Profile for Tom Miner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom Miner RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Starbucks® Stainless Steel Tumbler - Teal, 12 Fl Oz
Starbucks® Stainless Steel Tumbler - Teal, 12 Fl Oz
Offered by dallastexasmedia
Price: $44.99
4 used & new from $39.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 12, 2014
Present for my wife to replace one she lost. She loves it!

DecoBros Spice Rack Stand holder with 18 bottles and 48 Labels, Chrome
DecoBros Spice Rack Stand holder with 18 bottles and 48 Labels, Chrome
Offered by PrettyStar Store
Price: $25.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic is plastic, not chrome, October 28, 2014
Inclusion of the word "chrome" in the description made me expect metal tops. No so. They are chrome colored plastic, which from experience tends to fracture overtime. Good, functional buy otherwise.

Sony KDL60W630B 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Sony KDL60W630B 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Price: $1,098.00
3 used & new from $988.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, poor sound, August 6, 2014
I've owned Sony TVs for over 25 years, going back to a Trinitron CRT (tops in its time) and most recently a 50 inch Bravia rear projection TV. This 60 inch model is awesome -- great color and sharp picture -- but it has one significant failing: poor sound quality. To get "normal" volume, we had to turn the set up to 30 on Sony's scale. As we love the TV, we opted for purchasing an external speaker, choosing the Bose Solo. The extra $359 was worth it as the sound now matches the picture. Too bad Sony couldn't deliver the entire package.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 5:41 AM PDT

Oral B CrossAction Power Toothbrush, Soft B1010S  (Pack of 3) (Colors May Vary)
Oral B CrossAction Power Toothbrush, Soft B1010S (Pack of 3) (Colors May Vary)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, June 19, 2014
I have used this model for the past 5 years as my travel toothbrush and found it to be excellent. The only problem is the need to replace the entire toothbrush, not just the head when the bristles wear down. This is a waste of resources. Oral B should design a truly reusable toothbrush. That would rate 5 stars.

AT&T CL2940BK Landline Telephone, 1-Handset
AT&T CL2940BK Landline Telephone, 1-Handset
Price: $24.99
139 used & new from $15.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school landline stylin', April 21, 2014
It's increasingly hard to find a corded landline phone. This AT&T unit is terrific, with its large keys, speakerphone, and caller ID display.

Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN)
Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN)
Price: Click here to see our price
57 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars SDHC lifespan, April 21, 2014
Can anyone give me an idea of what the lifespan is for SDHC cards? I've been using the same one for two years in my Sony RX100 (which I think is one of the best cameras I've ever owned), and bought the Sony 32GB SDHC as a backup.

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable suspence, March 12, 2014
"The Stone Man" is a very enjoyable read. Author Smitherd crafts a suspenseful tale that kept me engaged. I also liked his author notes at the end of the telling me more about himself, why he writes, and asking for reader support. He has mine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2014 3:34 AM PDT

New Balance Men's MX856 Training Shoe
New Balance Men's MX856 Training Shoe
Price: $104.95 - $199.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace insoles, July 24, 2013
I have been purchasing NB sneakers for the past 10 years or more for their wide sizes. In addition to declining quality, I have found the insoles to be totally inadequate -- thin with no cushioning. A reasonable solution is to remove the NB insole and replace it with a Dr. Scholl's massaging gel Sport insole (I first bought NB replacements, but they are 2-3 times the cost of Dr. Scholl's). I like the fact that the MX856 is American made. Hopefully, they will last longer than the past models I've worn that come from SE Asia.

Photography & Cinema 42mm CPL MagFilter Samsung Galaxy Camera Sony RX-100 camera
Offered by Photo Smart
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, April 17, 2013
The magnetic filter attachment is a good idea and overcomes Sony's failure to provide for attaching filters to its exceptional camera. I do find the polarizing effect difficult to see as you rotate the filter. If Carry Speed will produce additional filters for its system, e.g., UV and ND filters, I would give a higher rating.

Andoku Sudoku 2 Free
Andoku Sudoku 2 Free
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky game, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Andoku Sudoku 2 Free (App)
You ya for what you get. If you're into Sudoku, pay for a better version. I would not recommend this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3