Profile for joosyfroot > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

joosyfroot RSS Feed (los angeles, ca)

All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art
All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art
by Molly Stevens
Price: $22.79
65 used & new from $11.35

5.0 out of 5 stars All-In-One All About Roasting!, December 1, 2011
I don't cook often due to my hectic work schedule, but when I can, I LOVE it. I hosted my first Thanksgiving this year and my go-to book was Molly Stevens' All About Roasting because I enjoyed her previous book, All About Braising. A first time turkey can be stressful, but let me tell you... Molly Stevens walks you through it, step by step, from buying tips, to brining tricks that keep the turkey juicy and skin crispy/golden brown! Her manner is very instructional with great explanations for why you're doing what you're doing. She holds your hand through the whole process! The Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Capers and Lemony Browned Butter was simple to make and absolutely delicious--even the kids that don't usually go near the greens loved them.

The general organization and layout of the book are great as well. Stevens begins with The Principles of Roasting, a 49 page chapter on the science behind what is going on inside your oven during the roasting process, what roasting methods work for which types of food and why, and factors to consider when investing in equipment that will save you money in the long-run. What I love is that all you really need is a good roasting pan! Then she goes onto the cooking...

The book is broken down into different chapters: Beef & Lamb, Pork, Chicken & Poultry, Fish & Shellfish, Vegetables & Fruits. Recipes with the same main ingredient are grouped together, building initially on a basic version for preparation, and followed up by variations to the basic recipe and "go-withs" that give the meal a whole new twist, and then tips on how to shop, store (if needed), prepare (ie. everything from teaching you how to trim and peel asparagus).

Overall a great book to read and cook your way through. It's an excellent companion to All About Braising and I'm sure you'll be an expert at roasting and adapting to make your own recipes by the end of your journey! My only wish was that there were more beautiful pictures!

Sunshade for ACURA MDX 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 HEATSHIELD Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade
Offered by PROTRIM INC
Price: $34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done!, September 28, 2011
This Heatshield Sunshade gets the job done. It fits the Acura MDX 2007 windshield perfectly and reduces temperatures dramatically on a hot day. I should have gotten one of these sooner! I should note however, this is the roll up rather than the accordion fold-up, and sometimes you may have to give it a second roll in order to get it tight enough to use the attached velcro strap. Otherwise, no complaints about the performance.