Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for HJN > Reviews

Browse

HJN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HJN RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Northwave Bike Lizzard Pro Bike Shoe - Men's
Northwave Bike Lizzard Pro Bike Shoe - Men's

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of shoes for wide feet!, March 26, 2012
If you have wide feet like mine (I wear at a minimum 2E and 4E preferably for running shoes), these will prove to be more than wide enough. The width in the shoes is great and the platform of the shoe is plenty wide as well. Very comfortable shoes!

I would pay for this even if they were more expensive!

Injinji Men's Sport Original Weight Micro Performance Toe Socks
Injinji Men's Sport Original Weight Micro Performance Toe Socks

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these socks!, December 29, 2011
I bought these for running after continuing to develop blisters in my toes. It could be me not running appropriately but these have eliminated the blister problems.

I truly enjoy these socks.

For reference on sizing, I wear a US9 in soccer cleats, US9.5 in running shoes/sneakers, and the mediums fit me perfectly!

Highly recommend these.

Pearl iZUMi Men's Elite Cycling Short,Black,Large
Pearl iZUMi Men's Elite Cycling Short,Black,Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product but..., December 29, 2011
These shorts are of great quality and material. However, I have tried them and have preferred to put on my Attack shorts.

The materials on these are lighter, thinner, and stretchier but for some reason, the Attack shorts' materials and seams felt more natural and more comfortable. It's probably personal preference!

I am 5'11", 190lbs, 32 waist, with rather large thighs. The large fits me perfectly. The mediums were too snug where it made me a little uncomfortable.

Pearl iZUMi Men's Attack Cycling Short,Black,Large
Pearl iZUMi Men's Attack Cycling Short,Black,Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and great value!, December 29, 2011
For the price point, these shorts can't be beat! I preferred these over the Elites because of the material and also the seams. These just felt more natural on me. Although the Elites have a thinner and more stretchable material, the material on these shorts felt more comfortable. The Elites also has seams that just felt uncomfortable to me like they run along the wrong areas that annoy me. This could very well be personal preference.

Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight, Black
Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight, Black
Price: $6.99
195 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great product!, December 29, 2011
I purchased 2 of these for my wife's and my car keychains. I wanted her to have a small flashlight with her at all times but she's not good at putting things right where she got them from. So, the flashlights that I put in the car usually goes missing and we couldn't find them when it comes time needing them.

These are so small that they fit on the key chain without bulking it up while powerful enough of a flashlight that we have found it very very useful! Looks to be a great product and absolutely worth the cost.

Highly recommend these flashlights!

P90X Results and Recovery Formula: 30-Day Supply, Packets
P90X Results and Recovery Formula: 30-Day Supply, Packets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, December 29, 2011
I have been using this product since June of this year when I started the P90X program. I am on my second round of the program and I absolutely enjoy this drink right after the work out. It tastes so good that it is almost addictive:)

It could be placebo effect but I do feel more soreness the following few days after a workout if I chose not to drink this. It could be placebo effect as well but when I drink this right after the workout, I almost feel like my body is soaking it up while getting a refreshing sense to my body. Not sure if that made sense but I will continue to use this product for the foreseeable future.

Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor withColor LCD Screen
Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor withColor LCD Screen
Offered by Catalina Designer Goods LLC
Price: $179.99
7 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Monitors but has its downsides., December 29, 2011
I have been using the Summer Infant Video Monitor (Summer Infant Day and Night Handheld Color Video Monitor with 1.8" Screen - Silver) for the past 4 years. One set lasted 2 years which I replaced and I have purchased a new set for my 10 month old when he was born. This Summer Infant Video Monitor was probably the best out there prior to these Motorola Video Monitors but still had lots of issues. They had a lot of statics, get interfered easily even when you put a limb near the video unit, and they have very poor range. We enjoyed them nonetheless being that there were non better out there.

When I got my first set of these Motorola Video Monitors, I was blown away! The previous reviews are all correct. The range is great, no static, all the feature functions work well, and did I say no static and great range?

