Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Andrew Cho > Reviews

Browse

Andrew Cho's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Cho RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Da Bird Value Pack (1 Da Bird Original Single 3 Foot Pole Cat Toy & 2 Extra Guinea Feather Refills)
Price: $16.50
5 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Want your cat to pant like a dog?, March 11, 2009
My cats are pretty laid back and have ignored all other toys I've tried but right now, one is sprawled out on the floor, exhausted, and the other has his tongue hanging out, panting like a dog, eyes darting around to try and find the irresistible toy that's mysteriously vanished.

The first one isn't gone yet but it's nice to have 2 replacement "birds".

Also, you might want to clear some room, my cats are jumping higher and further than I'd thought was possible.

This is probably the best cat-related thing I've ever bought since the cats themselves and the litter robot.

Religulous
Religulous
DVD ~ Bill Maher
Offered by Park Slope Outlet
Price: $6.72
72 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, January 9, 2009
This review is from: Religulous (DVD)
What's there to say? Religion is ridiculous and Maher makes that even easier to see by asking simple questions. Hilarious and more polite than he has to be. Larry Charles is a great director and the overall package is well worth watching.

Team Fortress 2 - PC (Collector's)
Team Fortress 2 - PC (Collector's)
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $29.99
15 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't pass up this game just from a couple bad reviews on this page, December 14, 2008
That would be a tragedy. I came across this page while looking for a video review of the game because someone was looking for game recommendations for her 13 year old niece. I was surprised to see that this game had only 20 reviews and some were negative. But of course, most people have probably posted their reviews under "The Orange Box". That's the special collection of games Valve offered and TF2 is the main attraction. Go check out reviews for that before you take this game off your list.

Now, without being over exaggerative, Team Fortress 2 the best multi-player team-based shooter in the history of mankind. I'm the type of gamer who enjoys infinite replayability multiplayer games. Counter-strike 1.6 and Call of Duty 4 are two other titles I hold in high regard. If you're the type of person who enjoys Bioshock, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, TF2 may not interest you. But of course that's because you lack social skills, can't aim, and have no reflexes. I'm only half joking, but hey if you enjoy those games, by all means.

One reason why some don't enjoy this game is the particularly high system requirements. This game requires a very capable system. I'd recommend at least 3GHz dual core, 2GB DDR 800 RAM, and 8800GT 512mb, for XP. That's only if you're using a LCD Monitor. For 100hz, 120hz, CRT gamers, you'll have to step it up a bit more.

Just be sure to check out as many places as you can before making your decision to not buy this game. It's quite literally the best rated game on PC of all time(orange box).

Valve isn't as divine as some make them out to be, in fact sometimes they're just awful(see L4D), but they did Team Fortress 2 in an absolute brilliant fashion. The sheer diversity in classes and weapons and gameplay mechanics, it's unlike any shooter you've ever play and yet the balance is kept. Valve also continually updates the game. You've got new maps, new game modes, new weapons and achievements, updates to current maps and features, etc.

Team Fortress 2 is like the Starcraft of First-Person Shooters.

If anyone happens to read this within 3 hours of me posting, the game is just $10 from STEAM directly tonight.

Good luck, have fun.

NU Dolphin Swimmer MP3 Player (1G) - Waterproof + NU Dolphin MP3 Armband
NU Dolphin Swimmer MP3 Player (1G) - Waterproof + NU Dolphin MP3 Armband

5.0 out of 5 stars It's actually pretty good., August 28, 2008
Most other water-proof MP3 players are big and bulky. I was interested int he bone conductive one but in the end I went with the Nu Dolphin since I didn't think I'd enjoy having two bricks on either side of my head.

I was a little apprehensive with the purchase and still am about customer service since it's not a U.S.-based company but so far the Dolphin has been awesome.

The mp3 player itself is really small and I just attach it to the middle of the goggle strap behind my head. I don't even take it off because it's kind of a hassle and just unscrew the headphones after it's dry to charge or load in different songs.

The earphones are canalphones. Meaning they go deeper into your ear than your typical earbuds but once they're in you can forget about them for 2-3 hours or however long your swim. They aren't as high quality as the mp3 player itself. The wires are a bit thin but the sound quality is pretty good. I wish the volume went up higher but I listen to my music pretty loud. Almost all the way up on a 2nd gen ipod nano.

I've been just putting the extra wire lengths under the goggle strap but that's probably not good for the wires so I'll try using the little clips that come with it.

Overall it's a bit pricey, I got it for $90 elsewhere but definitely a worthwhile investment because swimming laps is amongst the most boring activities on earth and if music helps motivate you, why not.

I don't think there is a repeat option... there are only 5 buttons total, one center and one to either direction. But you'll get used to the button arrangement where you can just press "back" at the end of a song easily.

4.5/5 is my review. It's not perfect but it's the absolute best when it comes to waterproof mp3s at the moment. It's extremely small and doesn't affect your swimming. I wish the headphone wires were the same length on both sides (pet peeve of mine). I guess they expect you to wear the dolphin on the side of your head.

Winsome Wood Air Lift Adjustable Stools, Set of 2
Winsome Wood Air Lift Adjustable Stools, Set of 2
Price: $71.00
35 used & new from $54.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable yet classy, May 2, 2008
These stools are very sturdy, comfortable, and extremely easy to assemble. It takes less than three minutes; no additional tools required. Each stool weighs approximately 12.8 pounds. There's not much else to say really, so if the price is right...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PC
Offered by HOT-2-TROT
Price: $45.99
37 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If there was just one game I could recommend to a friend, April 15, 2008
This game is 5/5, pure and simple. I didn't like the previous Call of Duty games but they did good with this one. The control and movement of your character is smooth and the guns shoot and sound great. I'd say it's time to pack up 1.6 and pick up CoD4.

