Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now HTL
Profile for Mulberry Lane > Reviews

Mulberry Lane's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mulberry Lane "Nutty Mommy" RSS Feed (Spring, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Ed Emberley's Big Orange Drawing Book
Ed Emberley's Big Orange Drawing Book
by Ed Emberley
33 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tool for begginners!, April 14, 2011
My 8 yr old son has tried many other drawing books with no luck. He just about gave up when his school librarian handed him this one. He brought it home and actually spent time recreating what was on the pages. A bit later, he emerged with a masterpeice! My son was so proud of his work as I as was as well! The pages are colorful and inspiring. And they aren't difficult at all. Very basic concepts for little ones who really want to create something, but are struggling on how to approach it. 5 stars from my son and I!

Crayola Colored Bubbles Wand Set
Crayola Colored Bubbles Wand Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute MESS, April 14, 2011
Being a Crayola product, I assumed it would be as much fun and washable as other Crayola products are. I bought the green bubbles and handed them to my 4 yr old and my 8 yr old and let them play with them as I cleaned out my garage. To be honest, the bottle itself is a fantastic idea. It's very hard for little ones to tip and spill it as there are little rubble flaps that stop it from gushing out. Now, with that said, moving onto the rest of it. There are now STAINS on my car door handle, garage floor, side of the house, clothing, shoes, driveway... even the birdbath. The color DOES NOT come out. 3 of my neighbors and their children stood outside watching me clean my boys with a bucket of soap and a garden hose. It came out of their hair, but their scalps are green. Their palms are green. I can't even get it out of their ears. When kids play, they play hard. This is NOT a product that's suitable for children. In fact, I would be happier if they discontinued it all together. As I said, being a Crayola product I expected more. From now on, I will be more cautious with Crayola, as I don't want any repeats. And I will never reccomend this product to anyone, as well as I have already begun spreading the word that it is nothing but a pain and a terrible, terrible mess. Save yourself the trouble, and don't waste your time and money. I am sorry that I did!

Up - Nintendo Wii
Up - Nintendo Wii
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $15.99
39 used & new from $2.23

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, June 12, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Up - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I purchased this game for my 6 year old son after seeing a commercial for it on TV. It seemed like a fun, easy game that children of all ages could play.
About 5 minutes after putting it into the Wii, my son had to hand the remote to my husband because the game was too difficult. Turns out my husband had a tough time with it as well. The part where you're flying and trying to shoot down the other aircrafts is very hard for younger kids.
There are a few parts where my son could go forth by himself, but with great aggrivation.
The UP game is now sitting on the shelf, after an hour of play time. And neither my son, nor my husband have any incling to pull it back out.
I would definately not reccomend this game to anyone.
I did, however, give it 2 stars, as the graphics are very good and the characters have a good sense of humor when they speak.

Super Paper Mario
Super Paper Mario
Price: $38.90
118 used & new from $9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately a winner, April 26, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Paper Mario (Video Game)
I purchased this game after going through so many games that seemed to be nothing more than a flop for me. And I am pleasantly surprised! The graphics are amazing, the storyline is interesting and the concept is easy to understand. Even my 5 year old is enjoying it. There are a few points where he needs assistance, but other than that he's enjoying it just as much as I am. Even my husband finds himself "backseat driving" from the couch!
It's the classic Mario; a blast from the past. He jumps up and bashes boxes, hops on turtles, and catches flying coins. But there is a little twist in this game that makes it even better than the origional. He can flip between 2D and 3D, making your perspective look different. Thus showing you secret passways and revealing tunnels to get you through when you really thought all hope was lost. But make sure your not in the 3D for too long, or you will loose life. (Approx any longer than 30 seconds)
I would hands down reccomend this game to anyone looking for something fun and out of the ordinary "shoot 'em up" games. Excellant for children (in my opinion ages 5 and up) and adults as well.
Have fun!

Wednesday Is Spaghetti and Macaroni and Fettucine and Pasta Salads and More (Everyday Cookbooks)
by Time Life
77 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had in mind, September 5, 2007
I bought this book for more meal ideas, and since buying it, it has done nothing more than collect dust on my shelf. There are no pictures in the book, and the 3 recipies that I did try out of it, came out horrible. Many of the ingredients are expensive or hard to find, and most kids won't even look at anything in the book as appetizing.
I do not recommend this book to anyone.

