Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Ronald D, Birch > Reviews

Browse

Ronald D, Birch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ronald D, Birch "consomate reader" RSS Feed (Spokane, Wash)

Study Guide for The Making of the West, Volume 1
Study Guide for The Making of the West, Volume 1
by Victoria Thompson
24 used & new from $1.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes studying very easy. It follows the text closely and asks provocative ..., December 6, 2014
Very helpful thus far. Makes studying very easy. It follows the text closely and asks provocative study questions. I would highly recommend it to anyone taking a course in Western Civilization.

The World Is Flat [Updated and Expanded]: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century
by Thomas L. Friedman
104 used & new from $0.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Justification for loss of american jobs?, April 13, 2013
I was thoroughly disappointed with this book. Friedman is an eceptional author and I have read his other works. But this book angered me more than anything else. As a matter a fact I should not be writing this review because I never finished the book. Beore I finished it I put it in the Good Will box.
If you enjoy reading how some Indian youth is moving up the economic scale at the expense of some American worker being put out of a job, this book is for you. I got a lttle tired of hearing how wonderful this is when nearly everyone in the United States has talked to an Indian they could barely understand if at all.
The worst part as far as I'm concerned is the justification for outsource being that if the company didn't do it they would fail. Any high school junior taking an Econ course is well aware that the primary reason for shipping jobs off shore is to improve the bottem line by taking advantage of cheap labor and low overhead which in turn improving stock holder dividends.
Globaliztion has not helped the average worker no matter how you look at it. For the most part, Multinational Corporations could care less about the average wage earner.
For the most part I like Freidman but I did not like this book nor would I recommed it.

Through Our Enemies Eyes
Through Our Enemies Eyes
by Anonymous
6 used & new from $7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, June 1, 2012
I'm not sure how I managed to make it through this book. Granted, the author was trying to tell his readers how terrible bin Laden is or was, but in my opinion he came very close to comaparing him to George Washington. He states over and over what a great leader he was and how dedicated to he was to the mission or cause even if that mission entailed killing as mnay americans as he could. He had nothing even remotely good to say about American efforts in counter terrorism and seemed to imply that we are to sit back and let him have his way against the terrible "Jews and Christians" for the terrible things they have done to Muslims. There is no mention of what Muslims have done to themselves or have done to Americans. I did not support the war in Iraq or the sanctions against the Iraqi people but lets put some of the blame where it belongs. I also feel American globalization in the Middle East has caused probems. I do think we are right to be conserned about some Mulim countries having nuclear weapons because based upon all the data quoted by this author coming from Islam, they would surely use them with no thought of the consequences.
I was apalled that the author is supposed to be a "seasoned" intellegence officer based on how he virtully supports terorism or as he calls it "insurgent" actions. He has other books out but I never read them no would I recommend them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2013 7:13 PM PDT

The Imperial Presidency
The Imperial Presidency
by Arthur Meier Schlesinger
Price: $22.76
64 used & new from $2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Schlesenger, August 24, 2008
Although this book was dated when I read it and is probably now considered a history book, I found it very enlighening and informative. I think perhaps the author tends to protect Kennedy and Roosevelt(II) but it is still a very good book. It reads very easily and has that Schlesneger signature. I would highly recommend the book to anyone interested in presidential history.

State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III
State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III
by Bob Woodward
69 used & new from $0.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Woodward tells it like it is., August 24, 2008
Bob Woodward once again shows his ablity as a writer. His book is not partisan and clearly states the background regardin Bush' decision to take the country to war. It is easy to read and quite informaive regardless of your political ideology. I would highly recommend it to those who don't feel they get the facts from the newspapers or the Sunday morning tald shows.