Profile for K. Beard > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 588

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Beard RSS Feed (Philly)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Color Oops Hair Color Remover Extra Strength 1 Application
Color Oops Hair Color Remover Extra Strength 1 Application
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $12.39
15 used & new from $11.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than I Could Have Ever Expected!, April 22, 2014
I've been dying my hair for 20+ years non-stop. I naturally have dirty dishwater blonde hair and I have to let my inner red head shine. I have always been a diy'er & I've paid the iron price for my experience. I decided to get my hair professionally done about a year and a half ago. I asked the stylist for Christina Henricks, she gave me purple-magenta. I chalked it up to experience & when it was time to re-dye, it came out dark dark dark. I dont blame this lady for damaging my hair beyond belief, but she definitely put some sort of a hex on it. I decided to go uber light, but I wanted to 'clean out' my hair follicles so that the dye would take better. Enter Color Oops Hair Color Remover. I slathered it on, popped on a plastic cap & a towlie turbie and sat in the stank for the full 20 minutes. Not going to lie-it is pretty bad. I think the best place to use this product is in a rocking chair on an old wooden porch during a warm summer day. I, unfortunately, was in a basement in Philly. I made sure to bring my ipad into the shower to set a 20 minute timer. I shampooed 3x, used conditioner & applied Its a 10 leave in conditioner and Pantene Pro-V Overnight Miracle Repair Serum overnight. Woke up to WHOA! the color is better than i could have ever hoped/expected. It turned the top of my hair a medium strawberry blonde into a medium red brown at the ends with the ultimately perfect ombre in the middle. It is seriously amazing. Downside: I might get fired because all i can do is look at my gorge hair in the mirror all day & people keep whistling Carly Simon tunes in the hallways.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Replacement Battery (2100 mAh) for AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Models
Offered by PINKTECH
Price: $8.41
74 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubb's Replacement Battery, April 15, 2014
So, the hubb's phone charger portal stopped accepting any plugs, so he needed to find a solution to charge the phone without the actual phone. Being a genius, I ordered this battery & an external battery charger. Problem solved. The battery holds a charge & is a good solution to a weird problem.

RCA RC127I High Quality FM Radio with Alarm Clock + Audio line-in (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Buy A Electronics
Price: $13.35
39 used & new from $5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud & Awesome, April 15, 2014
I needed a new alarm clock that can really wake me up, easy to use & the least amount of moving parts. (I previously had an old CD alarm clock where the open door button was right next to the snooze, so it would open and get jammed and something happened where it began to play a Europe CD some mornings. I'm not a big bad fan of Europe, but it was the only CD I could find in my possession) I picked up this for less than a Hamilton & I couldn't be happier with the ease of use & the volume. I deducted one star because it doesn't have a dimmer on the display, so if I don't have something blocking it at night I sort of feel like Kramer when Kenny Rodger's Chicken moved in next door; otherwise it is awesome.

Philadelphia Skyline Vinyl Decal for Car Window, Laptop, Wall Etc
Philadelphia Skyline Vinyl Decal for Car Window, Laptop, Wall Etc
Offered by urbandecal
Price: $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate to be the bearer of bad news..., April 14, 2014
This isn't the Philly Skyline. Where is the Comcast Center? Also, City Hall looks to be about as tall as Liberty? I'm not one to nit-pick, but it really is not that difficult to look up.

Silent Vibrating Personal Alarm Clock "Shake-N-Wake"
Silent Vibrating Personal Alarm Clock "Shake-N-Wake"
Offered by Modern Everyday
Price: $16.00
35 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Use your phone instead., April 9, 2014
Now, I am no tech-genius, but I know my way around gadgets. This little guy is beyond confusing. I thought I would get used to it, but I cant figure it out. Moreover, this is the same vibration that you get from any smart phone. Just strap yr smart phone to you. You definitely do not need this product-sending back.

