Profile for J. Woodward > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Woodward "Justin" RSS Feed (Alabama)

Rush - ReDISCovered LP Box
Rush - ReDISCovered LP Box
Price: $34.99
38 used & new from $26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Epic In Every Way, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Rush - ReDISCovered LP Box (Vinyl)
I love Rush so much so this review may be a little biased. But I've been searching for their first album on vinyl for quite some time and while it would have been cool to find an older one for the nostalgic feel and collectible aspect, this is still amazing! The sound quality is great, the box everything comes in is hard and sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. I love this purchase! I wish they'd release all their albums this way.

Wrongdoers
Wrongdoers
Price: $10.00
56 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only "Heavy" Music I Like Anymore, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Wrongdoers (Audio CD)
I'm a huge Coheed and Cambria fan. They're pretty much all I listen to anymore. But Norma Jean has always been a huge favorite of mine. I saw them live at warped tour in 2007 (right up front against the barricade) and it blew me away. I had already been listening to them for years but it solidified my love for them. Okay, enough of that.

The bottom line is this: this record has it ALL. You want heavy "reedemer-esque" chants? You got it. You like chaos? There's plenty of that. This record is a great blend of old school NJ mixed with some "Every Time I Die".

Just buy this album. You'll love it. You'll punch your cat. He'll like it. You'll both feel brutal.

Our Machine
Our Machine
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album from an amazing guy., March 14, 2013
This review is from: Our Machine (MP3 Music)
To me, it blows my mind that the guys in Coheed and Cambria feel the need to add side projects to their already insanely busy schedule. But I'm so glad they do. This album could EASILY be a hit album by a "new" band. In the EXTREMELY unfortunate and unlikely chance that Coheed ever breaks up, Davenport Cabinet could easily be it's own entity. Thanks so much Travis for making such an amazing piece of work. I can honestly say I feel proud to be "One Among The Fence" or I would have never found these guys side projects. I'm proud to say I've seen travis perform the title track of this album acoustically alongside Josh Eppard on percussion and it was awesome.

For die-hard coheed fans, follow my Coheed fan twitter @heedfeed

The Afterman: Descension
The Afterman: Descension
Price: $10.00
40 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday To Me., February 5, 2013
Seriously though, I can't stop smiling. And yes, this half of the album came out on my birthday, but that's besides the point. I'm not going to give you the typical "Track-by-track" review that most people do. That's what listening to the album is for. What I will tell you is that this is the SECOND half of an EPIC piece of work. "The Afterman" as a whole is simply the best work from my favorite band. Coheed and Cambria has done it again. The thing about the double album release is, the band has made each half of the album have it's OWN feel. Descension, like Ascension has so many feels to it. I only have 2 complaints. I, like many others, feel that "Iron Fist" probably should have stayed acoustic (look up taylor booth version on youtube). And also I know each album was only supposed to be half an album but I wish "The Homecoming" and "Random reality shifts" would have made it onto their respective albums as full band songs. Buy this album today, and if you haven't listened to "Ascension" yet make sure you get it also!

PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle
PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle
Offered by cargolargo
Price: $289.99
27 used & new from $200.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok here's the thing.., November 23, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This may be considered a small complaint but the games pictured on the box do not come as they are pictured on the box, they come in thin, tiny cardboard sleeves. The rest of the deal is amazing but considering I have my games on display this just seems like a cheap thing to do. It's clearly so people don't turn around and sell the games back but it irritates me because it doesn't protect the disc well and it looks sloppy and tacky..
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 10:03 PM PST

The Afterman: Ascension
The Afterman: Ascension
Price: $9.87
42 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is. Half of an epic piece of work., October 9, 2012
This review is from: The Afterman: Ascension (Audio CD)
Here's the thing, I'm sure I'm not the only one writing a review that's a die hard fan, but I'M A DIE HARD FAN. We're talking, 2 tattoos, met the band, I've seen them 6 times and going again this month, I've liked them for almost 8 years. Now that that is out of the way I said all that to say this: This is the best thing the band has done since Good Apollo 1. Is it the best thing they've ever done? No. Will it be the best thing they've ever done when you add in the second half of the album? (Descension, due out in february 2013)Probably. See, that's just it, this album is only HALF of a piece of work, it feels incomplete, unfinished, and short. It's supposed to, It's supposed to. (Tony Horton Voice). Seriously though, I'm such a huge fan, the intro is so moving it put tears in my eyes. Domino the destitute is probably the most epic Coheed song of all time. (Step aside Welcome Home) All in all, for what it is, it's amazing. Get it now. You won't regret it.

Mirage Rock
Mirage Rock
Offered by B68 Solutions Limited
Price: $6.89
59 used & new from $2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negativity., October 2, 2012
This review is from: Mirage Rock (Audio CD)
I'm absolutely FLOORED by all the negative reviews of this album. Coming from a huge BoH fan, this album is solid. It has a very folk-eagles type feel to it. I think it is a great direction for the band. There is nothing "lazy" or "poppy" about the production values, the album is great, and it's what we've come to expect from BoH. Get this album!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2012 9:00 AM PDT

Wolves in Wolves Clothing
Wolves in Wolves Clothing
Price: $6.39
81 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars We get what we f**kin deserve, June 19, 2007
and what we deserve is another album like this one from nofx. I own every one of nofx's albums, and i must say that i was surprised when i put "Wolves in wolves clothing" in my cd player because honestly i thought...new music all sucks this probably will too...NO!
Nofx seems to never get worse, but only better, even in their older age they still bring the rock. "wolves" is by far the most mature album, and anyone who claims to like punk whatsoever will fall in love with it.

Love them or hate them, you can't ignore the legacy that nofx is leaving 24 years in the making.