Profile for Jennifer Giacinto > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Giacinto RSS Feed (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
El Triste
El Triste
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars El Triste blew my mind!, June 20, 2013
This review is from: El Triste (MP3 Music)
I first heard Il Volo sing this beautiful song on the Latin Billboard Awards in tribute to the famous Mexican singer Jose Jose, whom I had never heard of before their performance. Il Volo stole everyone's hearts that night with their powerful rendition of the song. When I heard that it was being released as an mp3/iTunes single, I was ecstatic! I normally never buy mp3's, but I had to have this in my collection of music. Great job Gianluca, Piero, and Ignazio! Just masterful!

We Are Love
We Are Love
Price: $9.99
52 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo's amazing vocal firepower comes through yet again!, May 29, 2013
This review is from: We Are Love (Audio CD)
I'm going to start my review off by saying I didn't get my copy through Amazon. When I went to preorder, it wasn't available for preorder on Amazon at that time. As I have already reviewed We are Love on Amazon, I'm only going to review the five amazing new songs. Angel, that Sarah MacLaughlan had originally sung, was so beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. Little Things, a One Direction song, was a pleasant surprise. I am not a fan of boy band music at all but the boys brought power and passion to the song and made me love it. Can You Feel the Love Tonight, the famous song from the movie The Lion King, lyrics by Tim Rice, music by Elton John, has always been one of my favorite movie songs. The boys brought their trademark passion and power to it and made it magical. Surrender (Torna a Surriento), a brilliant blend of Elvis' Surrender and the Italian Torna a Surriento, is my favorite song of the new songs. Right away, Gianluca, the baritone, blew me away with his impeccable vocal that gets better every time I hear him sing. You can just feel the emotion and passion emanating from him when he sings. Piero also blew me away with his classical/operatic voice that gets better and better every time he sings. Ignazio was incredible as well. Maria, from West Side Story, is usually sung as a solo. Gianluca had sung it during their last tour as a solo song. The boys each had a solo part in the song as well as singing together. It was an interesting arrangement that surprisingly worked and quite effectively. Il Volo, with these five new brilliant tracks, have proved to all of us that they can sing anything and sing it with the utmost passion, and, of course, with the utmost power. Congratulations, guys! Keep the great songs coming!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 8:05 PM PST

We Are Love [Deluxe]
We Are Love [Deluxe]
20 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars We are Love is MESMERIZING!!!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: We Are Love [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
I have been a huge fan of Il Volo since May 19, 2011, when they performed on American Idol. I was absolutely stunned by their vocal brilliance at such a young age. I went out and bought their regular and Spanish editions of their debut album and both albums were just vocally and emotionally stunning! I'll admit, I did not buy We are Love through Amazon. I usually buy my albums in the store. When I put We are Love into the car stereo and started to play it, their beautiful voices came through yet again! Their voices have matured so beautifully! I have no words to describe just how vocally powerful and emotional We are Love actually is! I adore the duet with Placido Domingo, "Il Canto," just the PERFECT duet, all four of their voices blended together and became one, WOW! Their covers of "Beautiful Day" and "Questo Amore" (I Don't Want to Miss a Thing) were top-notch! Every song was masterfully done! Congratulations Gianluca, Piero, and Ignazio on yet another vocal masterpiece! I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with next!

Roads
Roads
Offered by Shop With Mom, LLC
Price: $7.80
58 used & new from $0.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Exemplary album! Chris Mann is The Voice!, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Roads (Audio CD)
Chris Mann's Roads album was everything I expected and more. His powerful and emotional voice just went straight to my heart and soul with each and every song. I was pulling for him each and every week that he was on The Voice! He embodies what The Voice truly is: powerful and expressive. Congratulations Chris on a job well done! Just masterful!

Songs From The Silver Screen
Songs From The Silver Screen
Price: $11.88
86 used & new from $3.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Jackie does it again!, October 4, 2012
First off, I want to say that I got my copy of Songs from the Silver Screen from Target, not Amazon. I first saw the incomparable Jackie Evancho on America's Got Talent. She was a breath of fresh air on that show, such pure talent coming from someone so young, 10 years old. I fell in love with her beautiful soprano voice. I have all her prior albums. I saw her PBS special for Songs from the Silver Screen. This young lady is so talented! I loved every minute of the show! She had me crying throughout the entire show! The CD is just mesmerizing. Her voice has matured a little bit. So strong in every song, and so much emotion! Jackie, congratulations on yet another masterpiece! I look forward to your next album!

