Profile for Ricker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ricker RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2
Mudder T-300 3-Coil Qi Wireless Charging Transmitter Pad for Nexus 4/5/7 / Nokia 920/820 / Galaxy S3/S4/Note 2 (Black)
Offered by iOkeler
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised and you can use with just about any case, September 23, 2014
Day two update (moved ahead of Day one update so it will be seen). I made sure my Galaxy S5 was squared up on the charger last night and woke up this morning with a 100% charged phone. Not sure I did a great job of trying to center the phone the first night which may have lead to my "not 100% charged" issue. This 3 coil design created a wider charging area, but with any wireless charger, there is an optimum charging spot at dead center and phone charging will slow the further off center a phone is. I updated my rating to 5 stars. I love the small footprint of this device. It came with a shorter Micro USB cable also which helped to eliminate clutter on my countertop. This does not ship with a USB charger plug, but that is not an issue for me as I already have dozens of them. Currently using with a 2.1 amp USB charger plug and my phone charges just as fast on this pad as it does plugged in (as far as I can tell).

I left my Day one review here, but just casually centering the phone on the pad appeared to fix my issue. I recommend this product.
-------------------------------------------
Day one Update

Going on day one here so will post an update. Everything worked perfectly with my Galaxy S5 yesterday. Easy to find charging area, drop and go, worked as advertised and best of all, worked with the case I already had. I was impressing friends and family by simply laying the phone on the pad and it started charging. Even got a "wireless charging" message on my S5 when it was on the pad. And then....

Woke up this AM and phone was at 53%. Concerned now that this Pad may not provide a trickle charge once the phone is fully charged. It appears to have stopped charging once the phone was 100%.

Also made me nervous that there is no reference to Qi anywhere on the product or package. A quick database search however on WPC who owns the approval for Qi licensing shows a Powerqi T-300 that was approved for Qi on Sept 4 which looks to be the same item as this. The lack of Qi reference on the product is probably the result of packaging made prior to Qi approval.

I paired it with the BestFire® Brand New Ultra-thin QI Wireless Charging Charger Receiver For Samsung Galaxy S5 charger for Galaxy S5 which appears to work marvelously, and allowed me to use the case I purchased which is not always the case with these Qi receivers. I had the receiver installed in about 30 seconds. Simply remove the back of the phone and line up the contacts on the receiver with the phone and snap the back cover back on. This lays between the battery and the case, but does add any bulk.

So, this pad appears to be licensed and works like a champ, but.... Now I have to find out why a phone left overnight doesn't wake up 100% charged. Potentially a problem with the receiver and not this pad at all, but I suspect the pad. More to come....

Black Silicone Key Fob Cover Case Smart Remote Pouches Protection Key Chain Fits: Lexus ES350 07-13
Offered by DanteGTS
Price: $7.98
2 used & new from $7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what you think it does, September 8, 2013
Pros: Nice looking replacement for my 7+ year OEM key cover. Fairly easy to put on but you wont want to be switching colors on a daily basis.
Cons: Semi sticky silicone which means it picks up every dust speck in a 20' radius. You wont lose the gritty feeling once you place it in a pocket or purse. Cover adds some thickness to get to the buttons so you can't just glance over the button anymore. Have to have the finger tip lined up over the button in order to press it.

Works because I haven't seen anything else out there that addresses the above. Wife isn't embarrassed to pull the key out of her purse anymore.

Southern Sales Round Offset Patio Umbrella 10' Polyester Taupe
Southern Sales Round Offset Patio Umbrella 10' Polyester Taupe

4.0 out of 5 stars Just purchased my second one, June 18, 2013
Just purchased my second umbrella. Had our first one for almost 4 years before it tore on the top. We live in Dallas so lots of sun and wind. I always took it down if I noticed or anticipated a lot of wind, but the vent on top does help stabilize it if I wasn't able to close it before I got home. Not ready to spend $1000 on semi permanent replacement so I'll just keep buying one of these every 4 years. Reasonably priced and reasonable quality. You have to get the base however. I didnt have to replace that.

Purolator PA44727 PureONE Air Filter
Purolator PA44727 PureONE Air Filter
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit Perfect in my 2010 QX56, May 13, 2013
Purchased this as an upgrade to the standard paper air filter, but it was pricey. This one uses oil to dampen the filter medium which claims to collect more particles while improving air flow. I can't validate it improved my mileage yet, but it was slightly less expensive than the reusable filters that can be cleaned. I'll keep an eye on my mileage for the short term, if I like what I see, I may spring for the resuable filter next time.

Mizuno Supreme GXC94 Youth Catcher's Mitt (Black, 33.5-Inch, Right-Handed Throw)
Price: $49.05
17 used & new from $45.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mitt for my 11 YO, April 24, 2013
Great size for my 11 YO or older catchers who prefer a slightly smaller mitt. Heavy duty leather, this glove will be his for years to come. Really like the shallow pocket which makes the ball easier to grab when throwing out base stealers. Did take some getting used to though as balls caught in the top of the pocket have a tendency to pop out. Really have to make sure the ball is in the bottom of the pocket or palm. But again, makes the ball easy to find for quick throw outs.

Took a little longer than other reviewers to break in. It was a good 10 or so rounds of catch before my son felt comfortable he could secure the ball properly. By the third week, he abandoned his other glove and is using this exclusively. Very good value for the price and very sharp looking.

