Profile for Curmudgeon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Curmudgeon RSS Feed (Ontario)

M320 2938 2939 2986 00-04 FORD FOCUS 2.0L SOHC Transmission Engine Motor Mount Motor & Torque Strut Mount 00 01 02 03 04
Offered by ZAMOZUAN
Price: $72.75
2 used & new from $60.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Lower mount trashed in 3 months, October 7, 2013
The lower mount rubber was completely useless and had to be replaced within 3 months! Do not buy this garbage!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost useless, June 13, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer who found that underwater it was a pain, it was very unstable. You had pretty much stop in the water and wait for the darn thing to settle to get any kind of a reading. I found it to be pretty much useless on a dive while trying low viz navigation.
Gotta buy a GOOD compass

Photographer's Guide to the Canon PowerShot S100
Photographer's Guide to the Canon PowerShot S100
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version has very poor pictures on my Ipad2, May 15, 2012
I was all excited to read a complete guide to my new S100. The text is fine and the explanations are very clear, but the pictures used as illustration are practically useless. There are fewer pictures than I would have expected, though that wasn't really an issue. The picture quality certainly was. To see them on the iPad screen you need to expand them. Under any magnification, the resolution is so poor as to make the picture useless as an example of what the author intends to show. In some cases, it's so bad that the icon he talks about is invisible with all the pixelation. I would return this book if it was possible.

Update:
Amazing Amazon! They immediately refunded my money, and I since went to Whiteknightexpress, (at the author's suggestion), and d/l'd the PDF to my PC and I'm now a happy camper, changing my rating to 4 stars. It would be 5, but being a visual type I like LOTS of pictures.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 8:48 PM PDT

GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition
GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition
Offered by ArchStanton
Price: $349.99
17 used & new from $193.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You can pry my GoPro2 from my cold, dead fingers!, March 31, 2012
I tried a GoPro1 and wasn't that impressed, so I tried the GoPro2 and was very pleased! It's even better when you do the firmware upgrade and get more FOV's.

I have mounted the BlurFix lens for underwater. My only complaint is the way bright objects get "blown out" on underwater video, but my G12 had the same problem, so maybe it's something I'm doing wrong.
I got the LCD Backpac for Christmas, and love it for handheld underwater shooting.

My only other complaint is that the buttons are hard to work wearing 5mm wetsuit gloves.

GoPro Flat Lens OCULUS Blur Fix-UNDERWATER Flat Lens+Red Filter For HERO1 Camera
Offered by RageCams USA
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a BlurFix..completely different product!, March 31, 2012
This product is not a BlurFix.

This is a BlurFix:
GoPro Flat Lens BlurFix

A Blurfix is a very different solution for the GoPRo. It uses a 55mm filter and different mounting system. It seems to be a pretty cheap way to try to sell a product. I wouldn't trust these people.

Drak USB Interface for the Nemo Wide Dive Computer - Sale Save $40
Drak USB Interface for the Nemo Wide Dive Computer - Sale Save $40
Offered by Dolphin Scuba Center
Price: $79.95
9 used & new from $79.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing, May 30, 2010
It works, but there are no instructions other than for how to set it up and hook it to the Nemo. There are features that allow you to modify tank values and other info, but they are disabled in the Nemo Wide. The Nemo Air and Puck can use these features, so why they're disabled for the Nemo Wide is puzzling, and annoying. It would be good to be able to input beginning and ending pressures and have it calculate your BVR, especially when the features are showing,but don't work.
So far, As a Nemo Wide user, I'm not impressed