Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for A. Ryan > Reviews

Browse

A. Ryan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 350

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Ryan "Merribelle" RSS Feed (Westminster, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Orb Toilet Paper Holder Canister, White/Chrome
Orb Toilet Paper Holder Canister, White/Chrome
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bathroom needs one of these. Holds 3 jumbo ..., January 26, 2016
Every bathroom needs one of these. Holds 3 jumbo rolls of toilet paper, so you can keep your guests stocked up with backup supplies, while yet protecting the tissues from moisture. Even though it's semi-transparent, I have come to the conclusion that this canister is also equipped with psychic camouflage, causing kids and spouses alike to yell from the bathroom, "We're out of toilet paper!". Only the purchaser can reveal the truth.

Kwikset 91550-003 Milan Bed/Bath Lever in Satin Nickel
Kwikset 91550-003 Milan Bed/Bath Lever in Satin Nickel
Price: $24.80
20 used & new from $19.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern, stylish, great quality and value., November 22, 2015
This would be my first time ever in attempting to replace/install door handles. Bought a total of four Kwikset Milan levers for my home -- one from Home Depot, the rest, later, through this Web site -- and all of them installed and functioned smoothly. Six weeks in from replacing our old door handles with these, and zero issues so far.

One caveat for other door hardware newbs like myself: do not, under any circumstances, try to do this job at home alone. Especially if that door is the only way in/out of the room. No need to ask me how I learned this...let's just say, thank God for cheap, hollow core doors and solid kicking skills. Seven years of martial arts training did not go to waste.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2016 12:06 PM PST

KES BRASS Shower Hook Single Wall Hook Towel/Robe Clothes Coat Hook for Bathroom Kitchen Garage Heavy Duty Contemporary Style Wall Mounted, Polished Chrome, A1061
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical hook with a designer look., October 18, 2015
Great find! I looked for this modern style of robe hook to coordinate with other bathroom accessories for our master bath remodel, and this little thing surpassed my expectations in quality, function, and style for its reasonable price. Yes, it is smaller than the stated dimensions on the product page, but I was well aware of that before I bought it. (It would be great if KES would fix that oversight!)

Happily, I was able to locate the stud to screw in the mounting plate, so I didn't need to test if the wall anchors would be strong enough (they didn't appear to be very substantial to me, but then, what do I know...I rarely have occasion to mount weighty, metal wall accessories like this). It was a quick install, and it holds everything perfectly -- towels, shirts, robes, purses, you name it. Nothing seems inclined to slip off. Now that I know it works so well, I will be ordering a few more of these hooks to stand in for a towel bar.

KES® A2180 Bathroom Lavatory Towel Ring Wall Mount, Polished Stainless Steel
KES® A2180 Bathroom Lavatory Towel Ring Wall Mount, Polished Stainless Steel
Price: $40.00
2 used & new from $15.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost a good deal., October 18, 2015
Pros: solid, heavy metal construction, the provided wall anchors seem to work well, and it has a nice finish that suggests good quality overall. It appears to be a designer knockoff of a few other brands of bathroom accessories, notably Grohe, but about 5 dollars less expensive.

Cons: As some other reviews noted, the towel ring did not appear entirely circular. It's not very noticeable once the towel is looped through, but, the plastic caps that join the ends of the ring into the bar do stick out about 1/8 inch or more, making them quite visible; it turns what would be a very classy accessory into something cheap-looking.

Conclusion: I should have spent the extra five bucks on the Grohe towel ring, but I will go ahead and live with this because I plan on moving next year anyway. I'm sure a tacky towel ring isn't going to make or break the sale of our house.

New Balance Women's WX813GR3 Training Shoe,Pink,8.5 B US
New Balance Women's WX813GR3 Training Shoe,Pink,8.5 B US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find for my sore arches, October 6, 2015
I have arch support issues, so that is always a factor in my decision to buy shoes. I have a pair of arch support inserts that I usually insert into my athletic footwear just in case the arch support isn't enough. Amazingly, I found out by accident that I didn't need the inserts with these shoes!

These New Balance training shoes have held up admirably for the past 4 months through my weekly workout schedule: 3 HIIT classes (that's High Intensity Interval Training, which involves a lot of lunging, squats, burpees, etc. with occasional sprinting -- not easy on the feet!) and 3 or 4 martial arts classes (also lots of activity which is not easy on the feet). Honestly, these were not my favorite color combination, but the price was absolutely unbeatable and I'm glad I got them.

Shoes for 2 or 3 times the price aren't necessarily any better than these "budget" New Balances. Why pay more?

KES Self Adhesive SUS 304 Stainless Steel Toilet Paper Holder Storage Bathroom Kitchen Paper Towel Dispenser Stick On Sticky Tissue Roll Hanger Wall Mount Contemporary Style, Brushed Finish, A7070
Price: $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern style, solid metal construction, unbeatable price., September 30, 2015
I purchased this toilet paper holder a month ago for my bath remodel, and may I say, it is one of the few bathroom accessories that has surpassed my expectations.

