Profile for D M Pax > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D M Pax "Kahuna" RSS Feed (Hawaii)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Nell [HD]
Nell [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars TWIN SPEAK & SECRETS!, October 19, 2014
This review is from: Nell [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
'Nell' is one of those Films (1994) ... that could have written by Charles Dickens ... if he had lived in North Carolina!
An extraordinary, dynamic story of a Appalachian crone and her daughter, Nell, living a simple life of chosen self-seclusion, zero contact and communication with the public and the modern world, while existing with the barest convienences.

The only people she knew were her mother and twin sister. They lived together in a remote cabin in the forest. Nobody has ever met Nell. After her mother's death, she's discovered by the local doctor Jerome (Liam Neeson). He's fascinated by her, since she speaks a mangled language, developed by her sister and herself growing up, a "Twin speak" if you will. But Paula (Natasha Richardson), a psychology student, wants her observed in a laboratory. The judge decides they get three months to observe her in the forest, after which the court will decide about Nell's future.

Directed by Michael Apted - Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, The World is Not Enough (007).

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, October 19, 2014
Poor articulation of another intergalatic "Ground Hog Day", which is at least 4 Stars out of 5, IMO!

CableDrop
CableDrop
Offered by Etailz
Price: $9.95
12 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.8 Stars Good - How-To-Mount on Wood & Metal Suggestions + More!, July 13, 2014
This review is from: CableDrop (Electronics)
Blue Lounge Cable Drop 6-pack - is like many other products, a Great Idea, but Poor engineering, so I'm assigning a 3.8 Star Rating, even though it will show up as 4 Stars, becasue I know how to squeeze more life from these products.
Since we live in the middle of the Pacific, we always have to either fabricate our own items, Or, take an item and Modify it, and is what I did with these cable drops, since my past expereince with any item that sports a mounting adhesive option, just don't work for the long-haul. including the 'suction-cup' hangers.

USES - For mounting 3 to 8 mm USB, ROUND, charging/sync cables, Earphone cables and larger 7.5 mm single cables.
with USB iPod/Iphone I can mount 2 to 3 easily. I bought these for strictly for Modification.

How-To-Mount on Wood & Metal Suggestions - - Disclaimer: any modification may cancel the terms of a warranty.

1. Tools - small drill set + Bosch Lithium Driver + an array of different sized, brass picture hanging wood screws (phillips head).
2. To mount on Wood (Permanently) - I drilled a 1/32 hole about a 3/8 inches down from the top collar opening of cable drop. Then used a 1/8 inch brass, flathead WOOD screw to mount on a 24 x 2 x 0.5 inch board strip, already on the wall next to my desk.
Note - I did NOT remove the adhessive protective cover, just drilled through it.

3. To mount on Metal surface - first, locate a Magnet that is about the same size as the adhesive back, ~ 1 inch, I got mine from some of the old beer bottle plastic/metal openers, from Wally-World, and the magnets are EZ to remove.
Then, take the adhesive backing OFF and stick to one side of the Magnet. I placed a Book on top for a few minutes.
Now, you can stick cable drop on any Metal surface, and hang your cables.

4. Recommended Adhesive - If you decide just to use the cable drop as is, without any modifications, but they are starting to lose the adhesive sticking ability; Then, I recommend getting a 1 fl.oz tube of either, 3M or Loctite Vinyl/Plastic Flexible Adhesive, as it has worked well for me, I'm sure that other reviewers may have other recommendations too.

Thanks for stopping by ...

SmartSign 3M Engineer Grade Reflective Sign, Legend "No Parking - Do Not Block Driveway Tow Zone", 18" high x 12" wide, Red on White
Price: $29.60
2 used & new from $29.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Big Official Looking No Parking - Do Not Block Driveway Reflective Sign! Get One!, July 9, 2014
Since we have 2 driveways, one of them exits on a busy side street and have had some unattentive people block or partcially blocked this entry/exit, in the past. We live in the middle of the Pacific, where you have to improvise and fabricate many things that people on the mainland take for granted ... and living with less choices and options on the outer islands are the rule of the day.
That said ... neither Home Depot or Lowes or Wally-world or Sears, or kfart will never carry this type of inventory.

The Good - this 3M Engineer Grade Reflective "No Parking - Do Not Block Driveway - Tow Zone Sign ... is no joke!

