Profile for vroomzz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

vroomzz RSS Feed

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Rear facing review - Didn't live up to the hype for the price, October 24, 2011
This is mainly a rear facing review for this convertible seat:

I wanted this to be the best seat and I thought it was until I used it and compared it with others. The seat take up more room than I expected when rear facing because of the height of the bucket. Getting the angle of the seat was difficult and required several pool noodles to get it right.

The fabric breaths a little better then the velvety type, but I have snagged the inside edges of the seat fabric several times with my rings so there are large strings of fabric that stick out. Once you remove them, it removes the detail of the fabric.

The mechanical operation of the belts is not as smooth as other brands and the belts will twist and get lopsided easily, just adding to frustration. You must tighten around the legs first to pull up slack and even them out before pulling it tight. This is a good idea no matter what, but it helps to make sure they are buckled in correctly especially in this seat.

Getting to the release button is not easy nor is it very easy to release. The red release button is also had to push in as well because of a hard spring in it.

When my son was younger, his head always seemed to looked pushed forward compared to other seats. He always looked uncomfortable and fussed more when I put him in this seat. Since he is getting bigger, this seems like less of an issue.

I do not recommend this as a convertible seat for younger rear facing children. I do hope I will like it more once it is front facing, but the quality is lower than expected considering I could have got what some consider a "premium brand" seat for about the same price when on sale. I do think there is a quality of operation difference that the price of this seat does not make up for in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2011 9:45 PM PST