ALEX Toys - Artist Studio, Clickable Finger Crayons, 248S
ALEX Toys - Artist Studio, Clickable Finger Crayons, 248S

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, September 5, 2007
My 4 year old has gone through what seems like a million crayons. He breaks them, steps on them, throws them, sharpens them... Not always on purpose, but they always seem to get broken and Mommy's out buying more. The price on washable, non toxic crayons does get heafty when your always buying them. Then I remembered Finger Crayons, my parents bought them for me and my 2 siblings, and they lasted for a long time. So, I ordered them and they have been a huge hit in the house. Even my 1 year old loves them, although they can still fit in his mouth when Mommy's back is turned. They are very chunky, which makes them more difficult to break, and inspire creativity from drawing with your finger tips as well as with your hands like a normal crayon.
5 stars from my family, and also from my sister's family, because I bought her daughter some and she loves them too!!!

Creative Zen Stone Plus 2 GB MP3 Player (Pink)
Creative Zen Stone Plus 2 GB MP3 Player (Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, September 3, 2007
I oredered this mp3 player to replace my old Sandisk player. I use it daily while I'm cleaning the house or walking around at the grocery store. And with 2 small kids in the house, I needed something durable.
I was immediately shocked when I opened the box to see just how small it is. The player is about the size of a Zippo lighter, measuring approx. 2" x 1". Very very lightweight and the small screen is exceptionally bright, which makes it easy to read. The player has a shuffle option which was a major bonus with me, but it could only hold 78 songs maximum at a time.
I took it out of the box, hooked it up and followed the directions that were very easy to follow for setting it up. Then I left it to charge for 3 hours before downloading my songs onto it. The download went very slow compared to my other mp3 players, taking about 40 minutes to get the 78 songs on it.
After haveing charged it for 3 hours or so, the battery only lasted me about 7 hours, which it said it would go for approx. 10 hours making it a dissapointment for me. So I went and ordered the adapter to charge it via the outlet versus the computer, at the tune of $35.00.
The sound quality is excellant and so far the little thing has been very durable, as I have accidentally dropped it twice, and even lent it to my 4 year old for a car ride.
The buttons aren't as sensative as I would've liked. I really need to push 'em to get the song to change, and with every song change you need to push the button twice.
I wouldn't recommend this player to anyone.

Ty Pudder - Pink Bear
Ty Pudder - Pink Bear
7 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cuddleable, April 27, 2007
This review is from: Ty Pudder - Pink Bear (Toy)
I bought this bear for my neice who had just passed her one month birthday. Both of my children have different veriations of this, and they are the most durable and safe stuffed animals I have found yet. If they get dirty, they go right into the washing machine then to the dryer and come out just fine. My kids take theirs wherever they go, and none of the eyes/nose or anythigng else pop off. I've even tried to pry the beaded eyes out myself, just to make sure it wouldn't be a choking hazard for younger children and they just don't budge. My neice loves her pink bear. It's bright and cuddley. The fabric is very very soft and the bear is quite squishy. My 6 month old son has acctually fallen asleep ontop of his. I Highly recommend this bear, as well as any other "Pluffies" to any child or adult of any age!

"Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!"
"Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!"
by Wallace Tripp
Price: $11.25
88 used & new from $5.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Engaging Book, April 27, 2007
I bought this book for my 4 1/2 year old son, and he begged me to read it just after he opened it. It's a very engaging book and held his attention pretty well. The only gripe I would have is that it is very repetitious. Over and over again it describes the animals reasons for the elephant not to sneeze. But he still enjoyed it, and he would say the last line of just about every page, "Please Don't Sneeze". I would not recommend this book for children much younger than him, due to the chance of them getting board by the repetition. But I would definately recommend that any child 4 or over read this book. The illustrations are very bright and lively, and quite silly on some.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
by Bill Martin
Edition: Board book
Price: $4.99
498 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Scary, October 23, 2006
The author/illustrator of this book has done quite a few other children's books, and my son of 3 years is actually afraid of the pictures in all of them. It teaches colors and recognition of different animals very well, and the colors used are very vibrant and catchy. I love that this book comes in boardbook form, but I am very dissapointed with the illustrations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 2:06 PM PDT