Profile for Ric Kasnoff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ric Kasnoff RSS Feed (seattle)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BESTEK® 3 AC outlets + 4 USB Ports 4.2A Max 200W Power Inverter Car DC 12V to 110V AC Inverter DC Adapter Laptop Charger Notebook Adapter DC Charger AC Adapter USB Charger for iPhone, Tablet, iPad, Samsung,HTC, Nokia, Android, GPS, PSP, Camera, DVD and More (Upgraded Cooling Fan)
Offered by BESTEK.
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Eats vehicle fuses...Questionable customer service, July 13, 2015
Worked ok for a little over 6 months before it started blowing fuses in my vehicle just like a few others here have experienced.

Contacted Bestek and the wanted me to send it to them via trackable mail at my expense even though they had acknowledged the problem with others and released an "improved" version.

Why should I have to pay to send in something they've acknowledged had problems? Why not just take the serial # and replace it?

Not worth the hassle or expense. I'll look elsewhere.

ADVANTUS Gem 1.5-Inch T-Pins, 100 per Box (87T)
ADVANTUS Gem 1.5-Inch T-Pins, 100 per Box (87T)
Price: $4.10
11 used & new from $3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..., March 9, 2015
and you get what you pay for...dull pins that have to be forced through fabrics...several weren't even in a "T" shape just crooked wires...oh well

Bench Mount for Snap Tool
Bench Mount for Snap Tool

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 star handy device…1 star spacey seller, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Bench Mount for Snap Tool
The press n snap is an amazingly handy tool…I use it all the time in both snap and grommet mode

While I have rather large hands I still find it awkward at times to get all the contortions coordinated between the fabric and the tool…this handy bench mount has been a real helpful addition in freeing up my hands to guide the material and snap/grommet while squeezing the rather large handles. feels much less awkward

Unfortunately WAWAK Sewing Supplies proved to be a disappointment…when I didn't get a shipping notice after a few days I contacted them and they said they had "missed the order and would get it out that day…heard nothing for a few more days and contacted them again and they said it had "fallen through the cracks" and they would get it out that day…now we're past a week since placing the order and I expected them to at least expedite the shipping to make up for their fumbling the order…

When I finally get the shipping confirmation it turns out that they've shipped it the slowest/cheapest method possible and it won't be arriving for yet another week…

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Amazon but when someone takes my money immediately I expect them to ship the product the same way, immediately...and when they drop the ball I expect the same level of customer service that Amazon provides

I ended up canceling the order through Amazons guarantee program when it became apparent I wasn't even going to get it in the new time frame…Amazons refund was immediate

I drove across town and paid the few extra dollars in tax and had it in my hands immediately…lesson learned

Columbia Men's Aruba IV Pant with 30-Inch Inseam, Sage, Large
Columbia Men's Aruba IV Pant with 30-Inch Inseam, Sage, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars No zipper…???, December 27, 2013
These pants look/feel great…well built and fit as expected BUT…

There's no zipper and that makes it a little inconvenient at times especially when wearing a belt

SE 791LP Heavy-Duty 12-Piece Hollow Punch Set with Zipper Pouch
SE 791LP Heavy-Duty 12-Piece Hollow Punch Set with Zipper Pouch
Price: $12.18
11 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother…tried twice...dull, cheap punch set..., December 27, 2013
Tried these twice with the same results…these are dull punches that are made of such low grade metal that you can't even sharpen them

Hobby Tools rep was gracious after the first set proved dull and worthless…said she'd have the warehouse check and make sure the 2nd set was sharp before sending…got them in a timely manner only to find the same problem…dull and cheap…obviously the warehouse didn't get the message

didn't bother sending the second set back and bought "Osborne" singles of the ones I wanted locally…much better quality all around

Surco TF100 Tire Carrier for Ford
Surco TF100 Tire Carrier for Ford
Offered by Racks for All
Price: $68.19
4 used & new from $47.17

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit an Econoline...which is made by Ford, September 14, 2013
I have a 1999 E150 Econoline and needed a spare tire mount...ordered one of these that specifically said for Ford only to find out they do not fit...Mine has the hinge leaf inside the door where this one seems made for one with an external hinge leaf.