Il Volo(Takes Flight): Live From the Detroit Opera House
Il Volo(Takes Flight): Live From the Detroit Opera House
DVD ~ Il Volo
Price: $16.58
33 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gianluca, Piero, ed Ignazio sono BENISSIMI!, March 10, 2012
I got the deluxe DVD version of Il Volo Takes Flight: Live from the Detroit Opera House at Barnes and Noble, which is the only place where it was available, I believe, which has one of my FAVORITE Italian songs of all time, Funiculi, Funicula! I'm more than happy to share my thoughts on this absolutely astonishing concert. I've been a fan of Gianluca Ginoble, Piero Barone, and Ignazio Boschetto for the past year since seeing them perform on American Idol, the top 3 results show, last season. I was absolutely floored by how vocally powerful these teenagers were. I eventually purchased their debut album, both the regular and Spanish editions as well as their Christmas edition. I have never heard teenagers (other than Josh Groban when his debut CD came out when he was like 20) sound that way. Each one has powerful individual voices and together, it's just pure magic. Their concert was absolutely stunning. Not only was it vocally and technically perfect in my book, these three gentlemen really interacted with their audiences incredibly well. Granada is a song I had never heard before, this song is so vocally powerful! Mamma was beautiful! From beginning to end, their concert captivated and mesmerized me. Congratulations guys on a mesmerizing show!

Heavenly Christmas
Heavenly Christmas
Offered by Kings Emporium
Price: $8.99
78 used & new from $0.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Angel!, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Heavenly Christmas (Audio CD)
Wow! Jackie Evancho does it again! We got a taste of her Christmas music in a teaser album with only a few songs which were incredible! Her first full length Christmas CD does not disappoint! She has an ethereal voice! She sings with so much emotion and the power behind that beautiful voice is profound! I love everything that she has put out for us! She is such a joy to listen to! Congratulations Jackie on yet another beautiful album!

Il Volo - Christmas Favorites [Amazon.com Exclusive]
Il Volo - Christmas Favorites [Amazon.com Exclusive]
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $14.85
26 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo for Christmas!!!!!!, December 5, 2011
Though I bought the special Christmas edition, I'm more than happy to share my thoughts here. I absolutely love these 3 young men ever since I first heard them on American Idol. When I saw a preview of their Christmas album on Youtube, I was so excited to hear more! Il Volo did not disappoint. They delivered a powerful Christmas album, albeit too short, that's my only critique. Their voices blend together so well, and their individual voices are just pure gems! I loved Gianluca's voice in Silent Night/Stille Nacht and in Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, and all the others :) This group is truly one of the most talented groups I have ever heard in my life. Mille grazie Il Volo per la vostra bella musica!

Il Volo - Special Christmas Edition [Amazon.com Exclusive]
Il Volo - Special Christmas Edition [Amazon.com Exclusive]
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $26.99
9 used & new from $3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Molto bene Il Volo, Buon Natale (Merry Christmas)!!!!!!!!, November 26, 2011
I have listened to Il Volo's debut album numerous times now. What I heard were three incredibly talented young men who sing with so much emotion and passion as well as delivering some of the most powerful vocal performances I've heard in a long time. I was waiting for them to release a Christmas album. While they were on tour, they worked on this brilliant masterpiece, so basically, singing Jingle Bell Rock etc in air conditioning in July :). I'm very very proud of their interpretations of some of the classic Christmas songs that we grew to love over the years. Each member of Il Volo has a gem of a voice and together, they harmonize so well! I also loved Pia Toscano, who was on American Idol this past season and was voted off prematurely. I thought she was going to be one of the final two on that show! She has such a beautiful voice and sings well with Il Volo! Keep the great records coming Il Volo! Congratulations on a masterful Christmas debut :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2011 3:24 PM PST

Il Volo
Il Volo
Price: $7.00
69 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo proud to be of Italian descent! Real Talent does exist!!!!, August 29, 2011
This review is from: Il Volo (Audio CD)
I first heard these 3 amazing young men on American Idol during the Top 3 results show. They sang their hit O Sole Mio. Normally, I'm very weary of the acts that appear on American Idol, as real talent comes few and far between on that show. When they appeared on stage, I was thinking, please don't suck :) When Gianluca Ginoble started to sing, my jaw dropped! He sounded so much older and mature than his age dictated to me. Then Piero Barone started singing his part. I jumped, his loud tenor scared the crap out of me! He was beyond incredible! Then Ignazio Boschetto sang his part. He was incredible as well!!! Not too long after that, I purchased their album. They are trying to bring lyrical pop to the forefront for the young people out there. I hope that they succeed, because it's not that often you hear this kind of talent coming from guys this young. I'm a Josh Groban fan, and I was equally as impressed with him as I am now with Il Volo. Great job guys and keep the phenomenal records coming!

Jennifer Giacinto