Profile for Clyde Horrocks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clyde Horrocks RSS Feed (Granite Bay, Ca United States)

Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic (Collector's Tin)
Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic (Collector's Tin)
DVD ~ Milt Albright
Offered by HAPPYLITEONLINE
Price: $199.95
4 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Disney Treat, January 20, 2008
This was purchased as a gift, for an avid Disney fan. She loves it and has shared it with friends and family. All have enjoyed and are still enjoying.

The City and the Stars and the Sands of Mars
The City and the Stars and the Sands of Mars
by Arthur C. Clarke
23 used & new from $32.83

5.0 out of 5 stars The City and the Stars for Ever, January 5, 2002
I read The City and the Stars for the first time in High School in probably 1969 or 1970. It was by far the most profound novel I had ever read. All I could remember was being so upset when it was over. I wanted more. It is that kind of story. You step into another world and you are really there. This book is the one that converted me to Science fiction. I bought the book again in the early 1990's. It was a revised edition and somethings were different.But it was still very good. (I liked the original the best). Arthur C. Clarke is much greater than 2001. This book shows it. Thanks Arthur!

LA Ciudad Y Las Estrellas/the City and the Stars (Spanish Edition)
LA Ciudad Y Las Estrellas/the City and the Stars (Spanish Edition)
by Arthur C. Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars The City and the Stars, January 5, 2002
I originally read this book in the 1960's. I remember when I was done all I could think was,is there going to be another book? You see I couldn't get enough. Somewhere between then and the early 90's I lost the book. I bought it again in a revised version which I didn't like quite as well but it was still very good. The thing about this story is I actually felt as though I was there. If you haven't read "The City and the Stars" I highly recomend it. It is a timeless work that in my mind is one of Arthur C. Clarkes best works. It was probably the one book that led me to be a science fiction reader. I did read the english version.