Profile for E. Karasik > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 276

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Karasik RSS Feed (Washington, DC United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gold & Silver & Black feather design Metallic Temporary Tattoos, tattoo Size: 6.69"x3.94"
Offered by theAlist
Price: $6.95
10 used & new from $6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, fun and they really last a long time!, June 1, 2015
I wore one of these on a recent weekend in NYC and was astonished at the number of compliments I got on it, including from a fashion designer friend. They don't look like actual tattoos, obvi, but they are very pretty if applied in a tasteful way, they take your look a click above conventional adornment, and they last quite a long time. Reordering!

Tom's Ware Womens Casual Fit and Flare Floral Sleeveless Dress TWCWD054-NAVY-US S
Offered by Tom's Ware
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price, May 6, 2015
I bought a couple of these as shorts-substitutes to wear outdoors in hot weather to music festivals and other various events, and they did not disappoint. They are simple but attractive and I like the lower scoop neck (are you listening, Ann Taylor Loft?). I wear a size 0-2 and the small fit perfectly, snug in the torso, skimming the hips gracefully, and not too tight anywhere. As another reviewer pointed out, the fabric is mid-weight, so while it may not be AS comfy as thin jersey, it seems sturdier and doesn't show any bulges or bra/panty lines. I hope they restock, I want to order a couple other colors. Also, it would be nice if they were available in some more contemporary prints.

Seth Avett & Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith
Seth Avett & Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith
Price: $8.00
64 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection., April 20, 2015
I can't stop listening to this album. The arrangements are just beautiful and really showcase Elliott Smith's heartbreaking lyrics. Some of the covers are quite different from Smith's versions and truly reinvent the songs; others are more derivative but equally compelling. A truly happy collaboration between Seth Avett and Jessica Lea Mayfield paying homage to an artist whose tragic premature death leaves fans craving more. And when I saw Avett and Mayfield them do the live show is was even more glorious. I hope they do a sequel!

Totes Womens Beatrix Snow Boot,Black,8W
Totes Womens Beatrix Snow Boot,Black,8W
Offered by Shoe Center

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for snow, but not waterproof as advertised!, March 17, 2015
These are cute and comfy, but they are not waterproof! Or more specifically, the lower portion of the boot is waterproof, but if you were walking through water more than a coupke inches deep, it will seep in and get your feet wet! Also they don't really keep your feet that warm. I wore them a lot this winter on snowy days, and they have pretty good traction, but I still need warmer boots for prolonged time outdoors and boots that won't leak when wading through standing water.

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good read, and very sensible advice., March 17, 2015
I'm not technically overweight, but I always struggle with a few pounds. This book is the first one I've read in a long time that I feel has been helpful in changing my eating habits. Dr. Kessler's neuroscience-based approach does an excellent job of explaining the link between the food industry, hyper palatable foods, and the vicious cycle of cue, urge, reward, habit that fuels overeating. The crux of Dr. Kessler's advice is that when we make eating correctly a matter of willpower, we are likely to fail because the cues to overeat are everywhere. What works better is a perceptual shift to view these cues as negative, not in our self interest, and to learn to substitute more positive habits and rewards. This is no instant fix, but it is the most sensible approach to long-term healthy eating that I have seen.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS PICTURED ~ USES RABBIT FUR ON THE COLLAR, January 5, 2015
This is an otherwise very cute vest, but it it has REAL RABBIT FUR which is NOT pictured in the photo of the item OR mentioned in the description. UNACCEPTABLE. AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING.
Comment Comment | Permalink

A Million Ways to Die in the West
A Million Ways to Die in the West
DVD ~ Seth MacFarlane
Price: $10.00
112 used & new from $3.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! I howled!, December 6, 2014
Five stars may be pushing it, but I do feel this film is seriously underrated. Yes, some of the humor was very broad and raunchy, but it is also quite a clever parody that turns the western hero stereotype on its head. I think I need to see it again to get all the anachronisms and sly cultural and political references (look for Dali imagery in the dream sequence). I laughed my a** of through most of it, and the rest was actually quite touching plus there's some beautiful scenery. I was thoroughly entertained and bought a copy for a friend who enjoys westerns and western parodies.

iPad Mini Case, JETech® Gold 2 Serial Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini 1/2/3 All Models Slim-Fit Folio Smart Case Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (Green)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 18, 2014
Very nice sturdy case ~ has worn well so far and folds easily.

In Search of Blind Joe Death: The Saga of John Fahey
In Search of Blind Joe Death: The Saga of John Fahey
DVD ~ John Fahey
Price: $15.37
21 used & new from $11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful documentary and the special features add a lot of value., October 17, 2014
I didn't know a lot about Fahey before watching this, but I found this chronicle of his life utterly poignant and fascinating, and it gave me a much deeper appreciation for his haunting and original compositions. I was especially impressed with the special features ~ the interviews were quite extensive and the one with Pete Townshend was unexpected and quite brilliant. There are also a lot of amazing musical performances in the special features by other artists who were influenced by Fahey. Well worth owning and would make a great gift for any fan of blues or roots music.

Replay
Replay
by Ken Grimwood
Price: $8.68
200 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plot-driven story., October 17, 2014
This review is from: Replay (Paperback)
Great read ~ the writing itself is fairly pedestrian and the characters never really sing, but the concept is well thought-out and the action zips along at a breathtaking pace and becomes truly mind bending as the plot develops. The story raises some profound questions about finding meaning in one's life and at times becomes quite poignant. I had it with me on a long flight and barely looked up until we landed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20