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
Offered by AZPerfume
Price: $28.22
76 used & new from $17.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked Beautifully...Until It Didn't...Then it Died. (5 months), April 9, 2014
Purchased 11/15; Used about 35 hours a week. I had to replace the battery in my mouse once (no bfd). Little to no delay in typing/mouse clicking. Works fabulously...when it works. For about the last three weeks, the little usb receptor thing isn't being recognized by my computer--I have to tap it and wait, tap it an wait, tap it and wait. Every morning. Every time the computer goes into standby. Sometimes for no reason at all. I tried re-installing the driver, but same results. Aye-Yey-Yey! It works great...when it works. I tried it on my work computer and my home computer just to be sure that it is the keyboard/mouse/usb. It is weird. It isn't annoying enough to purchase a replacement, but it is enough to make me write a bad review. I recommend forgoing this set-it is definitely on the cheaper side, but if you have to replace it every 5 months, it is a horrible value.

Update: Well, it finally died. Microsoft support to replace the usb receiver is non-existent. To be clear, this was in my office, unmoved, for 5 months before it gave out. That is really unacceptable.

Prepworks from Progressive International GOC-310 Onion Chopper
Prepworks from Progressive International GOC-310 Onion Chopper
Offered by Salad in Style
Price: $17.25
19 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh. A. Mah. GAWD!, February 11, 2014
My husband has developed the strange ability to have weird kitchen gadgets follow him home from the store. Most of the time I can tell right away if something is going to be a dust collector or actually useful. This Progressive Onion Chopper was immediately dismissed as a general 'bad idea'--I mean, it looks like it is ready to fall apart, or get clogged, or completely un-cleanable. I could not have been more wrong. I first used this little guy to chop onions for some delicious delicious chili that i was making. It tore thru those onions and peppers so easily, so uniformly, it was amazing. It is really great to be pleasantly surprised. Clean up was a breeze because of this tiny included rake that gets into the squares. I highly recommend this tool, it is definitely worthwhile.

04/21/2014 Update: Guess What? This thing is still awesome. Here are the top 5 things I have learned thus far:

Carrots: Cut baby carrots in half & chop. If they are too big, you will need the strength of a marvel superhero to press the door down & complete the process. I've found it helps to yell "HULK SMASH!" whilst you are fighting an overly-pushy veggie.

Lettuce: Don't be lazy & try to chop lettuce in here; It just turns to water & your taco will be less than pleased.

Tomato: If you use cherry tomatoes, you can totally chop them in this, but be sure to grab a tarp & cover yourself. There were little seeds exploding everywhere. Some interesting places I found seeds: My Dress. My Upper Cabinet Doors. The Window. My Hair. It's cool though, because I've never been to a Gallagher show and I think that this is pretty much the jist of it.

Onions: No more crying for you. Pop some sliced onions in this bad boy & your eyeliner will still be flawless. This convenience does have one downside--with the ease of cutting onions, you will be more inclined to include them in your cooking adventures & onions smell terrible after you have eaten them. Seriously, use with caution.

Veggie Dogs: "Veggie Wah?" Yep- veggie dogs. Chop em up, throw them in a fry pan with some bacon,(don't judge me) mix them up with beans and you, my friend, are in for a treat. These fantastic little morsels are the best & you will be the life of the party--Biggie Smalls Style.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 8:45 AM PDT

New Balance Women's W770 Running Shoe,Green/Grey,7 D US
New Balance Women's W770 Running Shoe,Green/Grey,7 D US

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOOOOOVE, February 11, 2014
these are super comfy, super cute and super affordable. Next time I try to purchase non-New Balance shoes, I want someone to bonk me in the head to try & knock some sense into me.

Quantum Riveting Reds Color Replenishing Shampoo 10.2 oz.
Quantum Riveting Reds Color Replenishing Shampoo 10.2 oz.
Offered by SUNDANCE Beauty
Price: $9.14
3 used & new from $8.79

1.0 out of 5 stars YUCK!, February 11, 2014
Maybe I'm spoiled my my paraban-sulfate chocked shampoos, but I hate hate HATED this shampoo. It was a weird consistancy, did not suds up at all, and it made my shower look like I had a visit from Dexter. I purchased at Sally's on sale & I was stuck with a vat of gross "shampoo" bleh! really turned me off to the whole Quantum brand.

Milk Sucking Preventer
Milk Sucking Preventer
Offered by Vet & Farm Essentials
Price: $3.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Holy Jesus, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Milk Sucking Preventer (Misc.)
Wait-This is a thing!?! Disclaimer-I have neither a cow nor a calf, but this device just seems mean spirited. Totally weird.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 8:26 AM PDT