Profile for C. Beall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Beall RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Take it from the Top (Adventures in Odyssey)
Take it from the Top (Adventures in Odyssey)
by AIO Team
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $22.49
34 used & new from $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Adventures in Odyssey Keeps Getting Worse, February 11, 2012
I am an Adventures in Odyssey Nut! If you love AIO as much as I do, this CD set will make you cry because it is so bad. Mr. Whitaker's voice has been changed and you will not even recognize it. The stories are depressing, poorly written, have no plot, and are all around pitiful. Something happened to AIO beginning with the set prior to this one (The Best Small Town). They are just not the same. I am seriously grieved over this. I guess when Dr. Dobson left Focus on the Family, the priority of AIO went with him.

The Best Small Town (Adventures in Odyssey)
The Best Small Town (Adventures in Odyssey)
by AIO Team
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $22.49
48 used & new from $8.72

1.0 out of 5 stars The Good Ol' Days of Odyssey are Over, February 11, 2012
I am an Adventures in Odyssey Nut! I have every episode. Beginning with this CD set Adventures in Odyssey has lost it's way. The episodes are confusing, poorly produced, and have no plot. I was grieved when I listened to this set at how bad it was. I thought that maybe it was just a bad set, but the next one is even worse. I guess when James Dobson left Focus on the Family, the priority of AIO decreased and it is evident. If you have never listened to an AIO, DO NOT BEGIN WITH THIS SET. What Happened? I am so sad.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version]
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $54.95
8 used & new from $24.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable for the Money, February 11, 2012
This product is exactly what is pictured. I have purchased 2 of these and have run them through ceilings and walls. It works great. Why pay $100 for a 50' HDMI cable at Best Buy or Lowes? This one is even better at a fraction of the price. I highly recommend it!

Zinwell ZAT-970A Digital to Analog TV Converter Box (for Antenna Use)
Zinwell ZAT-970A Digital to Analog TV Converter Box (for Antenna Use)
Price: $58.69
14 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Extra Money, February 11, 2012
I have had two other HD Converter boxes and they are horrible. This is the first one that has a decent remote and excellent set-up. I used the paper thin antenna with this product and I highly recommend both. I really like how it shows the signal strength of each channel. I have not seen this before on other boxes and it is very helpful. This converter box is $8-10 more than other boxes, but it is well worth it. I used the box to get an HD antenna signal to a projector. It worked great. I recommend this product.

Cable Wholesale Composite Video Cable RCA Male / RCA Male High Quality 50 ft
Cable Wholesale Composite Video Cable RCA Male / RCA Male High Quality 50 ft
Offered by Century Accessory
Price: $10.95
17 used & new from $6.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Not What the Picture Portrays, February 11, 2012
You will think that you are getting a sturdy RCA cable with gold ends as the pictures shows, but that is not the case. It is a very cheap and thin RCA cable. I had signal problems if you bent the end of the cord one way. Fortunately this cable is in a location where it will not be moved. It works fine, but don't expect much. It is probably worth the inexpensive price, but at least show a picture of what the cable is.

HDmi Pigtail 3RCAJACK Wall Plate White
HDmi Pigtail 3RCAJACK Wall Plate White
Offered by Smarthome
Price: $8.17
23 used & new from $8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 11, 2012
This product is just as it appears. It is excellent. I really like the HDMI pigtail coming out the back because it makes it easier to plug the cable in when working in a tight space inside a wall. I recommend using some electrical tape on the pigtail just to ensure the cable does not come unplugged in the wall. Great product.

Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Price: $35.99
21 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, February 11, 2012
I saw all of the excellent reviews of the Paper Thin HD Antenna and I thought, "Why Not?" I do not have cable or satellite and an HD Antenna is the only TV I watch. I have at my house a huge HD antenna in my attic. I needed an easy way to show the Super Bowl at church. I received my antenna and I could not beleive it. This thing is unbeleivable. It gets just as good as reception as my huge HD antenna mounted 30 feet high in my attic. I have taken it to several locations and I get incredible reception. I purchased a second one for another Super Bowl party at church. I think 10 people have bought them since they have seen mine. They all love it. This thing will blow your mind. I also purchased an RCA HD signal booster, but the antenna does not need it. Plugging it straight into the TV is fine. For my application I purchased an HD converter box and ran it to a projector using RCA cables. I was showing the Super Bowl to a ton of people and a projector does not have a tuner in it, therefore requiring a converter box. When I was testing the antenna, it fell on the floor and the signal remained perfect. Run it to a TV, to a converter box, to a projector, it does not matter, it is incredible. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

Trees (Action Science)
Trees (Action Science)
by Carolyn Boulton
Edition: Library Binding
9 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nature Study Book, March 20, 2008
This is a wonderful book with descriptive pictures, science experiment ideas, and instructions on how to do things like tree rubbings.

One Day in the Prairie (Trophy Chapter Book)
One Day in the Prairie (Trophy Chapter Book)
by Jean Craighead George
Price: $4.49
72 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Educational Purposes, March 20, 2008
This book has some of the most beautiful pencil drawings I've seen in a children's book. While the story isn't overly enthralling, he does a great job of describing the animals and plants in detail to help the reader learn about each one and to really imagine they are there on the prairie. We will be using this book as a resource to study prairie life.

Lynda Morley's Outings & Adventures with Children Ages 1-6 & Beyond
Lynda Morley's Outings & Adventures with Children Ages 1-6 & Beyond
by Lynda Morley
39 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Book description, March 10, 2008
From the back cover: (This book) details over 300 locations within the Dallas - Fort Worth ara. Morley and Walls give tips on how to schedule, plan, execute, and evaluate these outings. With the introduction of a new age category, 6 & beyond, Outings & Adventures becomes a complete resource, identifying age-appropriate activities associated with each adventure.

Page: 1 | 2