Profile for L. Recker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Recker "LisaRex" RSS Feed (Cincinnati, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax, iOS/Tablet/Smartphone/AirPrint Compatible (C11CB92201)
Offered by Dream Deal
Price: $250.95
37 used & new from $139.99

1.0 out of 5 stars "Cannot recognize the cartridges", November 11, 2012
Spent an hour unpacking and installing this printer. I installed the ink cartridges that came with the printer, and they are marked as genuine Epson cartridges. Yet, every time I go to print, I get an error message that says the printer cannot recognize any of the ink cartridges. And it won't let me do anything after that except reinsert each and every cartridge. Then I have to wait for the ink cartridges to be warmed up, then it will allow me to print exactly one print job before resorting back to the "cannot recognize the ink cartridges" error message. Complete waste of my time and money. I will pack it all up and return to Amazon.

Picnic Time Meritage Insulated Triangular Wine and Cheese Cooler Tote, Olive Green
Price: $58.33
20 used & new from $58.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for wine lovers, September 6, 2012
I gave this as a gift to a friend who's a wine lover. She LOVED it, as did all the other guests at the party. Lots of people asked me where I got it.

My only minor complaint is that the corkscrew was a little cheap. But I replaced it with a nicer one.

Chicago Cutlery 1090390 Fusion 18-Piece Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel with Honey Maple Wood Block
Price: $131.27
21 used & new from $118.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have good knives, September 6, 2012
My daughter went off to college and took my old knife set. I replaced mine with this set. So far, I'm very happy with it. The knives are very sharp, and the display is functional and stylish.

I put the steak knives in the dishwasher, but hand wash the other knives. After several months, I still haven't had to sharpen them with the included knife sharpener.

It's probably not the best knife set for a gourmet chef, but for the casual cook, they are perfect. And the price is right.

Anchor Hocking 68349 3-3/8 Inch Diameter x 3-1/2 Inch Height, 10.5-Ounce Tartan Rocks Glass (Case of 12)
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $38.00
3 used & new from $32.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sturdy glasses, September 6, 2012
Stylish enough to serve as a highball glass, but casual enough for everyday use. I had these glasses for years before replacing them with another thinner set. That didn't last long. Repeated washing in the dishwasher and pushes on the automatic ice maker cracked a lot of the thinner glasses. When it was time to replace them, I went back to the tried and true Tartan style.

rooCASE Multi-Angle Leather (Red) Case Cover with for 4th Generation iPad with Retina Display / the new iPad 3rd / Apple iPad 2 (Automatically Wakes and Puts the iPad to Sleep)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cover!, September 6, 2012
I got an iPad and iPad cover for a friend who's battling cancer. Thought it would make a nice gift for when she's doing her chemo and radiation treatments. I really like this cover. The red makes it easy to find and the stand is very convenient. It fits the iPad 2 well, so that you can still access all the buttons while having a nice reading/gaming platform.

I paid more for my black leather cover and I have to say, I like this one better.

Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
Price: Click here to see our price
154 used & new from $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Little demon of a vacuum, September 6, 2012
I bought this to replace a small Dirt Devil that broke. The Dirt Devil was okay, but serviceable because I used it only on the carpeted stairs.

The price and reviews on this vacuum led me to purchase it. And I'm really impressed with its ability to pick up dog hair and dust. I've gone beyond the stairs, to places that I can't reach with my conventional vacuum cleaner.

Great product for a great price.

Forever His: A Time-Travel Romance (Stolen Brides Series Book 1)
Forever His: A Time-Travel Romance (Stolen Brides Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly researched; contrived plot, September 3, 2012
SPOILER ALERT

Celine is a thoroughly modern implant into the Middle Ages, and yet she blends seamlessly into society. Oookay. Before too long, she's winning over the entire village by making them pizza, which is a real trick given that it's 200 years before tomatoes were brought to Europe from the new world. Oh well, who needs research when you have a sinewy man around?

Instead of teaching them how to cook new foods, I wondered why she wasn't giving them lessons on hygiene and the spread of infectious disease so that they would be possibly spared when the Black Plague hit. It was a perfect opportunity when the kitten was introduced, but, alas, it didn't enter Celine's mind. I guess we all have our own priorities.

The convenience of having a time traveler expert in the very village she ended up with seemed awfully convenient. But having skilled time-traveling neurosurgeons around so that they could cure her of her ailment, and allow her to stay with her devoted husband, was the icing on the cake. A sprinkling of fairy dust would have seem less contrived.

Playaboule Glo Lighted 107mm Bocce Ball Set
Playaboule Glo Lighted 107mm Bocce Ball Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit!, August 8, 2010
Bought these for my daughter's high school graduation party. They were a huge hit with the teenagers. It was very cool to watch the balls being tossed around in the dark yard.

The adults have already asked for us to plan an adult night bocce party.

Panasonic PT-43LC14 43-Inch Widescreen HD-Ready LCD Projection Television
Panasonic PT-43LC14 43-Inch Widescreen HD-Ready LCD Projection Television

1.0 out of 5 stars What a mistake, October 18, 2009
My husband and I bought this t.v. for my parents as a gift to them for helping us remodel our kitchen. We bought it in December 2005.

We are now the proud owners of the television after they received notice that the bulb needed to be replaced. Again. The first replacement bulb (7/07) set them back $450! On a $1200 t.v.! Acc to Panasonic, the bulb is now *only* $250.

Bottom line: instead of forking out another $250, and spending good money chasing a crappy product, they went out and bought a new Sony plasma t.v.

I'm embarrassed that I bought such a pile of junk for my parents. I stuck to a brand name because I thought the quality would be better. Boy was I wrong. Panasonic should be ashamed of themselves for soaking people hundreds of dollars for a part that probably costs them $10.

Maxell P-2 2-G Rechargeable Back-Up Battery Pack
Maxell P-2 2-G Rechargeable Back-Up Battery Pack
Offered by OrangeOnions
Price: $10.37
6 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, October 2, 2007
I have an iPod classic (video) 80GB. I originally bought the battery pack for my 30GB iPod, but it kicked the bucket before I could try it. So I was hoping it would work with the gen. 6 models.

I'm pleased to report that it worked well, at least in initial tests. It fit into the sleeve snugly and the supplied battery to iPod cord fit well into the iPod. When I turned on the battery back-up, the charging light on the iPod increased to full. I'd imagine that it would decrease as the AA batteries are drained so you'll know if you have to put in new AA batteries.

Remember that this isn't a re-charger but rather a battery extender. If you allow the iPod battery to drain, this won't ressurect it. So if you're type A, you might want to pack an extra set of batteries in case the battery gauge gets too low for comfort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3