Profile for T. Schiel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 171

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Schiel RSS Feed (Denver, CO USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Everything Burns
Everything Burns

1.0 out of 5 stars Not My Cup of Tea, January 23, 2015
This review is from: Everything Burns (Kindle Edition)
I tried to get through this book but I had to put it down after about 10 chapters. I didn't like any of the characters at all. I just skimmed the rest and found it got no better. The plot was confusing, the writing was below par, some of the events were too ridiculous to even mention. This was free so no harm done except the loss of time. I tried, author, but this book just was not for me.

Heart Collector
Heart Collector

2.0 out of 5 stars Words that didn't match up too many times., January 5, 2015
This review is from: Heart Collector (Kindle Edition)
It was an okay book, somewhat, but translation problems really brought it down.The translator, Wendeline Hardenberg sports a massive vocabulary she wants to use but doesn't know how. Julien, one of the main characters, learns some unwelcome facts about his upbringing from his parents and he says to them, "imagine how discombobulated I feel." Another when Julien discovers a door to a hut in back of a main house...his companions "had just enough time to see him engulfed in the hut." He just opened a door and went inside folks. Later after a shootout fight we read "three gendarmes appeared next in the room contemplating the bodies littering the floor." Seeing that some of the bodies were alive contemplation was not in order. Sophie, Julien's friend who suddenly realized he was her true love when he stomped out (to contemplate perhaps) said as he left, "let me help you stubborn mule. I love you." The last example, "the arrival of the five men in this lofty room was incongruous."

Some of the events were implausible (I too have a good vocabulary, translator). One of the characters, is pregnant and hiding from her husband. (This is in the prologue so no spoiler here). She goes into labor in the bushes, delivers the baby, wraps in a piece of her skirts, hides it in the bushes, walks away and her husband finds her. Delivering a baby by yourself takes more than a few minutes.

A choppy read marred by a translation overdone with fancy words that had little meaning to the sentence at hand. Discombobulating.

Subjekt PLS-9600 Pulse Low Profile Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Integrated Mic (Jet Black)
Offered by PlanetHeadphone
Price: $52.99
2 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite headset, December 12, 2014
My favorite Bluetooth headset was my PLS-9400 which I used for close to 5 years but it sadly died. I immediately began looking for another Subjekt but found the PLS-9400 was discontinued. Boo. But then I found the PLS-9600 on Amazon. Bought at once. They have solved the falling off ear pads (which never really bothered me. Just put them back on.) These are just as good as my old PLS-9400 if not better. LOVE them. Don't quit making headset Subject, please.

Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004
Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004
DVD
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Eric Clapton, December 12, 2014
Good stuff. Jonny Lang and Steve Via segments were my favorite acts on the show. I have several Crossroads in my library and enjoy listening to them.

LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 7200rpm 500 GB Mini Disk Portable Hard Drive 301556 + 4GB Flash Drive + 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub + Canned Air Duster 8oz + USB Extension Cable
Offered by aSavings
Price: $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase., December 12, 2014
Easy to set up...works just fine. The only (minor) problem is it keeps notifying me to make a backup plan for the disk. This disk is the backup of my favorite books, music and videos. Fast enough, easily accessible and small enough to to carry around. I'm sure there is a way to get rid of the notifications which pop up on a regular basis...I just haven't gotten around to it.

Shadow Boys (A Jon Cantrell Thriller)
Shadow Boys (A Jon Cantrell Thriller)
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully his second try will be better than this one, November 23, 2014
To Disjointed. I just couldn't get into this book. Too many characters, too much plot, just to much. Hopefully his second try will be better than this one.

Canfield's Soda Chocolate Fudge Diet,  6-Count(Pack of 4)
Canfield's Soda Chocolate Fudge Diet, 6-Count(Pack of 4)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $26.66
11 used & new from $12.21

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Chocolate, October 29, 2014
Tastes great. I wish a grocery store here in Denver carried it.

Rotation Locker
Rotation Locker
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like this App, October 29, 2014
This review is from: Rotation Locker (App)
It works an app at a time.

My Sister's Grave
My Sister's Grave

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay But Some Flaws, October 29, 2014
This review is from: My Sister's Grave (Kindle Edition)
I just couldn't relate to the main character, Tracy Crosswhite, teacher turned cop, an insubordinate one at that. I really didn't like her at all. Lots of back story, too much back story. The plot line was fine. The legal wrangling was okay. The story of the vanished little sister never found has been done to death in mystery literature and twenty years of daily agonizing by Tracy got old and a touch boring. The ending was a little over the top but bearable. Writing style was okay also, not the best I've read but good enough.

The back story chapters could have been tightened up and the current time chapters could have been a bit longer. It made the reading a bit choppy. Over all good but not memorable.

Township
Township
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very slow game unless you spend lots of money., October 4, 2014
This review is from: Township (App)
Unless you are willing to spend lots of money, this games is extremely slooooooooooooooooooow. In order to advance, you have to build community buildings....the construction materials must come by train (if you don't want to spend your money). It almost took a week to get the materials for two of these buildings. Boring. You are hamstrung if they are not finished since you cannot then construct housing necessary to keep the game going. There is a disconnect on timing between those two necessary steps. I've been playing for a week and now the train wait is getting longer. Clearing land just took the coins you made from filling orders. Then it took coins and a shovel, delivered, you guessed by the slooooooooooooooooow trains. Now it is two shovels. By by land clearing. One factory building took 17 hours to get finished. Sheep from whom you get necessary wool which you need quite a bit take 4 hours to produce and there only three of them. Three wool gets you almost nowhere and you have to wait 4 more hours to get anymore. Boring. After only a week of play, the orders you have to fill get suddenly very complicated and time consuming. This time consumption gets overwhelming. The fun vanishes rapidly.

This game should back off and become playable in a more leisurely fashion for people that don't want to spend a ton of money. It's unplayable unless you do so and that is not my definition of a fun game. If the developers insist on money...make a better game. This is an okay game but nothing spectacular.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18