Profile for Manthano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Manthano "reader, thinker, doer" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
The Miraculous Results Of  Extremely High Doses Of  The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3  My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25,000 To 50,000 To 100,000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period
The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25,000 To 50,000 To 100,000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period
by Jeff T Bowles
Price: $9.99
30 used & new from $7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff is a genius, March 12, 2015
As a biologist trained in evolutionary biology, I think Jeff Bowles theory is the work of genius. Some may object to lack of evidentiary proof with evolution-based theories, but if enough circumstantial resemblances (to a situation in the past) pile up, then it is good evidence.
I myself have been taking D3 for 20 years, at a level of 4-5,000 iu. I have upped this to a level of 10-15,000 recently, plus vitamin k2.
I can't say I've cured myself of anything from this regimen - maybe because it avoided disease.
But at age 71, just yesterday I had to pick up a car 600 miles away. So I took an overnight train leaving station at 3:20 AM, and arrived destination at 1:30 PM. Then I ran around to get car ready and left at 5:30 PM. I drove back with only two brief stops and arrived back at 4 AM.
I felt very little fatigue, just a bit of mild tiredness. A 1200 mile round trip would have exhausted many my age.
I take also Niacin and vitamin C. 3g of B3 (Niacin powder) and 4 g of ascorbic +/- 25% in any day.
I also "force vegetables" to get 6-8 vegetables a day. On the trip, I drank coffee, V8 juice, and a few Cliff bars. Not much coffee, it's a habit. And I avoided any sugar or refined carbos. When driving 10 hours, I didn't want to crash, and I didn't. (I kept watching myself to see if I was exhausted - as driving while tired is dangerous. It didn't happen.)
At my age I am planning to get a chiropractor degree, God willing, I plan to live another 25 years. Thanks for listening.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2015 7:40 AM PDT

Partical charming 10Pcs Cosmetic Liquid Clear Sample mug small Cap Seal Vials Reagent Container 10ml

5.0 out of 5 stars functional polypropylene vials, March 12, 2015
These of course are PP - polypropylene. PP and PE are inert to nearly everything - HF, HNO3, acetone, you name it.
I have these and they are perfectly functional.
I have used these for travel amounts of medicines - cut and burn ointment, alcohol.
They would be good to carry these things: zinc lozenges to avert a cold, emergency aspirin for heart patients, etc.

Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Garden Soil, 1.5-Cubic Feet (currently ships to select Northeastern & Midwestern states)
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product - suspected health issue, March 8, 2015
I bought this (MI - mine said "organic" as well as moisture control.), and I noticed the soil seemed to have been chemically treated - it actually repelled the water at first. I thought, "They have treated it to flow through their processing machinery."
The bad news, though, it had a strong mildew smell, like toxic mold. I had it in some potted plants overnight in my apartment, and when I woke up, there was a pervasive mildew smell everywhere. I then treated everything with bleach which had held it. All the plantings and seeds were dumped immediately. I react to the smell with a "toxic" feeling and headache. I am NOT a hypochondriac type person. I have a background in organic chemistry from an institution you would recognize, with experience in natural products and some toxicology. My nose doesn't like this product!
I have done a fair amount of gardening, and this soil is something I would not want to have around me.

Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock
Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock
Price: $69.99
361 used & new from $46.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser does QC by Customer Return, March 4, 2015
my unit stopped working after 5 hours of use.
it came shipped without padding, thrown in a CC box. Careless - "We got your money, here's your crap."
The negatives are heavy clunky ear pieces, and a clunky design that ruins your hearing by blasting you with hi freak sound.
It's a "feature" that the unit blasts loud hi freak sound whenever it does not get audio input.
Not a good listening experience.
That's about it. Too bad a careless manager and engineer made bad design choices - the right way is to transmit silent carrier all the time - The auto-shutoff is stupid, since a silent carrier does not use much energy anyway. Probably some politically correct "euro spasm" to be "green." eek!