LG LT700P-2PK Refrigerator Water Filter
LG LT700P-2PK Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $59.77
12 used & new from $52.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is exactly as described, April 24, 2013
Not sure what happened to the other reviewer, but when I received this, it was the exact replacement for my OEM LG filter. This is a two pack of ADQ36006101 (also known as LT700P). Replaced one tonight and keeping the other for the next time I need to swap out!

WD My Book Studio II - 6 TB (2 x 3 TB) USB 2.0/FireWire 800/400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive
Offered by Sab Computer
Price: $788.25
2 used & new from $279.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Drive, but Took Some Work, December 14, 2012
Plenty of reviews, so I'll be short. Purchased the Studio II 6GB to back up a 2009 Mac running OS 10.8. I had a 1TB hard drive that recently failed (thank you Apple for the recall notice, but about 2 months too late for my particular machine). Lost everything, but had a fantastic tech recover it all (for a nominal fee of course). I do not EVER want to go thru that again. I did replace with a 2TB drive.

I purchased this to run as a RAID 1 array. Cuts the drive capacity in half, but I'll have two copies of my hard drive for the next disaster (except fire, plague and any zombie apocalypses of course). Had most of the issues described in these reviews regarding Mac and the issue was the included software in the box was not updated to OS 10.8. I went to WD support and updated the device drivers, which got me halfway there. The drive came with backup software, but it doesn't work with OS 10.8 (didn't matter as I planned to use Time Capsule anyway). I got stuck because I couldn't configure the drive to a RAID 1 array. Quick email to WD support resulted in a download link that I couldn't find myself on the website and for some reason, Amazon won't let me post here.

The link from WD Support brought me to a Drive Manager for Studio II for Mac that was compliant with OS 10.8. Downloaded the drive manager and was able to configure to a RAID 1 array. Then went to Time Capsule, and now I'm up and running. Took several hours of banging my head on the keyboard, but if you follow my steps above, you should be able to update everything to work with OS 10.8 in about 20 mins.

Only gave 4 stars as I'm waiting for the firewire issue that others have experienced, but so far so good. I will update after I get a few months under the belt.

Magma Light up Football - Powered by Super Bright LED
Magma Light up Football - Powered by Super Bright LED
Offered by Reboot Sports
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Is awesome 85% of the time, November 29, 2012
Got this to throw after sundown with my 11 YO. Lights up super bright and a great color in the dark. It is a good size for anyone 9 and up. Turns on and off based on motion, but stays on when playing a leisurely game of catch. The only issue we have had is the light will spontaneously shut off from time to time. Not an issue until the ball is halfway to you and suddenly goes dark. Have been hit a time or two as a result. I suspect it has to do with batteries being jostled around as it will sometimes turn off due to extreme motion.

Hence the title. This stays on most of the time, but will turn off without warning. A simple slap and its back on, but can be disconcerting when it shuts off mid-air. I'll keep playing with the batteries to see if I can secure them better than the current set up. My son and his friends love it, you just have to warn them about the occasional dark moment.

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Wall Plug Version (WN3000RP)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Wall Plug Version (WN3000RP)
Offered by Wholesale Connection
Price: $58.72
81 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but adds a second network., November 5, 2012
First a disclaimer about my wifi network abilities. Outside of a firmware upgrade, my ability to manage my wifi network is limited at best. I have a FIOS modem/wireless router that was resulting in less than perfect wifi speeds on the other side of my house. I purchased this because of its advertised plug n play setup and that it sits directly into an outlet.

The set up was more of a delayed plug n play. After going thru my typical router checks it finally was able to connect to the internet. Don't think it was anything I did, but after a few hours it magically started to work. Every now and then it disconnects from the network, but it always corrects itself somehow. As mentioned, I am no wifi expert, so glad this thing mostly manages itself.

The downside from my perspective (and the move down to 4 stars) is that it requires the creation of a second network ID to use the extended wifi connection. Unlike other extender solutions, I have to manually select a new network ID when trying to access the internet from the extender on my wifi devices (mostly iPhone and iPad). Because I move around throughout the house, I find myself constantly changing networks in order to optimize my wifi connection. I also end up having to set up two networks for every visitor that wants to access my wifi from their phone.

I am seriously considering the WD My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender as the product description claims that the network ID stays the same. That alone would make that a better item to consider. If you want to optimize your wifi speed as you move from room to room, you will have to constantly change networks with this item. Other than that, it works as advertised.

Epson WorkForce WF-3540 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC31201)
Offered by 24-7-Store
Price: $154.99
57 used & new from $146.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, October 17, 2012
Just got this printer and was frustrated there weren't ANY reviews to buy on so thought I would give some feedback to others. Purchased this to replace my ink hog HP Vivera which I had for 6 years. With 6 ink cartridges, that was an ink salesman's dream and I spent alot of time and money buying ink. Am hopeful that wont be the case with this printer. At least there are only 4 cartridges to maintain here!

This has a smaller footprint than my HP so was surprised at its relative compactness. I purchased to connect to my iMac and all of my associated Apple devices. Plugged it in to power, , ran the set up disc, entered my WEP key and was up and running in less than 10 mins. I have not tried printing from iOS devices yet, but happy it was easy to set up to my main PC. LOVED the touchscreen interface. It was zippy, accurate and so easy to understand.

This will be used mainly for printing school projects. The Durabright ink is also supposed to be fairly weatherproof which will come in handy if print outs ever encounter water as that guaranteed disaster with my other printer.

Unfortunately I have not printed photos yet so can't comment there. It does print fast and I loved the extra paper capacity. I will update the review this weekend when I put it through its paces. I am very satisfied so far!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2012 10:28 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2