Solid metal construction, quick and easy mounting with the adhesive backing, and a modern designer look that integrates well with similarly styled, more expensive brands such as Grohe. It holds a roll of toilet tissue perfectly, and dispenses it without fuss or noise. I turned it this way and that before taking off the adhesive backing, and found that in one position, it held the roll bar out more stiffly, and turned the other direction, it was floppier. I decided that I liked it to hold the toilet roll out from the side of my vanity more, so I mounted it that way and it works like a charm.

It's been two weeks now, and the adhesive is holding it still. Since the weight of this product plus a large toilet roll puts minimal stress on this unit, I think it will probably hold forever unless someone deliberately misuses it (puts full body weight on it perhaps? I dunno, seniors do things like that now and then, so be careful about installing proper grab bars around your toilet so the octagenarians in your home won't be tempted).

All this, and the price beat out the designer lookalikes. I love it. I would totally buy this product again for the next time I do a modern bathroom redecorating. Thanks KES!

Kiva All Natural, Xanthan Gum (Stew, Soup and Sauce Thickening Powder) - Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free - 2.8 Ounces
Offered by Shop Direct
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for my GF pantry, August 31, 2015
Now that I've had this product to add to my gluten-free baked goods, I have to admit that it's indispensable. Cookies, lemon bars, and pretty much everything I've tested it on, bake up with more volume and finish with better structure. No more "puddle chip" cookies!

This company is to be commended for offering Xanthan gum in a handy size and container for home usage. According to the expiry date on the bottom of the bottle, the one I just ordered should expire in just under two years from now. That should be just about enough time for me to use the contents at my usual rate -- 1/4 tsp per recipe, a few times a week (on average). I don't know what I would have done with the whole, honkin' bag from Bob's Red Mill. You'd have to be a professional cook to use that much Xanthan gum before it turned. Or maybe a Duggar "chief cook and bottle washer".

Love me my small, simple, GF lifestyle.

Vionic LAUREN Light Blue 8M
Vionic LAUREN Light Blue 8M

4.0 out of 5 stars They hold up well, but with a minor caveat., August 31, 2015
As with all Orthaheel sandals I've tried in the past 3 years, these fit well and provided good, solid arch support. The first week I wore them, I got a few compliments from strangers due to the unusual color and allover pattern stamped into the uppers and the soles. For orthopedic sandals, these are unusually attractive in my opinion.

The reason I hesitate to award these sandals a full five stars is that it didn't take long for the soles to discolor and get pretty nasty-looking. My feet aren't * that* dirty :/. I have noticed this same problem in my previous Orthaheel pairs: perhaps it's unique to the material used by this company. In any case, they looked worn out in about a month of light usage, long before they actually wore out.

I will continue to buy this brand of sandals because I love what they do for my arches, but in the future, it's probably wise to stick to styles with already-darkened sole material.

World Map Compact Auto Open/Close Umbrella-World Map
World Map Compact Auto Open/Close Umbrella-World Map
Offered by W&A
Price: $17.54

5.0 out of 5 stars I must have been tipped off by the Good Fairy of Weather that this would be the year ..., January 11, 2015
Although I live in southern California, we do occasionally get rain; yes, and even a few heavy rain storms! I must have been tipped off by the Good Fairy of Weather that this would be the year to kick back at the long drought that has been plaguing our state, because I actually bought this umbrella as a shade source to keep in my car (kids soccer games, even in November ;) ), but as it turns out, it repels water, too. Well, alright!

This great little umbrella by Three Elephant is perhaps the sturdiest, nicest little compact umbrella that I have ever owned. Unlike those cheapo brands that you pick up at the grocery store for ten bucks apiece when you are limping in like a drowned rat and thoroughly desperate to find anything to put between you and the weather, this one will actually hold up for more than two weeks. In fact, it held up despite being misappropriated by my teenaged son a few times on his way to school -- and this is the kid who could break a rubber duck. And wind. But, the wind won't break this umbrella.

One more thing: maps are cool. They automatically confer an aura of smartiness on everybody who totes a map over their head, as if to say, "I am neither a wimp nor girly, but a tough and intrepid explorer, like Magellan, and Doctor Who." Yes sir, ya gotta love ya some of that Doctor vibe. Get some!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't always eat bread, but when I do.., December 26, 2014
Ordered this from KAF directly -- LOVE the resulting bread!

I made this recipe by hand, as I'd gotten rid of my bread machine years ago when I discovered a gluten sensitivity: it was a messy process, and it took a couple of hours altogether with the rising, etc. I used butter and whole milk, and shaped the dough into an 8X4" pan (I reserved some for making dinner rolls on the side, as I could tell there would be way too much dough for that little pan). When it was done baking, I was rewarded with a tender, buttery-flavored loaf that had a soft "white bread" look and taste. It was great with butter and jam, and for making sandwiches. The gluten eaters in the house also liked it, which is rare!

Normally, I have tried GF loaves from grocery stores and really didn't enjoy the mealy, crumbly textures and bland flavors. There is only one bakery in my area that makes GF bread, and it's actually wonderful, but very expensive! This KAF loaf came out a close second to that local bakery's, in terms of flavor and texture. However, if you order it at the price on this web site, you're paying too much. I think you should be able to find a box of this GF mix at stores like Whole Foods, and it will be about half this price. That makes it totally feasible to have GF bread that you'll love and actually finish before it goes bad! (mine is used in about 2 days among four people).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20