Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for G. Boller > Reviews

Browse

G. Boller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Boller RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Tipton Snap Caps 22 LR, Per 10
Tipton Snap Caps 22 LR, Per 10
Price: $4.99
10 used & new from $4.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic and somewhat useful, March 13, 2016
Plastic and somewhat useful for practicing with your rifle. Once or twice through our .22lr rifle and they're damaged now and jamming up inside the gun. If you are okay with once or twice useful, then these are good for you. I need to find others that are more longer lasting.

Cell Phone Tripod Adapter - iPhone Tripod Mount - SE 6 6S Plus 5 5S 5C 4 4s Clip Holder Connector Head Smartphone Attachment Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 S5 S4 S3 S2 - DaVoice (Black)
Offered by Davoice
Price: $7.95

Anker 10ft / 3m Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Android, Samsung, LG, HTC, Nexus, Sony and More (Red)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend., August 5, 2015
Perfect length, solid construction, tight and rigid connection to the phone. Highly Recommed.

Ricoh Aficio Sp C240SF Multifunction Laser Printer
Ricoh Aficio Sp C240SF Multifunction Laser Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars POWER HUNGRY CHAMP, December 27, 2013
The printer is impressive and quickly prints in excellent color and detail. We have it connected to a wireless router and any computer in the home can print to it wireless-ly. Set-up was not too difficult although I would appreciate some more verbal description with my diagram set-up guide. It's heavy so set it up where you may not want to move it again. I plugged in an ethernet patch cable and connected it to the wireless router. I placed the Installation CDROM into each computer and selected the "QUICK NETWORK INSTALL" option to easily install the printer. I also installed the Presto Pagemanager (so that we can edit PDF documents) off of the same disc. Very easy installation for each laptop/PC.

What I was not anticipating was the power draw from this printer. It is causing lights to flicker in the same and adjacent rooms! It may be that our home, built in 1976, has wiring issues or it could be that the 1300watts this thing pulls is affecting our electric bill negatively. A quick search through the manual helped me to set-up the POWER SAVER mode so that it's only on when we're printing, then it goes into "sleep" mode using only 10watts of electricity... that's much better. Here's the manual:
[...]

I was able to easily scan across the network and recommend this unit for busy home or small office environments. I do not use the FAX feature as we have no land-line (most people still have those?).

Muse
Muse
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars "BEST magazine ever!", September 19, 2012
This review is from: Muse (Magazine)
According to my daughter, this is the BEST magazine EVER. Based on what I've read of the issues we've received so far, I would agree that it's pretty great. The price is a bit high, or so it seems at first, but when I consider all the crap that isn't being peddled to her in its pages, the price is worth it. It's especially worth it when I see the glee on her face that one day each month when the new issue arrives.

Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare Made Easy)
Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare Made Easy)
by William Shakespeare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.99
473 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, September 18, 2012
This series of Shakespeare books is excellent. Shakespeare can be daunting if you're new to him, but if you can read the modern English first and then read the Elizabethan English after, you get a feel for its rhythm, cadence, and "vibe." After a short while you'll be able to read any Shakespeare play and understand it just fine (though you will still encounter vocabulary that is foreign-- it's good to keep a dictionary handy).

These books (any of them in the series) are a great place to start.

Writing With Skill, Level 1: Student Workbook (The Complete Writer)
Writing With Skill, Level 1: Student Workbook (The Complete Writer)
by Susan Wise Bauer
Price: $23.29
57 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for this book!, September 18, 2012
I have tried it all, it seems. This book is FINALLY the one! Teaching writing to one of my children has been like trying to teach a fish to do tricks--it has been the bane of my homeschooling career thus far. Every other book we've tried has been miserable, with the child just not able to "get" it. This is the one that makes sense to her.
It is clear, systematic, logical in progression, and with steps that get slowly but progressively more complicated (almost like it's tricking your child--"You're learning writing and it's even getting harder without you noticing! Ha!").

Seriously though, if you've struggled with teaching writing or your student has struggled with learning it, give this a try. I think it'll be especially good for kids with engineering-type brains.

*I would recommend this for kids age 11 and up.*
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2014 7:39 AM PDT

Easy Make & Learn Projects: Colonial America: 18 Fun-to-Create Reproducible Models that Bring the Colonial Period to Life
by Donald M. Silver
Price: $12.95
40 used & new from $3.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too involved - great for non-artistic types, September 18, 2012
I really like this book for the same reason another reviewer didn't - it wasn't too artistic. We like to have a few things to do (no one likes to be 100% cerebral all of the time), but neither I nor my kids are really super-creative. Everything we've tried in the past that requires too much thought and/or too many steps from beginning to end has ended up forgotten and abandoned long before it's finished.
If you're the creative type, then this may be too "already done" for you, but if you want something simple then this is just the thing.

Cool2day® Sexy Women Long Natural Wave Hair Party Wig (Black) (Model: Jf010209)
Cool2day® Sexy Women Long Natural Wave Hair Party Wig (Black) (Model: Jf010209)
Offered by Cool2dayINC
Price: $10.26
2 used & new from $10.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wig for non-serious use, September 18, 2012
This wig is only a couple dollars more than your average halloween costume shop wig, but FAR superior in quality. The long black waves/curls are very nice and the fit on the head is great. I'm really glad I got this instead of the crummy wigs you usually find sold along with costumes.
Additionally, the wig was very nicely packaged and shipped-- not mangled or distorted at all.

Nataal Premium Stylus for Ipad2, Ipad, Iphone 5, Iphone 4(S) and other capacitive screen devices (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 3, 2012
Compared to other stylus that are too short for comfort, this Nataal is a conveniently long option with a great balance of weight and girth.

Page: 1 | 2