Profile for ImAGoen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ImAGoen RSS Feed (Kansas City, MO)

Page: 1 | 2
Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce, 16.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce, 16.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $29.10
7 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No fructose or corn syrup and it tastes great!, June 14, 2014
This is one of the few chocolate syrups that I have found made with real sugar. It also tastes great! As far as I know it does not have any hidden forms of MSG. It does include "Natural flavor" as one of the ingredients which is always suspect but since my family members that are sensitive to MSG have not had a reaction my assumption is that it does not contain any.

We use it mostly to make chocolate milk or to put over homemade ice cream.

Skechers Men's Gander Sandal,Brown,10 M US
Skechers Men's Gander Sandal,Brown,10 M US
Offered by Fusion Apparel
Price: $55.56

5.0 out of 5 stars More comfortable than I expected., June 14, 2014
I normally do not buy foot wear online since different brands tend to fit differently even when the size is the same. Amazon returns are easy so I decided to try these out. They fit just fine (size 10). These replace my old Nike sandals which I really liked but were worn out. Now these are my favorite.

These are more comfortable and have a nice cushy but solid feel and have become my footwear of choice 95% of the time. I may buy a couple of extra pairs to keep as backup to replace these once they wear out since you never know if they will be available a few years down the road. The Nike's that I wore are not available anymore.

A nice feature is the quick release prong. Once you have the straps adjusted, you can just use the quick release to take them off easily and to put them on with ease as well.

Samsung PN64F5300 64-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV
Samsung PN64F5300 64-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me money, how? I'll tell you..., February 10, 2014
Because this tv has an optical audio out connection, I did not have to upgrade my favorite Harman-Kardon receiver which accepts optical audio inputs but not HDMI. Now I can listen to audio through the tv speakers or through the receiver when I want great sound. Ka-ching! Money saved!

I really would like one of the new OLED tv’s, but my redneck retirement plan (lottery) has not produced any tangible assets, so I’ll have to wait for the prices to come down out of the atmosphere. Ka-ching! Money saved!

I have a HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer) that I assembled a couple of years back which I use stream movies, play games, view blu-ray, and view over the air broadcasts via a Silicon Dust network tuner. Thus I did not need a “smart” tv as this setup is even “smarter”. Ka-ching! Money saved!

Kidding aside, after reading the reviews here on Amazon I was confident this tv would work in my environment. I have a media room w/o any windows and have indirect lighting controlled by a dimmer switch, thus I don’t have any glare issues. I satisfactorily adjusted the settings as recommended by Consumer Reports which saved me time from having to fool around with them myself. The color is fantastic and the picture is clean and crisp.

Even though this only accepts two HDMI inputs, I’m only using one since I already have an HDMI switch because of my previous tv setup which accepts HDMI from multiple sources. It made sense to continue to use it.

The only issue I had was an annoying high tone sound which was due to my sound card on my PC, I had both the digital audio out and HDMI audio out turned on, since I did not need the digital audio out I turned it off and the annoying sound ceased.

This is the first time I have purchased a tv sight unseen on-line, I would normally have gone to the local Best Buy and picked one up after having looked at it in person. Because of the reviews and Amazon’s excellent return policy I went for it and am glad I did.

If you are looking for a no-frills but excellent picture quality tv and have the appropriate environment, then I highly recommend this Samsung plasma.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 10:09 PM PST

Pamela's Products Gluten Free  Baking & Pancake Mix, 24-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Pamela's Products Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix, 24-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Price: $33.12
15 used & new from $33.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten free that actually tastes great!, December 18, 2013
Two of my family members are sensitive to gluten, I am not but I do most of the cooking. For a few years I've tried different products and alternatives to make gravy, pancakes, and bread but they mostly tasted weird. Now finally, I can cook these things again and they taste great. The gravies and pancakes I make are just as good as the ones made with wheat flour. The bread (using Pamela's Bread mix) makes a dense loaf but it tastes very good and not like cardboard.

This has brought a great sense of relief as we were all struggling to live w/o wheat flour, especially my family members that are sensitive to gluten. Now we can satisfy that craving!

The Legacy of Heorot
The Legacy of Heorot
Price: $6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd time reading this after many years., November 6, 2012
I read this book more than 15 years ago and am reading it again. One of the few books that I'm willing to read twice. It would be really cool if Stephen Spielberg would make this into a movie!

IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black)
Price: $35.20
83 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Track ball failure - Fixed, September 17, 2012
I have owned this keyboard for a bit less than two years. At first I would have rated the keyboard 5 stars as it worked great for my home theater pc (HTPC) through out the first year. I use it to browse the web and make selections on Netflix, by kids use it to play some pc games.