There could be improvements in the button and menu layout but I'm ecstatic with this product coming from what I have been using. It's like a big leap in technology advancement going from the Summer Infant to these. I do agree that the video quality is not as good as other monitors but I'm a true believer in living with the downsides of a product if the key areas of the products work well and done right!

The one major major draw back that I have recently found out is when I bought my second set to replace the other summer infant video monitor in my other child's room. I was planning to have both cameras synched to both video/parent units. That way, I have two handsets that can be used to view either cameras. NOPE! Can't do that! Even though the description says that the parent unit is expandable up to 2.

You can only synch one camera to each handset/parent unit. If you want to synch both cameras to one handset/parent unit, the other handset/parent will be useless. This is really disappointing! I hope the company can update their firmware to handle this in the future if that is even possible. Maybe, it's just something they had meant to do but couldn't get the functionality working in time for launch or couldn't get it working at all in that configuration.

I still intend to keep both my sets to have each camera synch to their respective handsets/parent units.

The other issue is that when you have the 2 handsets/parent units sitting next to each other, I have found that one of the units will lose signal. It seems that one of units is interfering with the other and causing the other one to lose it's signal stream. I wonder if anyone else have seen this issue.

Overall, it's a no brainer if you only need one of these units. If you need more than one, it really depends if you are willing to live with the issues I've mentioned in the above. I am trying to figure out if I want to go back to the summer infant for the closer range room and return this second unit or just keep it and live with the issues. I'll update if I can find other workarounds to make these issues a little easier to deal with.

CatEye Strada Double Wireless Speed and Cadence Bicycle Computer CC-RD400DW
CatEye Strada Double Wireless Speed and Cadence Bicycle Computer CC-RD400DW
Offered by Performance Bike
Price: $59.99
5 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little computer and easy to install as well as setup!, December 29, 2011
I just recently got this installed and setup on my 2011 Felt Z5. Installation was easy. The computer unit setup was easy and the sensor install was easy as well. I have the habit of reading the instruction several times before tackling an installation and setup of any product while looking at the parts that came with the product. So, I generally spend a little longer but I have a higher chance of getting it done right the first time.

I struggled with the decision to get just the simple strada wireless with just speed or get even more data on the computer with something like the Sigma 1909 that has cadence as well as heart rate. After reading lots of reviews, I decided that this unit:
1. would help keep my front fork clean and nice,
2. the unit being on the chainstay is very stealthy (even my wife could tell that I added something until I pointed it out to her),
3. I have cadence which would be helpful if I wanted to use it on a trainer,
4. I have cadence which would help me with my training to stay in a range,
5. I didn't want to mess with the quirkiness of what I have read about the other products in this price range that has heart rate monitor. I have a simple polar heart monitor that I will use in addition to this computer which is very dependable.

I did use a small piece of thin rubber for the underside of the sensor on the chainstay where the zip ties wrap around to make sure the finish on my carbon frame is slightly protected. So far so good.

I will update this review when I have had a chance to put more miles on this setup.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worth the money!, December 29, 2011
I bought these for my wife for Christmas. She was mostly wearing my socks when she's wearing her boots. She wore these the last few days and absolutely love them. She said they are very comfortable and fit great! She's close to 5'7" and these went not quite to her knee. So, the length was perfect.

The side benefit of ordering the black tweed is that now these socks stand out in her drawer of socks and she will be able to easily find these.

Pearl Izumi Men's Run Select Thermal Tight,Black,Large
Pearl Izumi Men's Run Select Thermal Tight,Black,Large
Offered by Black Mountain Marketplace
Price: $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of thermal tights!, December 29, 2011
For the price point, you just can't go wrong! These are well made and they fit really well. I am 5'11" 190lbs 32 waist with pretty large thighs. I thought I needed an extra large but the large fit me perfectly! The X-Large would have been too loose around the ankle-calf and around the groin area. These are great for running as well!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3