As usual Amazon was willing to take it back and provided a shipping label...just a pain to go through the 2 week process of ordering, waiting for delivery, finding out it isn't as described, repacking, waiting for pickup, waiting for refund while it slowly made it's way to the other side of the country etc etc etc

Better descriptions and fit charts...Please...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 9:55 AM PDT

Kakadu Pet Explorer Double Fleece Dog Coat with Reflective Stripe, 22", Sea (Blue)
Offered by Kakadu Pet

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog loves it...and looks great in it ;-), September 14, 2013
I take my Husky/Border Collie mix camping and on location shoots with me all the time and as the weather started turning I felt a little guilty about adding layers to my clothing and not doing anything for her...We have a fall trip coming up to Glacier and Yellowstone where we'll be camping out for 15 days and I was concerned that as slim as she is the cold might be a bit much...Researching on Amazon I came across these.

Using the neck to tail sizing guide I ordered her a 22" and it fit her perfectly...better yet she really likes wearing it and looks great in it ;-)

Seems well made so we ordered her the nylon/raincoat version of the same coat so she'll have one for "outside" and one for "inside" (this one)...time will tell how they'll hold up but it's looking good so far.

Ez Pop up Canopy Tent 10x10 Sidewall Gzaebos Walls Zipper (Only 2 White Walls!)
Ez Pop up Canopy Tent 10x10 Sidewall Gzaebos Walls Zipper (Only 2 White Walls!)
Offered by EURMAX CANOPY
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected...nice walls, September 14, 2013
Pick up 2 sets of these to act as a second layer for my "Standing Room 100" hanging Tent so I could extend the camping season...The walls are very well made and thicker than the others I've seen (and purchased)...big, sturdy zippers on all corners and lots of high quality velcro fasteners to secure to the frame...They're also taller (7'6") than other walls which in my case is a good thing as there's about 6" extra at the bottom that acts like a rain diverter...Just wish you could purchase the mid-zip walls individually so I could have openings on all sides...

Seller was prompt and courteous in returning emails and shipped them very quickly...

Camco 42693 Gray Party Light Holder
Camco 42693 Gray Party Light Holder
Price: $4.97
35 used & new from $4.97

2.0 out of 5 stars drags in channel, August 12, 2013
the material is not easy to slide once you get it into the channel...warmer days make it worse and they tend to stretch under load. Stick with the fabric type...slider easier and will probably last longer

ARB ARB3111 Brown 6.5' Awning
ARB ARB3111 Brown 6.5' Awning
Offered by Cruiserheads Store
Price: $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality with just a few minor nits..., August 12, 2013
Photographing in the PacNW means frequently shooting in wet and windy conditions and I went through all of the homemade, jury rigged, bagged type and McGyver routes trying to get a suitable side shelter setup for my Rover Disco 2 before finally giving in and ordering the ARB 6.5' awning...

After just a few practice sessions it goes up quickly and easily...learning how to balance the front piece while attaching the side supports and adjusting the legs is a real test of coordination the first few times but gets easier quickly...

The difference in quality between it and the traditional "bag" awnings is immediately evident...aluminum is thicker, parts are machined to better and closer tolerances and fabric/stitching is of good quality with care taken putting it together.

Things that are especially nice:

- channels in very strong front and back rails for slide-in type additions

- mount system is high quality and easy to adapt to Yakima (or other) rack systems

- bag fits well (no excess to flap in wind) and is of high quality...great/strong zippers that should last many hundreds of pulls.

a few things that could be better:

- top could extend over sides another inch or so to provide coverage when you add side walls. (I'm adding a zipper and extension piece to take care of this)

- accessories like the net and wall add-ons are not available for this size so I'm back to adapting (see above)

- another nice add-on would be affordable "rain-bars" to add some lift to the center of the awning and aid drainage...I recut some fiberglass tent poles and made my own.

all in all a great purchase that should last for years...just wish I'd gone with 8' version now

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5