The keyboard still works great and I've only changed the batteries once. However, the track ball began to fail. You could turn the ball and nothing would happen. I would shake it but that stopped working as well. I could turn the keyboard upside down and let the track ball hang I can get more action out of it, needless to say it was not very convenient. I think if IOGear had spent another 50 cents for a better track ball design this keyboard would still rate 5 stars.

Then I began to search for other keyboards but decided to try one more thing. I removed all of the screws from the bottom (3 are covered by soft foot pads). I then could see that the track ball socket was covered in matted dust. There is an optical sensor as well that was dirty. I removed the matted dust and blew out some more with compressed air.

Now the track ball is working again! I am docking one star due to the fact that IOGear should design this in a way that would make it simpler to clean the track ball out.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 12:00 PM PDT

Voyager Chrome Hand Held Shower Head Kit
Voyager Chrome Hand Held Shower Head Kit
Offered by Zoe Industries
Price: $89.00
2 used & new from $61.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, some real metal for most of my shower head parts!, January 29, 2012
I don't think the previous reviewer realized that the ball and swivel joint is adjustable. It's heavy duty metal and looks like one piece, however, it's actually screwed on. It was loose when I pulled it from the packaging but I tightened it up with some channel lock pliers using a cloth towel as to not damage the finish and it holds up just fine.

I searched high and low trying to find a metal replacement for the ball and swivel joint and found this one. The previous review had me worried, but since I figured I could always return it if I could not adjust it I decided to try it. I'm glad I did.

The kit included more than I needed, everything except the actual shower head was metal. At least the shower head seems to be a better quality plastic than the plastic Delta one it replaced. My Delta head developed a pin-hole in the threads right above the top of the hose. Also the plastic nut that held the plastic ball and swivel joint would just fail of every now and then and the whole assembly would fall to the floor and a hard stream of water would make its unwelcome presence next. The kit also included plenty of Teflon tape which was nice and avoided me having to take a trip to the hardware store.

My only recommendation would be that the instructions should let people know that the ball and swivel joint are adjustable.

This installed w/o any issues and looks like it should last a long time.

Lectro-Kennel Heat Pad 22.5x28.5 In
Lectro-Kennel Heat Pad 22.5x28.5 In
Price: $82.99
28 used & new from $75.07

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., January 5, 2012
I bought two of the large pads for my dogs over a year ago (Oct 2010) and so far so good. I built two insulated dog houses from scratch and placed a pad in each one. They are protected from the weather and are not left out exposed to the sun. I think keeping these protected from the weather and sun will go a long way to making these pads last longer.

They work great and keep my dogs nice and toasty. The instructions will tell you that they warm up slowly, so don't expect them to heat up to operating tempature right away. It's not a problem if the dog is wet since these pads are made of a tough plastic. I have tried thick plush pads before but the dogs only end up tearing them apart having fun doing so, they don't even try or can't chew on these since they are thin and lay flat on the floor. My dog houses have a flap door which helps seal in the heat, even when the temparature has dropped below 0, the dogs are still kept warm.

I have not experienced the problems reported in other reviews and expect to get a few more years out of these. I will update this review if that changes.

My only complaint is that elastic bands on the fleece covers that hold them in place on the pad, broke after a short while. I manually adjust the covers at night. I just ordered two new ones since the old ones are rather dirty now and I'm not going to bother to wash them. This is the reason why I rated it 4 stars instead of 5.

TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
Price: $6.59
40 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous! Finally, an ant killer that really worked!, November 13, 2010
I was hesitant to purchase this because of all of the other ant baits that failed, including hiring a professional exterminator that was unable to do the job.

After reading the other reviews I decided to try it. Let me tell you, this really worked, just like the other reviewers said it would. After placing the ant bait right next to the path in our kitchen where the ants traveled, it only took a few hours before they were teaming by the hundreds around and in the bait trap. I never realized we had that many ants!

As each day progressed there were fewer and fewer ants, after a week there was not one to be found. We have not seen an ant in two months now. I bought a few extra baits thinking I would need them, but one did the job. Now I have some spares so that I will be prepared the next time they come around.

Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer
Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a couple of months only, April 5, 2010
The misto sprayer worked great but only for a couple of months. I have used it with both olive and canola oils. At first is sprayed as advertised. After a while the spray will turn into a stream of oil. This was resolved by cleaning the sprayer. However, after about two or three months the oil would only come out as a stream and not a spray, even after cleaning it following the manufacturer's instructions.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2010 9:57 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2