on the bench seat right now, otherwise I would only give it two.