Profile for Taylor J. Clark > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Taylor J. Clark RSS Feed

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $16.74
49 used & new from $4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminded me why I love movies..., August 3, 2010
Most of the time, when I read a review, I wonder if the person has any credibility that is writing the review (ie: do they see a lot of movies and have discretion or are they the occasional movie goer). I have been an avid fan of the film industry since I was a kid, and I own over 700 movies. There's my cred.
Do not listen to the crackpot at the bottom of the page. I have not only played every Prince of Persia game, but I was a serious doubter in the video game to film adaption of this (kept replaying the nightmare that was "Doom"). I was extremely surprised. I am not a Jake Gyllenhall fan, but I am a Bruckheimer fan. And, I am, for the most part, a Disney fan. Apparently the reviewer at the bottom cant accurately critique a Disney film, because he doesn't even appreciate what was "Pirates".
Prince of Persia delivers in every way imaginable, and reminded me why I loved going to the movies in the first place. Is Jake Leo DiCapprio in a Scorcese film? Of course not. Is the movie realistic? Of course not, its a DISNEY FANTASY MOVIE. If you think it should be realistic, then you are the reason for the "do not try this at home" warnings on TV that the rest of the known world finds insulting. Is the movie well acted? Absolutely, for the type of movie. Is the action in the movie sufficient? More than. Is the movie enjoyable? Hell yea! I had a blast. I loved the chemistry between Jake and Gemma, and thought Bruckheimer made a convincing and thoroughly thought through story for a game that really didn't have that thorough a plot line to begin with. Excellent score for Disney, and it would make a grand classic for the whole family if added to your collection. I can't wait for it to come out.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 12:17 PM PDT

Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2008 Model)
Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2008 Model)
5 used & new from $65.50

5.0 out of 5 stars LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW, TRUST ME, June 3, 2009
I have heard the positives and negatives on this player...and let me tell you, I just got it and it is amazing. Here are the bottom lines:

Very user-friendly, easy to set up;
AMAZING picture and sound;
Automatically tells you about updates, LAN so you can hook in and download the updates;
Digital Output for true surround;
Great price!

If you are looking for a player that plays blu rays to the highest quality and has every thing you need (except for the streaming netflix, which I dont care about) then get this player! Samsung is on TOP of the high def revolution!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2009 3:03 PM PDT