Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for E. Krenz > Reviews

E. Krenz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Krenz RSS Feed (Gilburt MN)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Swing and a Miss..., April 8, 2014
If you're a young lady with a nice figure, this shirt is for you. If you're an "XL" dude, the emblem on the front is placed in just such a manner )strangely too low) that you'll understand my review.

MXR M101 Phase 90
MXR M101 Phase 90
Price: $79.44
77 used & new from $57.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed "The Test of Time...", April 8, 2014
This review is from: MXR M101 Phase 90 (Electronics)
When I first started to build my pedal board several years ago, I got one of these, and I tried it our for all of TEN minutes before sending it back for a replacement. I honestly ~believed~ the one I received was defective, and I was stunned when its replacement arrived and sounded exactly the same. Yuck. Don't believe the false endorsements of these products on amazon by Dunlop Manufacturing Inc - don't play your guitar through a ridiculous , thin-sounding, tone-sucking, mass produced piece of junk that goes <~POP~!!!> and <HISSSSSSSSSS!> when you hit the switch. This may have been "good" 30 years ago, but now nearly EVERY phaser option out there - even ones based on this circuit but built by other smaller companies - is better sounding and more useful than this.

Weber 1520 Propane Gas Go-Anywhere Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Weber 1520 Propane Gas Go-Anywhere Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Negative 1 Star - LOOK ELSEWHERE!, April 15, 2010
I've struggled with this cheaply made piece of junk for over two years, and after a final evening of frustration, it sailed off the 2nd floor deck in the general direction of the garbage dumpster. It doesn't heat up properly (some of these units heat properly, others like mine don't = POOR quality control), the way it cooks varies greatly depending on how much propane is in the can, and it takes only a slight breeze to blow it out. Beyond that, the plastic handle is cheesy, the heat shield will eventually burn through, and the whole unit will warp enough to make the grate difficult to take out and put back in. The push starter on mine worked only for a couple months and then broke. If you enjoy ruined meat and disappointed dinner guests, this it truly the unit for you. I'm going back to charcoal and going out of my way to NOT buy another Weber product because of the disappointment this grill has brought me.

Woodstock D2796 12-Inch Dovetail Jig with Aluminum Template
Woodstock D2796 12-Inch Dovetail Jig with Aluminum Template
Price: $78.00

1.0 out of 5 stars -1 stars: Don't even THINK of buying this..., July 26, 2009
As a beginning woodworker, I too purchased this unit several years ago, spent an afternoon trying to get it to work, and then shelved the thing in frustration. With several years of experience under my belt, I decided to dedicate another afternoon to getting this jig to perform properly - no such luck. I think part of my problem is that the comb table or template on mine is not of consistent thickness, but whatever the case; I'm unable to adjust the unit with any sort of precision. Also, between the router base AND work surfaces, there seems to be a whole lot of rocking going on - a little flatness goes a long way...

In the interest of ending the cycle of frustration, this dovetail jig will not even make it to eBay - it's going to be flung high and long on the scrap heap at the local landfill. I'd use it for a boat anchor, but I suspect it would probably break. I actually logged on today for the sole purpose of researching its replacement - not to review it - and I was very surprised to see that it was still being sold. There must be millions of poorly built drawers out there by now. "Always buy the best tool you can afford, you get what you pay for, etc...."

Palm TX Handheld
Palm TX Handheld
Offered by CBD technology
Price: $97.00
29 used & new from $64.90

1.0 out of 5 stars ZERO stars..., January 21, 2009
This review is from: Palm TX Handheld (Office Product)
I got one of these as a replacement for my Sony Clie (a decent enough unit), and it's been HUGELY frustrating. The stylus is always misaligned, and it STINKS and interpreting letters like "t," "x," and "f." Then, no matter how careful you are, it will interpret your attempts at backspaces instead as two "periods" so trying to delete a "C" that was supposed to be an "F" will look like this: C........

The little tool bar below the writing box is too close, and if you accidentally "go outside the lines," you can hit one of those buttons and delete - without being prompted - whatever you're doing. BAH!!

This Palm is best suited for use as a doorstop, and chiseling your notes into a piece of stone with a chisel would be much less frustrating and nearly as fast.

Do not by this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Not rocket science..., May 1, 2007
I use these units to ice fish in Northern Minnesota sometimes through 3 feet of ice and in temps as low as -30. They're simple and they work great. They're easy to pack and set up and have accounted for many a walleye. Get the black, not the orange and be sure to put some fish back!

Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router with Edge Guide
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $74.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A user-friendly and very handy trim router!, May 1, 2007
As a weekend woodworker, I bought this router for edge forming, trimming, and hinge mortising - I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any of the problems cited in other reviews. The spindle lock, collet, and wrench on my Colt are fine. As far as I can tell, the shaft is 90 degrees to the base, and the base locking mechanism is solid and well done - it makes the mechanisms on most other trim routers look ridiculous by comparison. The "problem" with the depth setting changing when the base is locked down is well described in the owner's manual and easy to work around if you have just a little patience. As far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue. If you need a router to cut lots deep dados or run all day trouble free for years, obviously this is not the right unit. It seems to me that the problems experienced by other users are caused either by misuse or by bad individual examples of what is generally a well designed product. I'm picky about tools, and this gets an easy 5 stars.

DELTA 36-600 10-Inch Table Saw
DELTA 36-600 10-Inch Table Saw

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad saw..., March 18, 2005
I bought this saw almost three years ago for home improvement projects. At the time, my workspace was limited to ½ a stall of a 1 ½ stall garage and the size of the saw was a major factor in my decision. I immediately purchased the optional Delta outfeed table brackets from Mike's Tools dot com and made my own table out of MDF. This added an extra $50 to the price of the saw but it gave me nearly the table space of a normal contractors saw in a foldaway format. My first use for this saw was to rip a pile of one hundred 10 foot pine 2/6's s to match the old dimensional lumber of our house and it's been getting heavy use ever since. Here are my pros and cons:

* The saw is fairly heavy and definitely not a toy, vibration is minimal when placed on a solid, level surface.

* Set-up was fast and easy.

* Table and wings were very flat after assembly.

* If you're not careful The saw will bog down in heavy cuts but has adequate power for most cuts if you pay attention to your feed rate.

* The fence is simple and easy to adjust to a good level of accuracy. It doesn't flex at the end and is easy to use with shop made jigs and auxiliary fences.

* Odd motor / belt design gives some advantage of a belt driven saw without a motor hanging out the back of the saw and taking up shop space.

* My biggest pet peeve is the power switch. It's small and in a bad spot. After 3 years, I still have to feel around for it at the end of almost every cut. I should install an after-market switch.

* I don't like the plastic handwheels.

* I wish the throat plates had full 4-point adjustment instead of just two screws.

* The blade guard - as with so many table saws - is barely useable.

If you want a "big" saw and have limited space, this would be a good choice. If space and money aren't an issue, look elsewhere. I've since moved to a new place and my home improvement projects have lead to furniture and cabinet making. As a result, I have outgrown my 36-600. But because it's such a nice saw, I plan to keep it as a back-up for cutting smaller parts, tenons, etc. If you choose this saw, you should also by a mobile base, a quality rip and a quality crosscut blade, some zero clearance inserts (you can find them if you look online), and ear and eye protection. BTW - after 5 years of looking and researching, I've decided that my next saw will be a Powermatic 64.