Profile for Shorty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 116

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shorty "jillshari" RSS Feed (Owings Mills, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Disney/Pixar Cars Hydro Wheels Max Schnell Bath Vehicle
Disney/Pixar Cars Hydro Wheels Max Schnell Bath Vehicle
Price: $6.19
22 used & new from $4.01

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, September 1, 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
My son was thrilled to get this Max Schnell for his birthday in June. We couldn't wait to try it out in the tub. Well, it didn't work all that well...and he hasn't really asked to play with it again. He much prefers the Cars color changers in his bath...just ashame they don't make them anymore. I'd pass on these.

Elephant 7" & Piggie 5" Soft Toys
Elephant 7" & Piggie 5" Soft Toys
Offered by For Every Season
Price: $27.30
14 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's lovie, September 1, 2013
We bought these two guys about 2 years ago when we first introduced our second child to the wonderful world of Piggie and Elephant Mo Willems books. (He loved ice cream, so it was when that book came out). We found only Piggie at first and then were told that they were a set. As soon as my 2 year old saw Piggie, he tucked him under his arm and wouldn't let him go.

Piggie went everywhere. To bed, to preschool...and after all this time, he is a little worn, but in very good shape. Elephant has been more ignored as my son got very infatuated with pigs, but then his interest waned and Piggie wasn't a necessary character.

Once again, we started pulling him out and reading the books. And my dear husband took to reading the piggie lines with a piggie voice and this stuffed piggie acting it out. Also, Piggie plays other games before bedtime...all due to my husband. As soon as he walks in the door in the evenings, my son is throwing piggie at him and telling him to make piggie noises. He is a constant bedtime companion and has made my son squeal in delight!

I highly recommend this set to "ANYONE...WHO...LOVES...PIGS!" This is the ONLY stuffed animal that he has attached to at all...and I love that it makes him excited to read these books that we all love so much.

The only surgery Piggie went through was cutting off his tag which went fine. And I have even been able to wash him in our wash machine. I threw him in a pillowcase that I used a hair rubber band to secure...washed on gentle and even dried. He turned out great actually.

MindWare Q-Ba-Maze Big Box
MindWare Q-Ba-Maze Big Box
Offered by Pretendtimetoys
Price: $35.96
18 used & new from $33.94

5.0 out of 5 stars My son actually thanked us for getting him this!, December 23, 2011
This review is from: MindWare Q-Ba-Maze Big Box (Toy)
This was a holiday gift for my 6 year old son who has been saying that he has wanted a marble run as a present for at least a year now. I hadn't gotten him any since he has a younger brother and I wanted to make sure he wasn't a threat to swallow the marbles or any small pieces. I saw this in a Mindware catalog and it piques my interest. The thing I liked the best was that it looked pretty, but you could make it ANY way you want. So, you can make as many different marble runs as you want and even add sets later if you want to make larger sructures. A lot of other products had few ways to assemble them and comments were that the parents had a hard time assembling them. My 6 year old caught on realy quick on how to assemble one. We made our first one in a few minutes and we then had discussions about center of gravity so our structure didn't tip over and having multiple entry points which was really interesting to him. As our creation had a somewhat narrow base and got pretty tall, it has fallen over a few times, but we were quickly able to reassemble it as it broke into large sections.

My son rarely issues thank you's on his own accord without being asked and he was thanking my husband and I within minutes of seeing this present. We are all quite pleased with this item and highly recommend it to anyone whose child wants a marble run.

Should I Share My Ice Cream? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
Should I Share My Ice Cream? (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
by Mo Willems
Price: $8.54
89 used & new from $1.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A HIT!!!, November 29, 2011
First of all, everyone in my house adores Mo Willems and we read every book of his we can get our hands on. This book was amazing. As with all the others in the series Gerald and Piggie are fantastic characters in a funny situation. Mo Willems seems to truly understand the problems of young children and writes about it in a humorous and relatable way. But, my 2 year old's favorite thing in the world is ice cream...so you can imagine how many times we've read him this book. (Oh... and he sleeps with a stuffed piggie) He actually loved this book so much that he had it totally memorized at age 2! If you like Mo Willems, this is a great book... and if you don't know Mo Willems, this would probably be a funny one to start with.

Hot Wheels Rev Ups Sky High Speedway Playset
Hot Wheels Rev Ups Sky High Speedway Playset
Offered by SuperMonskey
Price: $41.95
6 used & new from $32.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Some fun..., November 29, 2011
Honestly, the track was easy to assemble and to understand how to play with. It just doesn't get a lot of playtime. My kids (2&6) seem to have more fun playing with the cars separately since they are magnatized and having them climb up our fridge or other metal things. Take this with a grain of salt, because my kids aren't "car" kids, so that may be why it isn't a favorite.