* Made from Heavy-duty Industrial Aluminum, measures 12 x 18 inches, with Reflective bold lettering. Looks exactly like the ones
that the city or state transportaion departments uses downtown.
* Pre-drilled for mounting (mounting hardware not included)

The Bad - none to report.

Price point - so-so

Buy Again? Yes, I would.

18' Everstar Flexible Rope LED Lighting - Great for Pathways, Trees, Holidays & More!
Offered by Fast Ship Discount Outlet Store
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Brighter Than Most Rope Lights ... EZ setup!, July 9, 2014
This LED Rope Light is Brighter than the typical old-bulb types, as I did a comparison with the older ones we had aleady in place.
I also bought the Flat-type LED Ribbon, Single sided strips at the same time, so to compare these with them.

* The Flat or Ribbon type is actaully even Brighter, but restruicted to ONLY one-side, and they are much shorter + awkward to use.
I did post a Review about them, just Click on my Name, or Click-on 'See All Reviews".

* Why only 4-Stars? The vendor, Everstar, did send 2 of these 18 ft lights, but one was a COOL one (higher Kelvin Temp), and the
other was on the a Warm Tone side.
I had ordered 2 WARM Lights (lower Kelvin Temperatures), but, they got the order mixed up. I will contact them and see how they
handle it and post an Update.

* They are both for Indoor & Outdoor use, so that is a plus.

LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light, Version 1
LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light, Version 1
Price: $19.99
32 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL GEAR FOR EXPEDITIONS, TRAVEL & EMERGENCY KIT - PLUS HOW TO DO A QUICK REPAIR!, July 3, 2014
This review is from: LuminAID (Sports)
Some of the Reviewers have already covered the Pro's and Con's, so what I will focus on are on Alternate Use's ... and How To do a quick Field Repair, in case of a puncture.

Comment - as a former military Medic, I have procured, used, and tested a lot of different Field, Survival & MED gear & equipment, and this is one of the best idea's in the Solar Light Category. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, that Hunt's, Fishes, Camp's, Caving, Cross-country Skiing, Low-land/Highland Hiking, Mountain Climbing, and Remote-Location Expeditions ... as well as in your car or truck, for road-side emergencies & Repairs, since it can be hung from anything!

Testing results - 2 weeks ago, I charged the LuminAID (almost sounds like lemon-aide) and has been hanging off a hook, inside one of my rooms, with almost Zero Light Exposure and when I Tested both the Charge Capacity & Light Strength, it was exactly the same as 2 weeks ago!
I have paid more for "Solar Flash Lights" that charged up quickly, only to loose 50% or more Capacity within three or four days.

LuminAID is a small company that offers other INNOVATIVE Product Lines, and we should demonstrate our Direct Support by purchasing their Awesome and very affordable Inventions, IMO!

* HOW TO DO A QUICK REPAIR - before I list a couple of recommendations, I got this time-tested idea from past Field trips, Camping, Hunting and Expeditions and having to use all sorts of INFLATABLE Equipment.
I have been using Pro-Level Bicycle Tire Repair Kits for many years ... simply, because they work, they are EZ to use, small Footprint, and Cost less than a pack of cigarettes, not that I am a smoker, just stating the obvious!
1. Rema TT-02 Standard Patch Kit, at: http://www.amazon.com/Rema-TT-02-Standard-Patch-Kit/dp/B002CO6T7K/ref=sr_1_3?s=cycling&ie=UTF8&qid=1404452784&sr=1-3
2. Park Tool VP-1 Vulcanizing Patch Kit, at: http://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-VP-1-Vulcanizing-Single/dp/B000JF2ZB8/ref=pd_sim_sg_cy_56?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NG3BYZP186ZMHZGJDA3
3. SLIME is a well-known Car, Truck & Bicycle Tire Repair Product company.

* I'll be posting some photos later.

Intellinet, RJ45 Female to Female UTP CAT.6 Keystone Coupler, White
Intellinet, RJ45 Female to Female UTP CAT.6 Keystone Coupler, White
Price: $6.02
18 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Essentail For Cat6 Ethernet Connections, Testing or a Quick By-pass!, July 2, 2014
Intellinet, RJ45 Female to Female UTP CAT.6 Keystone Coupler, White - Looks like everything has already been said about this excellent RJ45 Coupler - Always buy at least 2!

