Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for scottfwi > Reviews

Browse

scottfwi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 82

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

scottfwi RSS Feed (waukesha, WI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple Devices (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone)
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple Devices (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone)
Price: $20.33
17 used & new from $17.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs brighter keycaps and bigger home row bumps, November 17, 2015
Pros: the bluetooth connection is reliable and reestablishes quickly when its been left idle and the feel of the keys is good.

Cons: I wish the lettering on the keycaps was brighter! I have an under desk keyboard tray and my keyboard is always in shade, especially at night. If I'm hunting for a key (like typing a credit card number) I have to stare and stare ...is that a 5 or a 6? To make matters worse, the bumps on the F and J keys to help you find the home row are not very pronounced. I have to hunt for those often as well.

Bluetooth Speakers TaoTronics Boom X Stereo 20W Speaker (Dual 10W Drivers, Dual Passive Subwoofers, Strong Bass, Aluminum-Alloy, Bluetooth 4.0, Built-in Microphone) Wireless Portable Speaker
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bass player approved, November 17, 2015
I'm a bass player in a rock band--good speakers are my friend. But shopping for speakers is so frustrating. The ones that sound good are super overpriced and the inexpensive ones sound awful. I wanted a bluetooth speaker to be shared by the 3 people in my small office. What I need is a bluetooth-enabled speaker that doesn't sound like crap and which also will allow everyone to take a turn at wireless DJ--without giving $150 to Bose or Beats. This item from TaoTronics does it! It's not going to replace my studio monitors, but it delivers a nice bump and a full sound. At $60, it's not cheap. But it's not ridiculously overpriced like the others in its hi-fi class.

TeckNet X361 iPad Mini Bluetooth Keyboard Cover with Built-in Stand Groove for iPad mini with Retina Display - Silver
Offered by Hippidion.US.Store
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars boss say's it's great on her iPad mini, November 1, 2015
I bought this for my boss when she busted a couple of keycaps off of her Kensington keyboard/case thing. This unit is a lot cheaper and I was worried it would be no good. I put it on for her and then a few days later I asked how it was working. "Totally great," she said. I'd say this keyboard is a bargain because you're getting more than you pay for.

Timbuk2 Commute Messenger Bag 2013, Black, Medium
Timbuk2 Commute Messenger Bag 2013, Black, Medium
Offered by larrylibooks
Price: $98.00
5 used & new from $56.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gag But Strap Lacks Grip, October 31, 2015
I really like this bag. The materials and construction seem high quality. It is larger than I needed, but I'm NOT holding that against it. For some reason the economics of these bags are weird and the Small size was way more expensive than the Medium. Anyway, I can put my Macbook Air 11" and my iPad mini and all their various cables and adapters in the bag and still have room for my lunch and possibly a hoodie, too. I could have easily gone with a Small. One thing I DO find fault with, though, is the shoulder strap. It's got no grip! It constantly slides off my shoulder. I find myself having to keep a hand on the strap while I walk.

Belinda 3in1 Mini Displayport to HDMI DVI VGA Adapter Cable for Mac Book, iMac, Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro and Mac Mini
Offered by Belinda store
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $12.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Three Problems, October 31, 2015
I've been using this adapter for months. Macbook Air (2014) to Visio 32" TV several years old. I use it day in and day out and it's "good enough," as evidenced by the fact that I've not replaced it. However. I do have some problems. I'm not positive that they are the result of the adapter, but I think so. Soon i'll get a replacement and see if they go away. But for now here's my issues: FIRST, closed clamshell mode does not work on my laptop. You cannot get a video signal to the TV with the laptop closed. I have read everything about how this feature works and it does. not. work. SECOND issue is a very noticeable buzz in the audio coming out of my TV. The HDMI cable I'm using to hook the adapter to the TV is a brand new Amazon Basics. I think the adapter is poorly shielded and introducing this noise. THIRD problem is that sometimes when I turn on/wake up my computer the video to the tv flashes in and out. It comes on and then every 20 seconds it goes black and comes back after 5 seconds. Once this has started it seems like it will just continue like that forever. I usually unplug the adapter from the laptop for a minute and plug it back in. That seems to fix it.

UPDATE: Got the Amazon Basics Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter and what do you know! Closed clamshell mode works! And that awful buzz in the audio? Noticeably reduced. This item definitely was the cause of those problems. I would not buy again.

Thermos Intak 24 Ounce Hydration Bottle with Meter, Green
Thermos Intak 24 Ounce Hydration Bottle with Meter, Green
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $11.35
15 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars First water bottle I've actually liked!, September 21, 2015
I hate water bottles. But not this one. It's easy to fill, easy to drink from, easy to open and close and easy to clean. The lid pops open with the push of a button. It can be locked open by pushing it all the way back. It can be locked closed with a small wire loop over the button. The shape and texture of the bottle make for a good grip. The opening you drink from is easy to sip or guzzle. There is a counter dial that goes from 1 to 6, presumably to keep track of how many times you've filled it during your day. It's difficult to advance, as twisting it tends to unscrew the entire lid. Other than that it's pretty much perfect.

RT301WA Super-Fast Pocket Digital Thermometer with NSF Approval
RT301WA Super-Fast Pocket Digital Thermometer with NSF Approval

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, August 28, 2015
Works well and is a decent substitute for the more expensive one used by Alton Brown and favored by Cook's Illustrated.

Trudeau Double Lever Corkscrew - Black
Trudeau Double Lever Corkscrew - Black
Offered by MyCuisina
Price: $18.99
3 used & new from $14.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good., August 28, 2015
I managed to bend the screw within the first couple of weeks. Not good.

Joyo JF-02 Ultimate Overdrive Pedal, featuring true Bypass Wiring, Tone Switch and Quality components
Price: $34.99
147 used & new from $27.00

2.0 out of 5 stars not for bass, August 28, 2015
Got this to try on bass guitar. It immediately lost all low end. Do not use for this purpose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2015 1:53 PM PDT

Case Logic AUA-311 11.6-Inch Laptop/Chromebook and iPad Slim Case (Black)
Case Logic AUA-311 11.6-Inch Laptop/Chromebook and iPad Slim Case (Black)
Offered by Goodios
Price: $24.09
55 used & new from $18.55

3.0 out of 5 stars It fits like a glove, August 28, 2015
I got this to hold my 11 inch Macbook Air. It fits like a glove. In fact, I think it's a bit too snug. The laptop fits perfectly, but it's a squeeze to get the power adapter in with it. I'd rather have a slightly larger bag where everything fits comfortably.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9