Profile for plubius tullius > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

plubius tullius RSS Feed (Central NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hope Home Office Natural Wood Surface 32to12 1 Quart 100% Tung Oil Cleaner
Hope Home Office Natural Wood Surface 32to12 1 Quart 100% Tung Oil Cleaner
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $19.00
15 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice finish, June 13, 2014
This is really great stuff, I've used it on a couple of wood projects now - I used to be sold on BLO (boiled linseed oil) but now tung oil is my go too. The finish holds up better and is more water resistant than BLO.

The Paper Jacket
The Paper Jacket
by Paul A Matthews
Price: $17.21
17 used & new from $13.66

4.0 out of 5 stars good starter point, but with limitations, June 13, 2014
This review is from: The Paper Jacket (Paperback)
this book was suggested in several places on a casters site, and it's a nice to have, but was actually limited in the level of detail it provides on paper patching. It would benefit with more pictures, and also with more information on patching smaller and more modern calibers.

Still, it's an entertaining read.

Dan Morris - Grateful Dead Night and Day Steal Your Face - Sticker / Decal
Dan Morris - Grateful Dead Night and Day Steal Your Face - Sticker / Decal
Offered by Best Price Mirror
Price: $1.90
6 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars grateful sticker, June 13, 2014
awesome color great design, and good size. I put on a thick magnetic sheet for a friends new car - looks great.

Licenses Products Grateful Dead Steal Your Face Button Magnet, 3"
Licenses Products Grateful Dead Steal Your Face Button Magnet, 3"
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $1.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Refrigerator only, June 13, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for a dead-head friend that just got a new car, but it's not suitable for a car - it's strictly a refrigerator magnet.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THIS: Catastrophic failure, May 11, 2013
This blew apart with less than 10 rounds on an AR Pistol.

Yes - blew apart - I found 2 pieces - missing the other - I'm glad nobody got hurt.

Needless to say - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT - AVOID IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice - good price, May 11, 2013
This makes quick charging very easy - no lobster claw - just slap it back with the side of your left hand.

My one complainte is the finish is a bit glossy - I'm sure there are better units, but I liked the price.

Sony ICF-S10MK2 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Silver
Sony ICF-S10MK2 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Silver
Price: $12.49
103 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars limited use its ok, March 23, 2013
Maybe I've just been spoiled by the little Kaito, but I'm just not excited by this radio.

I am a radio junky. I admit it. I buy them, play with them, listen to them, keep some, and give away many. I have maybe 20 radios right now. And I just can't get excited about this Sony.

Most everything about this radio is "OK" - don't get me wrong. there are a few annoying things about it - most notable the single channel output using the jack.

And though the size is typical for transistor radios of my Father's Day, it seems huge compared to Kaito KA200. Carrying this radio in your pocket is a joke. I bought this thinking a 2 x AA radio would be better for my bug out bag but found the 2 x AAA kaito lasted longer and saves considerable space.

reception is "OK" I guess, battery life "OK", clarity "OK" ho humm... That is so unlike Sony.

Playmobil Security Check Point
Playmobil Security Check Point
Offered by Enabled4Success
Price: $225.95
5 used & new from $225.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This toy is missing parts, January 10, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This toy isnt much fun.

It's also missing naked playmobil children and playmobil little old ladies getting cavity searched by the TSA agents. I mean, how can you have realistic police state fun without that?

I'm waiting for Playmobil to bring us "Fast and Furious: Mexican Gun Walk" where we see BATF agents permitting drug cartel characters buy guns and cross the border with them.

Smith & Wesson CK110GL Executive Folder Knife, Gold
Smith & Wesson CK110GL Executive Folder Knife, Gold
Price: $16.77
17 used & new from $15.25

3.0 out of 5 stars You can do better, December 17, 2012
I got this knife because it caught my eye at an outdoors show.

The best feature of this knife is the looks. I bought this "executive" knife for everyday carry - and have - on my belt or clipped in my pocket. As one review put it, it looks pretty classy. It doesn't spook people.

It was slightly tough to work new, which is to be expected, but it loosened up after working it a few days until I could flip it open with a flip of my wrist and only a minor start with my thumb.

The knife was sharp new. It was not Mora razor sharp, but it would cut pretty cleanly. I did over work it on a project but was able to put a decent edge back on it pretty quickly with a basic knife sharpener.

So it had initially provided the necessary utility of a basic EDC knife. So, I rate it a 3, and I might be exceedingly generous here.

The problems I have with it is that it constantly loosens in daily use, and I have to tighten the main screw that forms the pivot - I find as you open the knife the screw continues to loosen and you have to retighten it or I fear it will simply fall off.

Additionally, I whipped it out one day and something went flying - I thought it was something that was in my pocket, but it turned out to be one of the tiny torx screws (smaller than T8 but I'm not sure what they are) that hold the frame sides together. I could never find it, nor could I find a replacement in any hardware store that small. There are enough screws in it that the knife did not fall apart. However, I know fear its only a matter of time they loosen themselves again and I'll end up missing another.

So, I am on the look for a replacement. I want a knive that I can depend on, not one that gives me problems. I'll stick this one in my desk, but I don't want to rely on it for every day carry. Perhaps if you don't use a knife much it might fit the role, but I still think you can find better.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff for restoring AR mags, November 28, 2012
I found a bunch of 20 year old AR15 mags. They were all functional and the springs were fine. The only thing wrong was cosmetic.

I did some research and it turns out these mags (the metal ones) are finished wiht a dry Moly film lubricant.

So I picked up some of this and refinished the mags... now they look like new... in fact it encouraged me to pick up some of the no-tilt followers.

Since then I've found numerous other applications for this strictly as a lubricant!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3