Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Happylittlepeanut > Reviews

Browse

Happylittlepeanut's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Happylittlepeanut RSS Feed (San Marcos, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Outlaw Embrace
Outlaw Embrace
Price: $1.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Outlaw embrace, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Outlaw Embrace (Kindle Edition)
After reading this story, I do not believe that English is the author's first language. Missing words, extra words, undiagramable sentences and words that do not mean what the author seems to think they mean made it a challenge to read this thankfully short story.

Twelve Days of Fruitcake
Twelve Days of Fruitcake
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story well told, December 8, 2013
What a lovely story! This story about how a gift passed from one person to another, blesses and sometimes changes a life. This would make a good Christmas movie.

Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than I thought, doing well, July 3, 2013
This is my 15th day of the six week plan and I have lost 13 pounds. I do not expect to have too much trouble going four more weeks. As I was reading this book I began to make changes in my diet, increasing the nutrient density of what I was eating, so when I got to the 6-week plan, I decided to take the plunge.
I was surprised that I have rarely been hungry and when I have been it has been just before my next meal. I thought I might have trouble with gas, but I have actually had less and my digestive system has been working much better on the plan.
Breakfast: a smoothie made with fresh and frozen fruit, fresh spinach and a sprig of parsley.
Lunch: hummus (homemade, oil-free) with fresh veggies or a couple tacos (romaine leaves for taco shells and hummus for meat, no cheese) and fresh fruit.
Dinner: usually soup, but I have also made bean patties and stir-fried veggies with quinoa. More fruit or banana fluff (love this) for dessert.

I have a hard time eating everything. I do sometimes use a little salt, since I don't have trouble with blood pressure and twice I used a chicken bullion cube in making soup, but otherwise I have been faithful to the diet. I do not think I will eat this way forever, but I will be eating much better and will have no trouble going back to this stricter part of the diet as needed.

The first thing I will eat when this is done is a string cheese stick.

Flowers on the Water (A Short Love Story)
Flowers on the Water (A Short Love Story)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and touching, April 28, 2013
This is a short, touching and well-written story about a couple who find forgiveness and healing ten years after a heart-breaking tragedy. Be prepared to shed a few tears.
I look forward to reading more and longer works by this author.

The Comeback Kiss
The Comeback Kiss
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a fun read, April 27, 2013
This review is from: The Comeback Kiss (Kindle Edition)
The Comeback Kiss was such a fun book to read. I opened it (on my kindle) by accident and was hooked about a page and a half into the book. If you are looking for an interesting story told with humor, you would do well to check this one out.
Normally, I would give a book like this four stars, but it just happened to hit a few right buttons that pushed it up to five stars.

Quinoa Recipes Made Easy
Quinoa Recipes Made Easy
Price: $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars First recipe tried is delicious, March 4, 2013
I tried my first recipe from this book: Quinoa Bowl Mexican Style, last night. It was easy and delicious and I will be making it again.

Kitty
Kitty
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Kitty (Kindle Edition)
This was a quick read and a sweet story, but I wish more time had been spent developing the relationship between Kitty and James. Mr. and Mrs. Lewis were very much like Mr. and Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice and I kept hearing their BBC voices as I read this story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2015 10:26 PM PDT

One Year Alone with God: 366 Devotions on the Names of God
One Year Alone with God: 366 Devotions on the Names of God

5.0 out of 5 stars A Daily Blessing, December 30, 2012
It has been a blessing for me to be able to start each day this year with this devotional focussing on the character of God. Each day's message is short, to the point and well-written. A satisfying and nutritious part of a healthy spiritual breakfast.
I will be using this devotional again.

I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke)
I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Short Because It Is Wonderful, September 15, 2012
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am so happy that I found it. Even though the story and characters are wonderful enough that I wanted I longer book, it was the perfect length to get me to give the author a try.
I was sure I was going to enjoy the story from the very first page and I was right. This book hit so many right notes for me that I will be getting One Night in London: The Truth About the Duke when I finish this review.
If you are looking for a short, romantic story, with very likable characters and wonderful dialogue, this is a good one to try.

The Unknown Wife (Regency)
The Unknown Wife (Regency)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So Satisfying, September 9, 2012
After reading wedding Night Revenge I was very curious to read Isabel's story and to see how her situation was explained and resolved and this was a very satisfying resolution to that curiosity. I enjoyed the book ever so slightly less than the first book, perhaps because it seemed more straight-forward in the telling, but I did find myself tearing up a bit at the end.
I am very happy to have discovered the first book and to be able (thanks to kindle) to quickly get the second and enjoy it as well. This one did not leave me as curious about the next Meredith sister's story, but the pleasure of reading these two books guarantees I will be getting it as soon as I finish this review.

Page: 1 | 2