Profile for Samantha Revis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Samantha Revis RSS Feed (Sante Fe, New Mexico)

Page: 1 | 2
Keepers Of The Garden
Keepers Of The Garden
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many typos, December 6, 2012
I am trying to enjoy the content but there are so many typos that it is hard to concentrate on the message. Simple proof reading before publicaton would be beneficial.

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett
Price: $10.39
1133 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, August 19, 2011
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I agree with the author about when she quoted Howell Raines who wrote:

" There is no trickier subject for a writer from the South than that of affection between a black person and a white one in the unequal world of segregation...."

I believe it doesn't do anyone any good to pretend that the life and times were better than they actually were. As someone who grew up with domestic help always around (although our maids were Mexican ) I liked reading about growing up with Negro maids. It was fun to read and it made me laugh at times and cry at times and provoked thought. Isn't that what a good read does?

The writing was a little rough around the edges but, hey, this is her first book. Good for her.

Wisdom Menopause Formula - "The One That Works" Fast Acting Herbal Solution for Menopausal Symptoms- Hormone Free
Offered by GDI Labs
Price: $36.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Let me down, February 24, 2009
The only thing this product does is make you $40.00 poorer. I take that back......... The other thing it does is make the hot flashes hotter and last longer. Instead of 5 minute hot flashes, I consistently got 20 minute hot flashes. When you haven't slept a full night in 6 months you indeed get desperate and will try anything. Trust me, save your money on this one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2010 8:22 AM PDT

What Happens in Vegas (Widescreen Edition)
What Happens in Vegas (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Cameron Diaz
Price: $8.17
385 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars With two beers it's better, September 9, 2008
This is a funny "no brainer" movie with a sweet ending. You don't have to think about the plot, it is very predictable. Just relax and enjoy the slap stick humor. This is a good movie to watch after a hard day of work with a couple beers and some popcorn. It will make you laugh and you don't have to bring your brain. This would be a great first date movie too.

The Times of Our Lives: Extraordinary True Stories of Synchronicity, Destiny, Meaning, and Purpose
by Louise L. Hay
Price: $13.46
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, August 8, 2008
This is the perfect Airport/Airplane book. Very nice compilation of stories and most of them short. You may need a Kleenex or two for some of the stories. Very heartwarming and easy to read. I especially loved the stories by Doreen Virtue and John Edwards.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Love it-Hate it, June 17, 2008
This is a good bargain and a good place to watch Abraham interact with those in the "hot seat". I have watched this many times and pick up something new each time. It really depends on what mood and mind frame I'm in. Abraham says their message is always the same and they laugh at how nit-picky those of us in human form are. I have each of the other DVD's and enjoy them too. HOWEVER, On the down side, I have become aware that about half of the ones chosen to be in the hot seat seem to be shills planted in the audience and appear to have pre-planned questions. This became apparent after I attended a workshop and during the breaks noticed certain people would come up to the front to converse with their staff. I found it ironic that these same people would be called to the hot seat and many were reading their questions from note cards. I also noticed sometimes Abraham will point in a direction and says "Stand if you think it is you". Only then would Abraham (Esther) single out the people I had seen conversing with the staff earlier. What really made the suspicions concrete was watching the young lady at the end of this DVD who asked the question about God. Watch closely and you will see what I am talking about. She is reading a question that it is obvious Esther wrote (or maybe re-wrote). Esther over uses the phase "in other words" and as this young lady is reading the question very slowly it is obvious. True, it may have been her question originally but must have been rewritten by Esther for clarity. Don't get me wrong, it is a good question and the answer is amazing. It just reeks of marketing with a hint of condescension. It makes me a little sad.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 10:57 PM PST

Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow
Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow
by Steven Lane Taylor
Price: $14.40
87 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch, May 8, 2008
I was excited when this book arrived and loved the first part of the book. The preface, introduction, and the first chapter were great. Huge let down in Chapter 2 when the author switches from "God is within you" mentality to "God is the parent" mentality (pictures of Morgan Freeman, George Burns or Father-Time flood my head). He even says in the introduction "It is not my intention to impose a specific face on the source of this force I call the flow". With phrases like "What God knows is possible for you is always far grander than what you think is possible for yourself" and "As with any loving parent, God keeps your best interest in mind knowing that you may have a limited view of what is actually good for you" the author directly contradicts him self. This would be a good book for a deeply religious Christian person but not at all palatable for leading edge new age thinkers.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2010 9:32 PM PDT

Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
by D. D. Watkins
Price: $10.62
125 used & new from $1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 4, 2008
The Law of Attraction is a powerful tool that can change your life if put into practice. Esther and Jerry Hicks have done it better than anyone I've ever seen but Jack Canfield and D.D. Watkins do a pretty good job of repeating the same information in a more simple format. Jack Canfield has clout that makes the message easier to swallow for those that are a little resistant to some new age thinking. This book is cute, short (less than 150 pages) and priced right. I think it would make a good gift for someone you care about.

The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today
The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today
by Ken Blanchard
Price: $16.32
273 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Childish and Lame, January 31, 2008
I have read other books similar to this and always enjoyed them. This book, however is lame at best. I have a hard time believing Ken Blanchard would associate himself with this work. When I read this line "Praise is the easiest way to let people know they are appreciated" I immediately felt disdain. How sad would be the manager that would read this and have an epiphany. This book was childish and 99% of the content unnecessary. The title doesn't even match the content. This should have been titled "You don't need a pill to be a good leader".

The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
by Jack Canfield
Price: $12.19
230 used & new from $0.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab-Fab, December 4, 2007
Fantastic book. I am recommending it to everyone I care about. I bought an extra copy just so I'll have one handy to give away.

Page: 1 | 2