Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (North Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Portable Dual USB Charger Power Bank. PowerIQ™ Broad Compatibility, Fast Charging, High Capacity, Ultra Compact. For iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), LG G3, Nexus, MOTO X and More (Black).
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for vacation, August 9, 2013
I bought this battery pack to use on the plane to charge two Kindle Fires and also to use whilst out and about on vacation. So far I am pleased with the purchase. I am able to charge both devices at once and get them both to 100% on a full charge. I was also able to re-charge my cell phone (Samsung) on the same charge. The size is a little bigger than the average smartphone and a bit thicker, but overall easily portable in my purse. I also liked that it came with a mesh bag that could also fit the cords to connect the devices.

Califone 2810-TI Kids Stereo and PC Headphones, Tiger Design
Califone 2810-TI Kids Stereo and PC Headphones, Tiger Design
Price: $11.88
18 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great on airplane, August 9, 2013
I bought these for a four year old to use with a Kindle Fire on the airplane. I tested the sound quality/volume whilst we were in air, and it was clear and could be hear above the plane noise. They fit her head fine; not too tight or loose, and she liked the cute tigers. The headphones held up fine despite being used by a child and shoved in and out of a carry-on and the seat compartments.

Step2 Play and Shade Pool
Step2 Play and Shade Pool
Price: $49.99
11 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby...., July 16, 2013
This review is from: Step2 Play and Shade Pool (Toy)
I bought this for a four year old and two year old. So far, both enjoy playing despite its small size. The toys that attach to the umbrella don't stay on well, but the toys still get used in the water. It is quick to fill and sturdy; so far it has held up to a couple months of use by groups of toddlers. Best of all- they can never pop it.

Birds of the Carolinas Field Guide, Second Edition: Companion to Birds of the Carolinas Audio CDs
by Stan Tekiela
Price: $11.05
75 used & new from $1.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book of information, July 16, 2013
I have purchased this book twice. Once whilst living in NC, and then again after it was lost on the move to SC. I have used this for casual bird watching in my yards. So far, every bird I've seen I have found in the book. I also like the short little blurbs (Stan's notes) for each bird. This book is organized to easily find the birds by their primary color with the color tabs and the small size makes it easily portable around town.

BARSKA 10x25 Compact Waterproof Binocular (Yellow)
BARSKA 10x25 Compact Waterproof Binocular (Yellow)
Price: $26.49
7 used & new from $22.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, July 16, 2013
I purchased these primarily to look at birds at my feeders. I am not up to snuff on binoculars, so from a novice, these seem to be fine. I can easily adjust to see the birds and they aren't too heavy; a good portable size. If I was to get into serious watching though, these would probably no longer work as birds far up in the trees are not clear enough; their colors and features are slightly out of focus no matter how much I adjust the magnification. Also, living in South Carolina, on humid evenings I sometimes have trouble with the lens clouding. Overall though I am pleased with the purchase and quality for the price.

56 used & new from $91.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Device, July 16, 2013
I have two Kindle Fire HD 7" and have been very happy with the devices. These are used exclusively for media. Just a few highlights on what I considered before picking the Fire:
Appearance:
-Ads are not annoying, who cares what pops up on the opening screen?
-Fingerprints are annoying, but a good reminder to clean the screen regularly
-Good size, but can get a bit heavy if holding while watching/playing rather than using a case. I like how slim it is and the sleek design.

Battery:
-I can usually get a couple of movies, and depending on length, multiple episodes of a TV show while streaming on a fully charged battery

Ease of Use:
-very intuitive, my two year old and four year old both figured out how to swipe and open most apps, etc.
-good parental controls to avoid those accidental kids purchases
-easy to navigate through apps, movies, etc

Media:
-Love using this with Amazon Prime, very easy to get movies/shows to stream
-Volume is pretty good considering size
-Pictures are crisp and most movies/TV shows show up great
-A few freeze ups/glitches while playing or switching between apps, and sometimes drops the wi-fi connection, but overall the problems are few and don't happen often (maybe once every few weeks)

Customer service:
-I have to give a shout out to the Amazon customer service. I recently cracked the screen (completely my fault) and Amazon sent me a replacement for free (2 day shipping) and paid for the return shipping of the damaged Fire. I was very happy with that result.

Johnson's Contour Nursing Pads - 60 ct
Johnson's Contour Nursing Pads - 60 ct
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $10.99
10 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite pads, July 6, 2011
I tried about 5 brands with my first baby before finally discovering these pads. I hated the mesh on some pads and how itchy they were. These pads are soft and I normally don't notice. I have only ever leaked through once, and that was the first time my baby slept through the whole night without feeding. I don't normally remove the paper over the sticker; I think they stay in place better without using the sticker.

Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus,174 Count
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus,174 Count
Offered by TradeDeal
Price: $62.75
7 used & new from $43.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and no rashes, July 6, 2011
I started out with a different brand for my second daughter, but switched to these after she was getting rashes. After 4 months of use, she hasn't had any rashes (I change her about once an hour when she is awake). She sleeps about 12 hours at night, and only rarely is there a leak. She does, however, almost always leak when she has a blow out while she is asleep, but I've yet to find any brand that won't leak when this happens. If she's awake when the blow out occurs, there isn't normally a leak since I put her upright. Also like how soft they feel.

Cleanwell All-natural Hand Sanitizing Spray, 4-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Cleanwell All-natural Hand Sanitizing Spray, 4-Ounce (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sanitizer for diaper bags, July 6, 2011
I stock this in my diaper bag and purse. The smell doesn't bother me; smells like a citrus house cleaning product. After it absorbs, it doesn't leave a weird film or any sticky feeling like some sanitizing sprays. It also doesn't dry out my hands like sanitizing gels.

750-KIDS ponyholders Multicolor **Color Shades May Vary**
750-KIDS ponyholders Multicolor **Color Shades May Vary**

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, July 6, 2011
Use several a day in my daughter's hair. A few break while trying to wrap around her hair, but not more than any other brand. Colors are OK.

Page: 1 | 2