Profile for JSutherland125 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JSutherland125 RSS Feed (Cincinnati, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton
Offered by VALUE'S JAPAN
Price: $31.54
141 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome!, May 7, 2014
I didn't want to spend the proverbial arm and a leg on an electric burr grinder but I wanted a good quality item, so a compromise had to be made. The compromise, however, was not that great. This burr grinder gives me exactly what I want in an affordable package.

I work from home 3/4 out of the month and coffee is a must when you're tasked with managing an infrastructure consisting of a thousand servers and a bunch of other "stuff". I was grinding my beans at the store, but I had to drive out of my way in order to get a grinder that had a coarse setting for a french press. Kroger has a grinder, but the coarse setting seemed the same as the powder like setting for a percolator. While I didn't have a problem drinking enough liquid awesome, I still wanted that nice fresh cup of just ground coffee. For a single serving (about 24oz) I takes me roughly 1.5-2 minutes to grind the beans. I love the gritty sound of grinding my own beans ... and the smell .. yeah, the smell is perfect.

The grinder is easy to adjust to reach the perfect grind you want. Cleaning ... well, cleaning of a ceramic surface with lots of cavities takes a bit of time but it is well worth it. If you need a grinder for home and you don't mind spending the 2 minutes it takes to churn out the grounds you need for a great cup of coffee, BUY THIS!

Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW
Price: Click here to see our price
121 used & new from $122.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want a fast PC? You need an SSD!, March 26, 2014
Ever since my first introduction to the world of SSDs my patience has grown smaller and smaller when using a computer. While the state of technology has advanced tremendously in all other fields, hard drives are slow and irritating as they have been for a LONG time. While size has grown ... well you get the picture.

SSDs have come a LONG way since their start several years ago, they are much faster, larger and more reliable. My favorite SSD has become the Samsung 840 EVO series for many reasons. The price to performance ratio is fantastic and life expectancy is quite good (especially if you pick a 250GB model and run RAPID). I suggest these drives to friends and clients and have not had a single disappointment with these drives. I am not a fan of the included Samsung data migration software, so I use Macrium Reflect for my "ghosting" needs, the free version does everything I need.

I've installed these in 5 year old PCs to turn them into screamers. Even if you lack a SATA III port, the uptick in speed from 4K and smaller reads over a standard mechanical hard drive will blow your mind.

If you make the jump to an SSD, expect your level of patience to drop in other areas .. these are FAST!

Nexus 5 Case, Spigen Slim Armor Case for Nexus 5 - Retail Packaging - Smooth Black (SGP10569)
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case!, March 26, 2014
I've owned several Spigen cases for various phones, I have never been let down with them. They protect well (I've dropped my phone enough now to attest to that) and look good. I've had several comments from people who own Otterbox cases that they love the look and how thin the phone + case still is.

The ONLY drawback on this is that I feel the case is a bit harsh on my ear when I use my phone to make calls for an extended period of time. However, it just takes a moment to re-position the phone and all is well (that or use a headset).

I'll continue to order Spigen cases for my devices!

Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper, White
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper, White
Price: Click here to see our price
116 used & new from $9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it!, February 5, 2014
My wife loves popcorn and had been making it the old way in the pan with oil. While this was a nice way to make it .. it was messy and the oil added calories we didn't want.

This cuts down on the time to pop, the calories and the mess.

Motorola Moto X, Black 16GB (AT&T)
Motorola Moto X, Black 16GB (AT&T)
Price: $399.99
8 used & new from $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, one of the best Android devices I've owned, February 5, 2014
The Moto X is a solid, well built and comfortable device to use. The UI is very close to stock Android and because of this it gets updates (in general) faster than most other Android phones.

The only negative I can take away from this AT&T branded device is that the bloatware AT&T has bundled with the device causes battery drain due to not letting the phone go into deep sleep. Yes, many applications do this, but the reason I make this statement is that you cannot remove it or disable it without rooting the device. Go with the unlocked GSM device to rid yourself of AT&T junk apps.

i-Blason Apple iPad Air Case / iPad 5 Smart Cover Compatible Back Cover SoftGel TPU back case (Front Smart Cover Not Included, Back cover Only) (Clear)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo bro, it totally does it's job!, December 19, 2013
I have two of these covers (for use on my iPad and my wife's iPad). They fit perfectly, leave a little area open on the side for the smart cover. I have not found a single problem with the cover.

Bottom line : If you need a cover and will be using a smart cover as well, this is all you need!

Bob's Red Mill Cereal 10 Grain, 25-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill Cereal 10 Grain, 25-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $17.04
11 used & new from $9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff!, December 19, 2013
You can buy this in local stores, but I have yet to find a price as good as Amazon's! While I do not find it has any real taste by itself this is extremely easy to remedy. I used to sweeten it with brown sugar, but I found the added sugar to wreck my poor diet. I have replaced the brown sugar with some honey from local hives .. so good! I also mix in some nuts and dried fruit (sometimes some fresh banana). This is a meal high in fiber and low in fat. This and Bob's Steel Cut Oats are amazing products! Come to think of it .. I've never had a bad product from them!

Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube Set for Extreme Close-Ups
Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube Set for Extreme Close-Ups
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for results! I am in Macro heaven now!, November 27, 2013
You can't be serious?!

That was my first thought when I saw the images this was capable of producing! I still cannot believe how close you can get with this kit. This opens up a whole new world of photography for under twenty dollars.

Some points to take note of as others have mentioned :

- This extension tube set is ALL manual, there is no electrical connection from the camera to the lens.
- The "screw" on the lens mount must be pressed down to remove the lens.
- You will need to get extremely close to your subject to be able to bring it in focus with all of the rings attached
- Fantastic build quality!

If I am being super picky, the only thing I can say negative about this is that where the lens mounts, the flanges are sharp. I like to investigate and feel the stuff I purchase. It didn't cut me, but it is sharp. But really, that's being super picky. I cannot think of a single negative beyond that!

To use this extension tube requires a couple of steps :

1) Find your subject and adjust the f stop and shutter speed for proper exposure
2) Press the Depth of Field button and hold it down while powering off the camera
3) Remove the lens, attach to the extension tube and attach to camera
4) If your lens is not set to manual focus, do so now
5) Get close!! Adjust focus, take picture!
6) View image, be amazed!

Anker® 25W 5-Port Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; Tab; Nexus and More (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charge everything!, November 21, 2013
This is a great charger for all your USB charging needs. Do you have a bunch of friends who never seem to have their battery charged when they come over? Phone always beeping, driving you nuts? Well this is the product to fix that. I have a set of each type of charging cable (for some reason I have around 20 of the old Apple 30 pin cables .. it is a mystery) ready for them to plug in so the beeping stops (I really hate beeping). This has a maximum of 5V, so you can charge 5 phones (if they all require 1A) at once. Anker seems to be a good company with great customer support, so I had no worries purchasing this product!

Generic BLACK Real Glass iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 CDMA Back Housing Back Cover Battery Replacement Door Glass. Full Housing with frame, Comes with small star screw driver needed for install and a free sim eject tool. Can't Fit AT&T iPhone 4
Offered by hk_goodprice (International Post)
Price: $3.71
7 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy fix for shattered glass., November 17, 2013
Replaced a friends broken back glass with this. Easy swap, still as good as the day it was installed. Quality seemed fine, can't say anything more really.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7