Vibram Men's Speed Synthetic Running
Vibram Men's Speed Synthetic Running
Price: $49.00 - $141.17

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to LOVE them...., November 29, 2011
I began exercising with aqua aerobics because my knees were always bothering me and I was convinced that I couldn't do weight bearing activites without pain or injury. My trainer suggested I get out of the pool and we began "land" sessions. One day while using an arc trainer, my foot felt like I was developing some plantar fascitis and I was so upset because I felt like I was making great progress. So, after much discussion, we thought about vibrams. I purchased my first, KSO's and I have LOVED them. I run in them at least 3 times a week about 2-3 miles at a time and they are so comfy that I never want to take them off. Whatever foot and knee issues I had... I feel great running in my KSOs. I was looking to expand my line-up beyond my one pair and saw these speeds. I fell in love with the way they looked and couldn't wait to order a pair. After receiving them I was so disappointed because although they look great, are easier than the KSO's to get on, are lightweight and all of the other positives which come with my other pair... the little toe pocket seems to be really uncomfortable. I guess you'd have to get a pair and try them on to see if it's just the one I got or all of them, but I do have short stubby toes. (I ordered Bikila LS at the same time...and I LOVE them) I just wish they would have fit me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 4:12 PM PDT

Little Tikes Beach Ball Sprinkler
Little Tikes Beach Ball Sprinkler
Offered by E-CheapRUS
Price: $13.00
31 used & new from $6.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., July 7, 2010
This was purchased for us as a gift for my son's birthday and we couldn't wait to use it. I used a plug-in air pump to fill it with air which worked very well. We tried it out this afternoon and my son, his friend and I taking turns running past it which felt wonderful in this 100 degree weather. But, as the others have noted, it began to fill with water within 10 minutes of use and we turned off the hose. We tried to let the water out and realized that it is in the air compartment and it only slowly leaks out. In fact, once we disconnected the hose the ball started to roll away from the weight of the water that had filled the inside and we had to chase it into my neighbors yard.

I got on here to check the other reviews to see if we were the only ones with this problem, and I am disapointed to see so many others. I wanted to contact Little Tykes to complain and see what they would do, but now after reading the other reviews... I will probably complain to them anyways, but it is ashame that I don't think there will be anything they will do for us. Please don't buy this sprinkler since it looks like a blast, but really disappointed us all. And I guess I will be using scissors to puncture it to let the air and water out so we can toss this in the trash before it grows mold.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2010 10:00 PM PDT

Baby Einstein: Who Lives in the Pond? (Baby Einstein (Special Formats))
Baby Einstein: Who Lives in the Pond? (Baby Einstein (Special Formats))
by Julie Aigner-Clark
Edition: Bath Book
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My sons first bath book and still his favorite, January 13, 2006
My husband and my 9 month old son take their baths each night together in our jacuzzi tub. My son has loved his baths from the very beginning and we were looking for something for him to do in the bathtub. He loves books and reading so we happened to find this one and excitedly purchased it.

My son would sit on his daddy's lap while they read this book over and over again in the bathtub.(which gave me time to soap him up and rinse him without him paying me any attention) He even reaches out of the tub to pull it in everytime he bathes. He just really loves looking at the colorful pages, can turn them with ease and listens intently to the story.

Also, when he is teething, he bites on the sides of this book which hasn't affected the integrity of the book. We have been putting it in the tub now for about 9 months and it has withstood all that use too.

My son enjoys this one so much that we also purchased "Water water everywhere" and "Mimi's Toes".....but I think this one is still the favorite.

Baby Einstein: Mirror Me!
Baby Einstein: Mirror Me!
by Julie Aigner-Clark
Edition: Board book
219 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately a keeper in any child's library, January 13, 2006
My son got this book as a present before he was born. I was determined to start reading it to him as soon as I could and I have been reading it to him for 9 months now. He really enjoys looking at the colorful illustrations and the mirrors on the opposite page. He now reaches out and turns each page when he is ready. And he also knows to expect me to blow into his hair when the cow page comes...since cow goes "puff and blow". He even looks at me when he sees the cow and smiles.

I have had this book memorized for awhile now, but that isn't such a bad thing....since I can now look at my son while we read and see what he is thinking. So far, he has really enjoyed this book and even though the cover says ages birth to 9 months, I think we will enjoy this one a bit longer.

Definately an easy read for any parent and lots to look at and engage any baby or child.

Tails
Tails
by Matthew Van Fleet
Edition: Board book
Price: $10.94
267 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 month old loves this book, January 13, 2006
This review is from: Tails (Board book)
This was a present for my son from a friend when he was about 5 months old and he has enjoyed it ever since. He loves the cover which has many different textures to touch and is so colorful to look at. Sometimes I read him the rhymes but sometimes he is content to just sit and flip through the book himself. He loves feeling some of the furry things like the lion tails, but recently favorites are the porcupine's needles and the peacock's shiny spots. He opens the flaps himself which lead to wide pages full of color and exploration. This book keeps him so occupied, I am amazed. He has awhile until he will be able to count the different animals throughout the book (as the last two pages suggest), but I think so far he has thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm happy that he will have more about it to enjoy in the future.

This is really a great book....and it has held up to the pulls and tugs of a 5-9 month old....pretty sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12