Profile for SLR > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SLR RSS Feed

Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story
Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story
by Tony Wheeler
Price: $14.79
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read.., September 12, 2009
I'm not actually a follower of Lonely Planet guide books. I picked this up from the travel essay section of the bookstore on a whim. I'm glad I did! I prefer to travel in a completely different way than the Wheelers, but I was fascinated by their journeys. They seem to have lived their lives to the fullest and with no regrets. The story of the business creation and sucess was just icing on the cake.

Fodor's Exploring Japan, 5th Edition (Exploring Guides)
Fodor's Exploring Japan, 5th Edition (Exploring Guides)
by Fodor's
24 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, no good for planning, July 17, 2007
The photos in this book are nice and there are a few good maps and travel tips, but I found it lacking in useful information for planning my trip. I'm used to travel books having information on several attractions, how to get to them, how much they cost, what the hours are, etc.
This book is more of a storyteller than a planner.

Kensington Universal FM Transmitter for MP3 Players (Black)
Kensington Universal FM Transmitter for MP3 Players (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, April 26, 2007
I had purchased a cheaper transmitter for "all" mp3 players. I did manage to get it to work on one frequency if I didn't move anything.

My coworker bought this Kensington and brought it in for me to try out with my Sansa mp3 player. It worked great on every frequency that didn't have a strong station on it already. For what it's worth, my car does have a full antenna in the front. There was a little static on some frequencies, but I think that you have to accept less than perfect quality when dealing with these transmitters.

Overall, it was a breath of fresh air after that first piece of junk I bought!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars It's broke already!, March 29, 2006
I received this product as a gift. It was broke within 4 hours of opening it. Someone was playing with it normally and the ball smashed the glass hard enough to crack it. This product should have been designed to handle abuse and it broke under normal stress!