BEST USE - is as a terminating RJ45 Female to Female Cat6 cable Coupler that is usually set-up in a new floor plan, or in a remodeled Home or office, with No Loss of signal.

Single Gang Installation - installed inside walls to a gang/box where you have a wall plate. The coupler attaches and fits into a Wall plate, from where another length of RK45/Cat6 cable is then connected to Internet device.

* Fits a Icarus Keystone Style Wall Plate - for 1 or 2 ports

* Option to perhaps also combine with a F-Pin (Coaxial) Connector - for a Single Gang Wall Plate(s)

* My Other Uses - has some versatility, all by itself! Quality materials! Can be used without a Wall Plate!

1. Quick, EZ, and Great for running a quick Computer System or Network Testing - All Cable-to-cable, or cable to computer, or cable to Internet Switch connections.

2. INTERNET - Used as a Single-use, RJ45 cable coupler (ran a 50 foot section from router), while waiting for my T-Link 5-Port Switch to arrive. It worked great and can see why it's a good idea to keep a couple of these around, since Friends and Neighbors always seem to need this type of a solution, for Testing purposes, or as a Temporary By-Pass.

Thanks for stopping by ...

PS3 Vertical Stand PS399083
PS3 Vertical Stand PS399083
Offered by BiH Electronics
Price: $7.90
15 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good To Have!, July 2, 2014
Prior to purchasing my latest PSP3 - 3rd Gen ... I never had nor used a PSP Stand of any kind, but, I had to be a bit more cognizant when my PSP3 - 1st Gen, became 'over-heated' and short-circuited by our famous Fire Ants ... since they have a free passport "To Go Where No man Has Ever Gone Before" ... a phrase that has elicited a Smile from Tylor, female friend ... Sound familiar?

Comment - well there isn't really anything else to say, except that it's really easy to attach to the bottom of my PSP3 - 3rd Gen, and it does convey a sense of ADDED Ventilation ... but only time will tell, if this actually helps or not, since I have placed the PSP 3/3 in the exact same spot as the 1st Gen was previously bivouacked.

This is a STATIC, slightly Elevated Foot, so it doesn't rotate, unless it's headed for the floor!

To continue ... if any significant changes occur ... o/w, the deal that I have struck with Tylor is that for every AMZ item I purchase, she and Crissy get Double Bonus Points, towards Victoria's Little Secrets ... and is enough to stop me dead in my tracks from playing Universal Soldier, or whatever ... and if you are a really curious type, then message me and I'll send you my link of beautifully rendered images in all of their glory ... See, you even got a Bonus too!
Carpe Diem!

1 Star off due to Price, since it's just a thin, Plastic piece.

Ziotek 8-Inch Crossover Cat5e Adapter
Ziotek 8-Inch Crossover Cat5e Adapter
Offered by CablesOnline
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $3.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Always Have A Back-Up To The Back-Up!, July 2, 2014
Bought this adapter, along with the Cables Unlimited CAT6 adapter too, mostly now as a Back-up, as these Adapters are NOT so easily found in the middle of the Pacific, so that's one, and two, not even Radio shack carries anything like this as it appears that they may soon be ceasing to exist, all together.

Having used these adapters before, I'm not going to any details about their Use and Function ... basically, if you know what they are, you should already know their applications.

Past experience is that they have worked well and lasted, although the constant vapor of sea salts are a real nuisance and wreak havoc on everything, not complaining, just stating the obvious.

And, sometimes, I have had a neighbor come over to see if there is a solution to his broken down gear and equipment, that cannot be alleviated by The Shack, basically the ONLY electronic store left, in the Outer island chain.

I'll let other reviewers add to the discussion. Thanks for stopping by ...

Cables Unlimited Cat6 Crossover Adapter
Cables Unlimited Cat6 Crossover Adapter
Offered by CablesOnline
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Always Have a Back-Up!, July 2, 2014
Bought this adapter, along with the Zioteck Crossover CAT5e adapter too, mostly now as a Back-up, as these Adapters are NOT so easily found in the middle of the Pacific, so that's one, and two, not even Radio shack carries anything like this as it appears that they may soon be ceasing to exist, all together.

I'll let other reviewers add to the discussion. Thanks for stopping by ...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19