Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Jason Golomb > Reviews

Browse

Jason Golomb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 339

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason Golomb RSS Feed (Northern Virginia)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Everyday, Easy to Clean Indoor/Outdoor Woven Vinyl 14" Round Double Border Placemats, Nautical Blue, Set of 6
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Inexpensive Placemats - Great for Outdoors, April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are simply terrific. They wipe off easily, seem sturdy (after a few days of use) and are perfect for outdoors, summer/deck use.

I was seeking something simple and attractive for my daughter in college and these are perfect. She'll be able to use them everyday at her school apartment. They're very easy to wipe off and sturdy enough to survive a couple of college years.

These could also be used for deck and outdoor use. The material is heavy enough to survive all manner of bbq and schlepping in and out.

Strongly recommended.

Cetaphil Men 3-in-1 Daily Lotion, 16 Fluid Ounce
Cetaphil Men 3-in-1 Daily Lotion, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $15.48
3 used & new from $15.48

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how you can make something 100% scent ..., April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know how you can make something 100% scent free...but Cetaphil has done it. There is zero scent on this lotion.

I've been using it regularly for about a week and I'm very impressed. I rarely can get by without needing multiple layers of lotion after my shower, but that's not the case with this Cetaphil.

It lasts and I'm feeling generally more moisturized during the day. We'll see if that lasts.

The lotion is not greasy. It goes on and feels a bit stickier than the lotion I'm used to, but once rubbed in and after a couple of uses, I had no problems.

Speck Products CandyShell Cell Phone Case for iPhone 6/iPhone 6S, Onyx Clear, 73684-5446
Price: $34.00
5 used & new from $26.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Objectively this is a terrific case, but..., April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I'll say up front...any phone case review is going to be very subjective.

My objective review:
- It fits snugly on my iphone 6. There is zero risk of the phone coming loose or falling out of the case
- The case is clear and see-through, but it's translucent and smoky grey rather than fully transparent.
- It's a rock hard plastic shell.
- The buttons are firm.
- I dropped my phone on day one and there was certainly no damage to my device.

My subjective review:
- I don't like the smoky color.
- It's rock hard, but a smooth plastic shell. There's no way that this won't slip out of my hands at some point soon. I'm partial to a portion of the case having some tactile grip. It's just safer.
- I dropped my phone on day one and the phone was fine, but I already have several scratches on the case. And with a clear case it's rather...obvious.
- The buttons are too firm. You have to have some strength to the turn the phone on/off or change the volume.
- And you have to have fingernails to turn the sound on/off.
- And may heaven help you if you need to take off the case. It's on...and on for good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

Dell Wireless Mouse WM126 - Blue (0PD03)
Dell Wireless Mouse WM126 - Blue (0PD03)
Price: $16.13
34 used & new from $14.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little portable mouse!, April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fabulous little plug n' play mouse!

I'm using this with my office computer (it works only with PCs/Windows machines). It needed about 5 minutes to auto load the driver software and recognize itself and now it works immediately as soon as I plug in the wireless unit and turn on the mouse.

The mouse required one AA battery and can be turned on and off. I suspect the battery life won't be terrific, but I've only had it for a few days. I'll keep rechargeables handy.

It comes with a little plug-in USB wifi unit that I'm now just leaving in my computer.

The mouse is small - about 1/3 smaller than an average desktop mouse. It fits perfectly in my bag and seems sturdy enough as I carry it from meeting to meeting.

As you can see from the image it has a left and right button. It feels comfortable in the palm of your hand. It's a little sticky as a I drag it across my desk, but it's also new.

No issues. Highly recommended.

Vermont Smoke & Cure Beef & Pork Sticks, Antibiotic Free, Gluten Free, Chipotle, 1oz Stick, 24 Count
Price: $27.50
4 used & new from $27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious taco-flavored beef stick!, March 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Delicious beef stick! My son and I agree that it tastes like taco meat.

The sticks are thicker than slim jim's. They're filling but good for a snack.

My son felt they weren't greasy. They have a spicy kick but I didn't consider them spicy per se.

Very good.

Disney Pixar Oval Slow Cooker, 7 quart, Black
Disney Pixar Oval Slow Cooker, 7 quart, Black
Price: $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable design. Perfect for college apartment., March 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Adorable Disney crockpot! I love the design.

Removable crock but I wish it had a auto warm feature. It has a warm feature but no timer.

Typical crockpot functionality. But designs make it unique.

This will be perfect for my daughter at college!

OtterBox PROFILE SERIES Slim iPad Air 2 Case - Retail Packaging - MOONLESS NIGHT (BLACK)
Price: $49.95
3 used & new from $34.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, March 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This iPad case is very slim and slick and very smooth. The snap on the cover keeps it snugly closed.

The stand has six positions but holds pretty much anywhere.

It's challeging to put on the first time but once on it fits very well.

I've dropped the iPad a couple of times and have seen no damage to the iPad more the case.

Highly recommended.

Lucien Piccard Men's 40015-02S-RA-CP Pegasus Analog Display Quartz Black Watch
Lucien Piccard Men's 40015-02S-RA-CP Pegasus Analog Display Quartz Black Watch
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and Solid Men's Watch, February 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a beautiful, solid-feeling, classy-appearing Men's watch.

It's kinda of large and heavy, and that will appeal to some, but just a heads up if you're looking for something a little more svelte.

The face is clear and legible, with multiple readings in addition to time, seconds, stopwatch and date.

The clasp is kinda weird. Not even sure how to describe it but I actually had to review the directions a couple of times to figure it out. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but the bad can be easily replaced.

VetIQ Minties Dental Treats for Dogs, Medium Size Dogs, 6 oz.
VetIQ Minties Dental Treats for Dogs, Medium Size Dogs, 6 oz.
Price: $4.94
7 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend Minties Dental Treats., February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Greyhounds are known to have horrendous dental hygiene. Their breath is awful and they tend not to love brushing their teeth...or if they do, they tend to like that yummy poultry-flavored paste.

I've given Minties a try and my Annie loves them. They have a strong mint smell, but it doesn't turn off my dog. She love them. They're thicker/heavier than a typical treat, so she really has to work at chewing and eating it...which means it's covering more tooth surface, AND it acts as a good chew toy/treat.

The mediums are quite large and perfect for my 60-lob dog.

Dynasty: The Rise and Fall of the House of Caesar
Dynasty: The Rise and Fall of the House of Caesar
by Tom Holland
Price: $21.83
75 used & new from $13.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific History, January 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tom Holland has written another accessible history of Ancient Rome. He's erudite without condescension; detailed but not banal.

His Rubicon tended to get a bit stuck in the weeds but I'd chalked it up to my lack of background in the pre-Caesar era. I don't find that the case with DYNASTY, but this is an era with much greater familiarity.

Many of his tales of the emperors were known to me but there are gems-aplenty. I strongly recommend this as travel background to anyone visiting Italy. You can't swing a dead cat in Rome without hitting something at least 2,000 years old and this will provide background in what you've just knocked over.

If you're interested in going back to the pre-Caesar era, I'd recommend Holland's RUBICON. not quotes as readable as DYNASTY, but just enough detail and backstory to understand the context in which Julius rose to power.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20