Dragon Premium 13.0, English [Download]
Dragon Premium 13.0, English [Download]
Price: $116.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the Poison BAIT !, February 13, 2015
This software works like a charm for some, but is poison bait for an equal number of people. Best strategy is to download the thing under an
iron clad money back guarantee and BAIL! if there is ANY trouble - limit your install time to 2 hours say.
Then just go back to typing. And don't forget to leave a bad review if it won't install. (and a good one if it does.)
I have DNS 12 and it works fine, but I have no illusions about this flawed product. Nuance needs to sell a guaranteed machine like Apple does.
There seem to be driver problems or other bad interactions spoiling the install for many people.
A $400 "box" that plugs onto your monitor would be useful for many. Otherwise, take your chances and Bail! from BAIT.
I left a 4 star review because its great when it works. But really it depends - If it doesn't install, it's useless 0 star!

BulkSupplements Pure Vitamin B12 1% (Cyanocobalamin) Powder (50 grams)
BulkSupplements Pure Vitamin B12 1% (Cyanocobalamin) Powder (50 grams)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $13.96
2 used & new from $13.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Bulk pays for good reviews - but this product is questionable, here's why, February 6, 2015
If you calculate the dosages, this powder will last you a year at 2500 mcg a day, roughly. That's about 18-19$.
I've been able to buy pills (2500 quick dissolve, can be used as lozenges) for about the same cost for a year. (from C ost Co)
Now, pills are MUCH more convenient than weighing out powder every day.
The benefit of powder is you save money, and in cases where you take a large dose (such as say vit C at 8 grams a day), powders can be easier to take than choking down pills.
Since neither is true here, this deal is not to good.
Bulk Supplements is pumping these reviews by offering free product to reviewers. So don't get carried away by these bought reviews.
That is under cutting the usefulness of Amazon reviews, and should be stopped, since it falsely elevates the review scores. It's cheating.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2015 8:19 AM PDT

Thinkers of the East
Thinkers of the East
by Idries Shah
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical spiritual advice based on Sufi self advancement wisdom, January 25, 2015
This review is from: Thinkers of the East (Paperback)
I think Idries Shah has many practical things to say about spiritual advancement. It's rare to hear someone say practical things
about the actual process of spiritual enlightenment. This process is first of all focused on man's ignorance, and Idries Shah is aware
of that deficit. Removing ignorance comes first, then advancement to the life of spirit can occur.

Fenzer Rechargeable Cordless Phone Battery for Panasonic KX-TGA600B KX-TGA600M Cordless Telephone Battery Replacement Pack
Offered by EZFindDeals
Price: $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 24, 2015
worked for a year so far. Ordering several more.

2 Pack GlobalToner New Compatible Replacement HP CE285A/CB435A Toner Cartridge
2 Pack GlobalToner New Compatible Replacement HP CE285A/CB435A Toner Cartridge
Offered by Global Toner
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $22.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, December 29, 2014
fast delivery and worked fine.
Of course, feel free to pay 4X more for HP, but these
were fine.

The Way of Serenity: Finding Peace and Happiness in the Serenity Prayer
The Way of Serenity: Finding Peace and Happiness in the Serenity Prayer
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Catholic Self Help - What is it?, November 17, 2014
Although I gave it 5 stars, this review is about the category that Amazon emblazes at the top of the book page: "Catholicism Self Help."
In other words, "Catholics Only." I don't get it. Is a book on Sufism going to be labelled "Muslim Self Help?" Or MLK "African American Self Help?" Or Benjamin Franklin, "White Self Help?" "Protestant Self Help?" Is Dante "Catholic Self Help?" or does he have universal value?

I for one am tired of self appointed-activists dividing us into warring factions, and I am not encouraged to read this book is "Catholicism self help." What exactly is that? I am not a Catholic per se, but I read various Catholic authors, since after all, the Catholic Church was the Christian Church for thousands of years. I am quite sure Martin Luther King (note the middle name!) would not applaud all this divisiveness and labeling.

As a broader question, "Is this book indeed primarily a 'Catholic' self help manual? Also, I have read a book by the former Pope, Pope Benedict, who was theologically oriented, and I did not find any orientation in there of a Christianity called 'Catholic Christianity?" Please let me know in comments about all this. Thanks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19