Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for K. Howard > Reviews

Browse

K. Howard's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Howard "Kurt" RSS Feed

Guang Yuankun-Contemporary Chinese Painters Painting of Tigers (Chinese Edition)
by guang yuan kun

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures, but only 40 pages total., November 25, 2014
It is a nice book with full color Chinese Tiger Paintings aprox. size of book is 15" x 10". and most paintings are 15" tall. There is a big mistake in the listing. I brought this book because the amazon info said it was 199 pages, but that is not true. This book is only 40 pages. The text is all in Chinese.

Cast Iron Oak Leaf Stepping Stone
Cast Iron Oak Leaf Stepping Stone
Offered by Garden & Home Decor Gifts
Price: $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Oak Leaf Much SMALLER than advertised, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Cast Iron Oak Leaf Stepping Stone
The description listed this as a stepping stone 18" long x 13" x 4". What I got looked like a mini version of what was described. It is a metal leaf, but it is only 13" long x 9" wide x less than a quarter of an inch thick. It looks more like a trivet without any backing than a stepping stone. I would never have paid $28 plus $21 shipping for this had I known.

If it were close to 20 inches long and 15 wide and 4 thick, it would be beautiful. Too bad this item is not as described!

Zoom 3095 USB Mini External Modem - USB - 1 x RJ-11 Phone Line - 56 Kbps
Zoom 3095 USB Mini External Modem - USB - 1 x RJ-11 Phone Line - 56 Kbps
Offered by Cozy App Products
Price: $49.98
75 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great on All MAC OS -- even Mountain Lion !, September 4, 2012
I am a MAC owner and have been using the Zoom 3095 dial up modem for 6 years.

By far it is the best external USB dial up and fax modem I have ever had.

It works not only on the latest i7 quad core macs, but also the old power pc macs and every mac in between.

Over the years, I have used it with various Mac Power Pc and Intel Laptops running OS Tiger, OS Leopard, OS Snow Leopard, OS Lion and OS Mountain Lion. It is easy PLUG AND PLAY on all of them! I use it back and forth between my old 17" powerbook and my new 2011 Macbook Air without any problem. Each instantly recognizes it and is ready to go. I use it everyday to connect to the internet and some days to fax documents from MS Office 2008 with no problems.

Plug it directly into the Mac and not into a usb hub so it can draw enough power.

Most usb modems either support 32 bit OS like Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard or 64 bit like Lion and Mountain Lion, but the zoom 3095 is a better usb modem because it works great on both 23 bit and 64 bit Macs. Of course, it also works on windows and Linux, but I have not tried that because I only use Macs.

GCI Outdoor 360 Sports Stool, Black
GCI Outdoor 360 Sports Stool, Black
Price: $37.70
5 used & new from $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Portable Stool- Good Concept, Bad Manufacturing, March 6, 2012
I purchased this because I wanted a portable stool that was study, strong enough to hold 250 lbs and high enough 20-21 inches off the ground so that it would be easy to get up from. This came in a nice travel bag, and seemed not too heavy to carry. The legs come folded in half. There is a bungie cord inside the legs that makes them easily snap into place and come apart just like the links in a folding cane. The 3 legs are all attached to one another. When I went to swivel the 3 legs together so that the tops of the legs would fit into the 3 groves under the seat, BIG PROBLEM. They don't fit. I have been assembling prefab furniture for my family over 30 years. I, do my own household plumbing, and most of my own home repair. This matters because when I say, there was no way that the legs of the stool I got were manufactured to fit correctly in the grooves under the seat, you know that this is coming from a person who should have been able to set this up in under a minuet. I spent over 45 min. looking at ways to make this work, and finally decided that it was not worth it. The feet are light weight flimsy plastic. I doubt they would support 250 lbs even if I could get the seat on with I can't. I am very disappointed in the stool. For over $40 plus shipping it should at least be study and set up correctly which it doesn't.

Lock Laces - Green - Green Apple
Lock Laces - Green - Green Apple
Offered by My Luxury Brands
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lace Locks do work, November 14, 2011
This review is from: Lock Laces
These Lace Locks are the best of the 3 shoelace locking systems I have tried. They are easy to use and stay in place. You lace you shoes the normal way. Put your shoes on. Then insert the locks on the end of the laces. After that string the laces through the little cone leaving a few inches of laces at the end for adjustments. Cut of the any left over length of the laces. Tie them in a knot and put the knot in the cone and your set. They stay in place and you can slip you shoes on and off. Sometimes, the knot comes out of the cone, but the locks still keep laces in place.

My only complaint is that I wanted white to match my white athletic shoes. When you order white in these, what you get is white with black that looks more like ZEBRA striped laces. I really just want SOLID WHITE, but they don't sell that.

Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Ultra Portable External Hard Drive (Metallic Blue)
2 used & new from $84.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Some Macbook and Powerbook owners need to buy extra Power Supply or won't work!, May 29, 2011
Problem:
A WD My Passport external USB hard drive is not detected when connected to a Mac PowerBook, ibook, or some MacBooks.

Cause:
The reason it does not work on any Powerbook or ibook Mac Laptops computers is that they do not generate enough power via the USB port. Some MacBook Laptops also do not provide enough power through a single USB port for the WD Passport(tm) external USB hard drive to work correctly. The WD Passport(tm) external USB hard drive requires a minimum of 1000Ma (Milliamps) of power for proper usage.

So Western Digital forces you to buy and additional power supply and/or cables for it to work!!! You can purchase a WD Passport(tm) Power Supply or a USB 2.0 Power Booster Cable from Accessories page on the WD Online Store. So that adds to the cost. PLUS, IF YOU HAVE TO BUY AN ADDITIONAL POWER SUPPLY, IT'S NOT AN EASY PORTABLE JUST PLUG AND PLAY USB DRIVE AS ADVERTISED!

Wish the description told me that before I purchased it.

If you have a later multi core Intel Macbook it may work fine after formating with Disk Utility because they generate much more power via the USB connection. Check your laptop specs regarding power via the USB ports to be sure this will work for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 10:48 PM PDT

Franke 903 Inox Cream 8.5oz (250ml)
Franke 903 Inox Cream 8.5oz (250ml)
Price: $19.20
8 used & new from $17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Inox is awsome!, February 12, 2011
Inox stainless steel polish is the best! Got rid of set in hard water stains on my 30 year old flatware and made it shine like new! Also, made my 20 year old stainless sink look beautiful! Best stainless polish I have ever used!

Perplexus Original Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc.
Perplexus Original Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc.
Offered by Geektoypia
Price: $19.99
187 used & new from $11.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Perplexus compared to Superplexus and Magic Intellect Ball, October 31, 2009
Perplexus is sphere in which you guide a small silver ball around an obstacle course. This is an almost identical copy of the Superplexus. The Perplexus and Superplexus are both 23 inches around. The only differences between they two are that the Superplexus has a completely clear globe, digital timer, more solid construction and is a bit heaver. The magic Intellect Ball or Magic Intennect Ball are also similar toys which are 95% the same as the Perplexus. The differences being that the Magic Balls have a completely clear globes, two different turns in the course and are only 20 inches around.

Perplexus positives:
The part of the course that is constructed correctly is fun. (All but one part of the course works in mine.)
Nice Colors.

Perplexus negatives:
The swing arm part in the middle of the second section is poorly constructed. In order to make it swing, the screw is too loose which means that the ball can NOT drop into the right place. So, there is no way to complete section Two.

Instead of having a clear sphere, like Superplexus, Magic Intellect Ball and Magic Intennect Ball, Perplexus has a 3 inch across watermark/stamp that says "Buksi" in the plastic on the top and bottom of the ball. When looking through this watermark/stamp the track the ball follows is fuzzy. Worse than that having to look back and forth over and over between the clear and cloudy plastic stamp as I do the maze give me a bad headache!!!!!

What a shame they put that annoying "Buksi" stamp there. If only the globe was completely clear and the swing arm worked it would be a 5 star toy. Best I can give it is 3 stars and I recommend you buy the Superplexus or Magic Intellect ball instead because that have all the best parts of Perplexus with a completely Clear Globe.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 6:12 PM PST

Passport Essential 2.5" 320GB USB Hard Drive
Passport Essential 2.5" 320GB USB Hard Drive
Offered by Big Sky Home & Health
Price: $109.95
2 used & new from $98.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac Users Beware!, July 10, 2009
Problem:
A WD My Passport external USB hard drive is not detected when connected to a Mac PowerBook, ibook, early MacBook or Mac G4.

Cause:

So Western Digital forces you to buy and additional power supply and/or cables for it to work!!! You can purchase a WD Passport(tm) Power Supply or a USB 2.0 Power Booster Cable from Accessories page on the WD Online Store. So that adds to the cost. PLUS, IF YOU HAVE TO BUY AN ADDITIONAL POWER SUPPLY, IT'S NOT AN EASY PORTABLE JUST PLUG AND GO DRIVE AS ADVERTISED! Plus you it adds to the cost.

Wish the description told me that before I purchased it.

If you have an later multi core Intel Macbook it may work fine after formating with Disk Utility because they generate much more power via the USB connection. Check your laptop specs regarding power via the USB ports to be sure this will work for you.