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition - PC
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition - PC
Offered by game-ware
Price: $9.99
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, April 15, 2008
When I first saw the trailer for this game, it looked like it had potential. But then I started to see all the negative reviews when it came out on PS3 and 360. How it's repetitive and there's not much actual assassinations and you waste time doing other things. So it was pushed from my mind.

But I have to say, this game is really fun. I didn't know this type of game was possible on the PC. The last time I remember having this type of intuitive control and ability to jump and move around anywhere was Mario 64. And this game takes that fluid character control and ups the ante by 1000x and increases the graphics, adds hundreds of people and lets you kill anyone. I don't know what to say, it's just extremely fun to just run around, walk around, climb, jump across roof, fight random civilians and the guards. It's just perfect. Well, closer to perfect than any game I've played yet.

Anyways I had some concerns with people saying you'll need a gamepad for this. I have a PS3 for Blu Ray, not games, but a friend brings over AC sometimes and personally I prefer the keyboard/mouse combo. With a controller you just feel so constricted and you never forget that you're the one guiding the character on screen. With keyboard/mouse it's easier to get past that and move as if you're in the game. But I understand it's preference and if you're a console person you might feel differently.

I don't know of all the improvements made from the console versions but I noticed at least 4 new side-quests. There's one where you stealth kill archers and guards for your fellow assassins, one where you have to race to another informer within a certain amount of time, one where you "escort vip", and one where you need to throw someone into merchant stores. Adds a bit of variety while you stack up enough investigations for the main kill.

I love the fighting in this game. I thought it was a little dull but once you get Counter, oh my god. Insanely fun and engaging combat sequences. I like that Ubisoft put in a lot of variety to what kinds of moves the Counter skill can pull off. It's just satisfying to watch the incredibly cool maneuvers this guy pulls off against 20+ enemies closing in on him as he spins and ducks and slices. One of my favorite has to be the one where he gets down and stabs a foot then charges up and impales a blade into the skull. Such a pretty game.

Graphics are incredible but yeah the specs are pretty high. I'm running it at max settings with 2x anistropic, 4x anti-aliasing, at 1920x1080 resolution with great fps on a 3.2GHz C2D, 2GB DDR2 800, 8800GT 512, system.

I don't usually buy single player games because of the lack of replayability. So unless it's a great experience, I'll stick with my mutliplayer. Bioshock was a huge letdown for me, but AC was a pleasant surprise. Bioshock had an interesting story but AC has the FUN gameplay. Games I usually go for are CoD4, TF2, etc. All PC of course. Consoles are for kids or for street fighter or rock band sorts of games. Assassin's Creed on PS3 was kind of lame but the PC experience is well worth it if you've got a system to run it.

It's not a perfect game. There isn't an option to save so you'll have to sit through long speeches again if you die. There are some little things I might nitpick about. But from the games available on the market, it's definitely one of the best. I'm excited about other games with this engine because the movement and combat are just so damn fun.

The only keys I customized were the weapons(which is pretty much preference) and I made "Q" eaglevision and "E" target. Works great.

I know it's not a game I'll play again and again like CoD4 but it's a 4.5 for a single player. Downfall is the repetitiveness but the gameplay engine is just spectacular.

Intel BX80557E2140 Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.6 GHz 1M L2 Cache 800MHz FSB LGA775 Processor
11 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly overclockable, February 4, 2008
From 1.6GHz to 3.2GHz no problems. That's a 100% overclock. 30c idle, 50c load, very cool.

E6850 is selling for $275 and this $70 CPU will outperform it when OC'd. It is a Core 2 Duo Conroe chip. Enjoy.

M14 Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle
M14 Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gun, November 29, 2007
This gun is great!

-The gun is made of heavy, durable plastic with bits of metal in the rear and front sights.
-It's nice and weighty, stock is heaviest.
-Looks very nice and sleek in black.
-Hop up is very easy to adjust (Must take out magazine).
-The first time you try to caulk the bolt lever, it's kind of heavy, but I love it, feels very solid.
-Gun is very accurate, adjusting hop up helps :P
-Not too loud
-I suggest .2g BB's as they are MUCH more accurate
-Delivery was pretty fast as well

-I ordered this gun along with a BB trap target, and 5,000 .2g BB's but the BB's didn't come. I have to call Airsplat tomorrow about this as they are closed, this is the only negative part. But this is not a problem with the GUN itself, so I rate this 5 stars :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: $123.31
6 used & new from $123.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, comfortable, audiophile headphones, September 5, 2007
There is no negative to this product. The only thing you could possibly say is that they're not as good as the more expensive ATH-AD900. But they both have a completely different sound-stage so even that is arguable.

Bottom line is these headsets look, feel, and sound incredible. Couldn't really be sure from the picture but you really can tell these are high end by just looking at them. The build quality is first class and the wing design distributes the weight very well and results in the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Very light and the huge velvet ear-cups will fit around the biggest of ears.

Audio-Technica's AD line may have very well been the reason Sennheiser dropped the prices on their HD models. And still many owners prefer these over other brand name headphones that cost twice as much.

There is one review here that says these headphones are too big. Well, they are indeed large but I find that it adds to the comfort. They don't clamp onto your head like some other brands. They rest very lightly around your head but I'm sure most people won't have any problems with them falling off.

If you've got a good soundcard in your PC and you're looking for high quality, comfortable headphones, look no further.

Page: 1 | 2